LEWIS CO AT FORREST 2021. RD 2 PLAYOFFS.

GeneralForrest

If Forrest wins they host Round 3.

If Riverside wins they travel to Forrest or host Lewis County 

If Lewis County wins they travel to Riverside or host Summertown.

If Summertown wins they travel to Forrest or Lewis County. 

Semifinals will be at one of the above teams. 

*In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. If two teams from the same region meet in the third round, the team seeded higher in the region standings shall host.

14 hours ago, TRamrod38 said:

Lewis is in the top bracket so if Lewis wins and Riverside wins which they would be in the bottom bracket they would host only because they are in the same region and the higher seed will host in that case, so Summertown would have to travel to Lewis if they win and Lewis wins

This is correct, it's about the bracket position unless the 2 teams are in the same region.

1 minute ago, ddaddy said:

This is correct, it's about the bracket position unless the 2 teams are in the same region.

That is the dumbest thing ever.

So its odd year odd region for the region champ only? 

Typical TSSAA stupidity that makes zero sense. Equal seeds should go by the same rules, otherwise, why have the rule.

Forrest is R5 champ and will host R6 champ Riverside if it gets that far because, odd region odd year.

Yet if the 2 seeds from each region, Summertown and Lewis, both win, the game is at the R6 2 seed.

Why?

No reason. Some nonsense about "bracket position" that is completely asinine and in direct conflict with the odd region odd year rule that the 1 seeds go by.     

2 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

That is the dumbest thing ever.

So its odd year odd region for the region champ only? 

Typical TSSAA stupidity that makes zero sense. Equal seeds should go by the same rules, otherwise, why have the rule.

Forrest is R5 champ and will host R6 champ Riverside if it gets that far because, odd region odd year.

Yet if the 2 seeds from each region, Summertown and Lewis, both win, the game is at the R6 2 seed.

Why?

No reason. Some nonsense about "bracket position" that is completely asinine and in direct conflict with the odd region odd year rule that the 1 seeds go by.     

It's more of where you are in the bracket then if you are in an odd or even region. 

In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. If two teams from the same region meet in the third round, the team seeded higher in the region standings shall host.

12 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

It's more of where you are in the bracket then if you are in an odd or even region. 

In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. If two teams from the same region meet in the third round, the team seeded higher in the region standings shall host.

again. stupid.  completely illogical. and at odds with the 1 seed rule of odd region odd year why have a different rule for each set of seeds

4 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

again. stupid.  completely illogical. and at odds with the 1 seed rule of odd region odd year why have a different rule for each set of seeds

I don't like it. It's unnecessarily complicated and confusing but no one asked my opinion. I'm not even sure what I posted is accurate but it's an interpretation after reading it 5 times. 

8 minutes ago, Salem said:

I don't like it. It's unnecessarily complicated and confusing but no one asked my opinion. I'm not even sure what I posted is accurate but it's an interpretation after reading it 5 times. 

Summertown beats Lewis during the regular season, and has a  better record, and their reward if they and Lewis both win, is trip to Hohenwald