Bearden open

HTV

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

Hearing a new name this morning. If you are looking for offense, this guy can produce offense.  

Should be interesting to learn if there is any basis or if it is just rumor.  

I am hearing former Knox Catholic HC for both Bearden and HVA openings. I think it's probably too early and even KCS wouldn't touch that. But still a name I have heard.

Just now, HTV said:

As I said in the HVA thread, I don't do names in respect for the applicants and their potential futures with their current schools if they don't get a job they have applied for.  No winners in that situation.  

If it were college football, it would be different.  But these guys are high school teacher first, high school coaches secondly.  

Tell me its Powell OC without telling me its Powell OC. :roflol:

18 minutes ago, HTV said:

As I said in the HVA thread, I don't do names in respect for the applicants and their potential futures with their current schools if they don't get a job they have applied for.  No winners in that situation.  

If it were college football, it would be different.  But these guys are high school teacher first, high school coaches secondly.  

And an edit: 

The coach you mentioned isn't the only coach known for offense in this area.  There are several guys who fit that bill.  

Farragut OC? Great coach, but that doesn’t seem likely. 

23 hours ago, Drifter1987 said:

Paul Shelton was the OC there for a while, he is currently a position coach for UC Davis in California. When he left, Brian Milan took over as the OC, moving over from his role as the DC. Mickey Chait has been over the defense since then. Milan left this past season as well, took a job as a position coach at Maryville College. Not sure who the OC was this season, heard he came from Heritage. 

The AD at Bearden made it seem like there would be limited teaching positions if that's the case why would they not look internally?

7 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

The AD at Bearden made it seem like there would be limited teaching positions if that's the case why would they not look internally?

Not sure exactly. TSSAA post says all certifications will be considered but yet the KCS website only show a PE position. Leads me to think they will create a position for the head coaching hire if needed, depending upon certification. 

1 hour ago, FHSAlum12 said:

I am hearing that Miner, DC from Oak Ridge is a top candidate for this job. He is a science teacher which should be easy to fit in as it is a high need subject area. He is a very good defensive football coach from what I have been told. Well-respected in the coaching ranks.

All true, he's an excellent coach and teacher.  He's a good guy too, kids love him.  If he leaves we will greatly miss him, but I hope whatever he wants to do works out for him.  I wish him nothing but the best.