Bearden open

HTV

13 minutes ago, RPohnO said:

For sure. If the HC was an offensive minded guy, last year's OC would probably leave, which opens up a spot for the new guy to bring his own DC. I get all that.

And I would think the opposite would be true as well, if the new HC was a defensive minded coach. The DC would leave and they would have an open coaching spot and PE position to hire an offensive coordinator.

Edited by LEFTYKNOX
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

Current OC took over not long before the season started and did not get to run "his offense".  Old OC quit for a college gig but still teaches PE

Would be a tough situation for a new OC to take over and have to run someone else's offense. Can't blame someone for taking the next step in their career and moving on to college either. Tough situation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Would be a tough situation for a new OC to take over and have to run someone else's offense. Can't blame someone for taking the next step in their career and moving on to college either. Tough situation.

Also seems like it may be worth looking at some of these former Bearden assistants that are now coaching in college to take over the HC job, IMO.

I think Bearden has to go with someone on staff if there are no teaching positions available. If they can pull a JJ that would probably be a better hire than the on staff hire. JJ will have the ability to get kids to go to Bearden. If he can get the “right” kids, Bearden could see some drastic improvements in a year or 2 based on talent alone.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

This is coming from a West fan, and I'm not saying this because I'm nervous about the game this week, @madhatter2269 you mentioned Heritage, Cocke Co,Hardin Valley, and TN High but Central has averaged scoring 10-12 more points than the all of their opponents' defenses average giving up per game. Their game with us was a total outlier. To say they say they don't have a powerful offense is ridiculous, they're in the quarterfinals for a reason. It's not the worst that offense has looked since 2016 because statistically it's better in every way. Some of this seems like it has more to do with personal feelings rather than statistics or performance. @chsbobcat09

they’re in the quarterfinals because they beat a 3-7 TN high team and a 5-5 Daniel Boone team. Open your eyes lol. This is 10000% the worst offense since 2016. Ask anyone who’s watched their games over the years. If we needed a 4th down conversion or to drive the length of the field any of those teams, heck even the one in 2017 that made the semis could’ve done it. The stats are inflated bc of run ups scores on cocke co and heritage lol. That 17 team, let me also say, ran wildcat all year, and we still would have more faith bc of the guy who was calling the shots. If Bearden wants a extremely mediocre OC as their HC who runs plays for a pee wee team then have at it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

I think Bearden has to go with someone on staff if there are no teaching positions available. If they can pull a JJ that would probably be a better hire than the on staff hire. JJ will have the ability to get kids to go to Bearden. If he can get the “right” kids, Bearden could see some drastic improvements in a year or 2 based on talent alone.

Admin at school won't allow that to happen. If they're not basketball or AP students, Bearden don't want em! 

1 hour ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Central's offense scored 17 on Greeneville, which is the most the Greene Devil defense has allowed all year. Also, they scored 14 points against Knox West, 12 more than Bearden was able to score against them. If he came to Bearden and scored just 21ppg that would be a 1TD improvement each game and Bearden would've finished with 2 more wins.

Those 14 points came when they were down 49-0 with a running clock and back ups in. You don’t understand the logistics of football and that’s okay so let me explain it to you. Your simple mathematics of if he came there and averaged 21 a game this year doesn’t work because that would also apply pressure on the opposing teams to score more which would result in the same results. Have at simbeck. Please lol

10 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Josh only has about 3-4 years of high school coaching experience. The rest was with the grass cutter league over at John Tarleton. He was OC at CAK in 2018 and they were worse than bad.