Mr. Football 2021 - 3A

BCsportsfan

2 hours ago, FastEddieDavis said:

Jacob Dooley, Waverly: Dooley is 80-of-138 passing for 1,385 yards with 24 TDs and two interceptions. He also has 93 carries for 703 yards and 16 TDs.

Ranen Blackburn, White House: Blackburn has thrown for 890 yards and seven touchdowns to go along with 1,094 yards and 13 touchdowns on the ground.

Those aren’t right.  Ranen has over 1000 passing and rushing.  Not sure how many TDs

Mr. Football only includes Stats from the regular season. All votes were cast last Tuesday and it's a sealed blind vote. They will announce the semi-finalists on the 24th and the award will be presented on the 7th at the Titans Mr. Football luncheon. Other things taken into consideration were Academics,Character, and strength of competition.

If this award was stats based only, the nominees would look somewhat different. Case in point would be Powell QB in 5a and the Carter QB in 4a. Both of those dudes had ridiculous stats. And truthfully the Powell QB got robbed, he had better stats this year than last year when he was a semi-finalist.

Edited by OldandBusted

On 11/6/2021 at 6:43 PM, Swarm said:

I knew the Blackburn v Dooley debate was coming lol. I've also saw both in person. I'd give the nod to Dooley based on passing ability. He can spin that ball. Blackburn can throw as well but he's a much more dangerous running threat IMO.  Both are worthy of the nomination. Buckles will win it though. 

I have had the pleasure of seeing all three of the QBs you mentioned and I agree with you about Buckles winning it.

3 minutes ago, ChargerFootball said:

J Dowell had 7 carries for 152 yards and 2 TDs Friday :hungry:

Those are big time numbers no doubt and I think Dowell is a heck of a player. But your original statement was that missing the Millington and Dyer co games cost him 700 yds at lease. That’s 350 per game. 152 is no where near 350. Just don’t see how you are getting to the 700 number. 

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Those are big time numbers no doubt and I think Dowell is a heck of a player. But your original statement was that missing the Millington and Dyer co games cost him 700 yds at lease. That’s 350 per game. 152 is no where near 350. Just don’t see how you are getting to the 700 number. 

Against Bolton 7 carries 154 yards, 2 TDS.

Millington is understandable, that is out of their control, but Dyer County didn't want to play for a reason. That was evident in that 54-7 JV rout.  He easily gets 350 yards on 20 carries against both of those teams.

7 minutes ago, ChargerFootball said:

Against Bolton 7 carries 154 yards, 2 TDS.

Millington is understandable, that is out of their control, but Dyer County didn't want to play for a reason. That was evident in that 54-7 JV rout.  He easily gets 350 yards on 20 carries against both of those teams.

Serious question. How many times has he gotten 350 yds in a game this year?  Of the 9 games Covington has played??

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Serious question. How many times has he gotten 350 yds in a game this year?  Of the 9 games Covington has played??

He's recorded 200 yard ball park 4 times, 150 yard ball park 3 times.

Ill admit 350 yards/game may be have been a bit excessive but it was Friday and I was excited. :roflol: