Round 2 - Ripley @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

So, Ripley defeated East and will travel to face Covington in Round 2. This is a rematch. Ripley visited Covington in September, and the Chargers took that one 30-20, but as I recall, Ripley looked pretty tough against us. 

The key question is going to be how each team has progressed since then. Covington suffered losses to Dyersburg and Haywood since we faced Ripley. And, as I recall, Dyersburg blew out Ripley in a late-season region 7-3A matchup. 

Both teams scored impressive wins against Region 8-3A opponents in round 1, but now we have another backyard brawl between two neighbors. What do y’all predict?

Edited by CHARGERFAN

12 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Another classic game! This one should be a dandy! I wish I could attend the game in person. I think the game will be pretty close throughout it's duration, but at the end I believe Covington will find a way to win. 

I miss 3A!  

Yeah, the last few years with y’all and Milan in our Region saw some great football. I saw where SGC advanced to meet Northside. Good luck to y’all.  

7 hours ago, TrojanLC said:

Covington will fare much better than their early season contest. We play Millington and hope to see y’all two weeks from now, BUT we’re taking one game at a time

Yeah, our thought in the playoffs is “Win or go home”. I hope my Chargers can get by Ripley, because that’s our last home game of the year. As I understand it, any games after that would be on the road. So, it’s our last chance for “home cooking”.

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Yeah, our thought in the playoffs is “Win or go home”. I hope my Chargers can get by Ripley, because that’s our last home game of the year. As I understand it, any games after that would be on the road. So, it’s our last chance for “home cooking”.

Not if Dyersburg loses to Millington which is not likely.

30 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

First meeting was surprising based on the final score. Much of this game will be based on injuries and Ripley has had more than their fair share of injuries this season. 

Hope Ripley is back healthy. Covington knows all about the injury bug in years past. Just last year we had to play with a third string QB that had never played the position before. Injuries are part of it. I do hope this is a injury free game! 

Go Chargers!