Round 2 #1 GreenEville Vs Fulton

DevilMan03

3 hours ago, wornoutwildcat said:

Those grades are right up Vanderbilt's alley. I've got a sophomore there now she had 4.56 gpa and a 35 ACT but for a decent slot receiver them numbers should get him a spot with the Black and Gold. He might go 3-8 for a few seasons but he can get some excellent schooling. Vandy ain't like normal college, but it is pretty nice once you adjust. 

That 4.56 is out of this world. Your not going to take the pie classes Batman took and make those grades ! The 35 is near perfect but after watching that process with my kids and their friends,I understand how  that can be achieved but it is still a great accomplishment as well.

7 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

That 4.56 is out of this world. Your not going to take the pie classes Batman took and make those grades ! The 35 is near perfect but after watching that process with my kids and their friends,I understand how  that can be achieved but it is still a great accomplishment as well.

MERCY

10 hours ago, ETN423 said:

MERCY

This was at Tullahoma. She was 6th place in her class 2020 for GPA. They have lots of Honors and AP classes and dual enrollment with Motlow State. The valedictorian took summer AP classes at Stanford for $5000 to get the highest GPA. We have a offensive lineman that is a National Merit Scholar semi-finalist. She likes Vandy but the dining is better at Belmont. 

4 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'd take that score every week  but the margin doesn't really matter as long as the Devils are on the winning end of it.

Unfortunately, we don’t have much of a shot this year to compete with Greeneville. I hate it for our kids as they play their hearts out on weekly basis. I am afraid there just isn’t enough gas left in the tank. We will show up and play and give it our best effort. Let’s just see what happens after 48!

2 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Unfortunately, we don’t have much of a shot this year to compete with Greeneville. I hate it for our kids as they play their hearts out on weekly basis. I am afraid there just isn’t enough gas left in the tank. We will show up and play and give it our best effort. Let’s just see what happens after 48!

I believe Fulton will play hard! Teams do wear out after 11 or 12 games. The Devils are fortunate for their starters to have played only about 1/2 the minutes this year. Which also means that a lot of backups who are very athletic have gotten great game experience against other teams ones.

a lot of respect for Fulton! You were doing the dance before us and as a rule with a few exceptions High School sports are a cycle.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I believe Fulton will play hard! Teams do wear out after 11 or 12 games. The Devils are fortunate for their starters to have played only about 1/2 the minutes this year. Which also means that a lot of backups who are very athletic have gotten great game experience against other teams ones.

a lot of respect for Fulton! You were doing the dance before us and as a rule with a few exceptions High School sports are a cycle.

Very true,you never know how long the window of opportunity will be open. It worked out perfectly for the Devils and Elizabethton over the last few years.I hope we get to enjoy another championship this year but I never figure it as a guaranteed deal.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Very true,you never know how long the window of opportunity will be open. It worked out perfectly for the Devils and Elizabethton over the last few years.I hope we get to enjoy another championship this year but I never figure it as a guaranteed deal.

Correct! One can be highly favored, but nothing is guaranteed in the game with the strange ball that bounces funny.

You know you have a pretty good team when the thread is on page two with a couple of days until kickoff for  the second round game .Bottom line is there's not a lot to say and folks expect the Devils to win and that's evident . I'm glad we have a staff and players that are well grounded to keep this thread  from blowing up because the Devils come in flat this  Friday and get ambushed.