Chattanooga area - top teams for 2021-2022?

FootballFan51

34 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

In case you didn’t notice I was answering someone’s question that though Beardon was in Chattanooga. Lol

I understand I was directing it at pioneer but for some reason directed it to your response.  I agree Alcoa and beardon are great teams but not in our area.  Beardon is the favorite in the east from great recruiting and use their guards really good.  Actually 2 point guards who aren’t very tall but excellent basketball ball players.  Everybody wants height but those 2 are very good.  Some should see that height doesn’t matter but basketball IQ and skill do. 

26 minutes ago, Nobodysomebody said:

I understand I was directing it at pioneer but for some reason directed it to your response.  I agree Alcoa and beardon are great teams but not in our area.  Beardon is the favorite in the east from great recruiting and use their guards really good.  Actually 2 point guards who aren’t very tall but excellent basketball ball players.  Everybody wants height but those 2 are very good.  Some should see that height doesn’t matter but basketball IQ and skill do. 

I agree 100% Look at the PG for Meigs the last few years Jacelyn Stone probably 5.4 but controlled the game with a great basketball IQ and skills now starting and playing great at the next level. McMinn central has some of those type of players this year as well.

2 hours ago, Nobodysomebody said:

Just seen where Bradley went 3 for 3 at the free throw line against EH at EH.  Come on refs really.  No wonder it was a lot closer game then it should’ve been 

That’s hard to believe in a high school game and conceding that they beat them 80-30 first time.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Indian said:

Just below the state line, it’s crazy LFO didn’t win a game last year now undefeated. Beat Méigs handily in their tournament final.

The best team I’ve seen this year, and that includes Bradley. Speed, ball handling girls that can shoot it from anywhere on the floor. I would say they hit 15 threes last night and most from NBA range.

52 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

The best team I’ve seen this year, and that includes Bradley. Speed, ball handling girls that can shoot it from anywhere on the floor. I would say they hit 15 threes last night and most from NBA range.

I was there last night and couldn't believe my eyes. LFO girls are the best Girls team to participate in the Best of Preps (and I've been attending a long time).

Tennessee better be glad they are on the other side of the border because those young ladies are talented and tough.

I was really impressed by their endurance and depth!!

33 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

I was there last night and couldn't believe my eyes. LFO girls are the best Girls team to participate in the Best of Preps (and I've been attending a long time).

Tennessee better be glad they are on the other side of the border because those young ladies are talented and tough.

I was really impressed by their endurance and depth!!

They were very good last night. The only thing they have messing is size, they would struggle against teams like Bearden that have size and that are just as athletic. But definitely the best team in the Chattanooga area, but I did see where they only beat a not very good Boyd Buchanan team by 10.

The Meigs team that won it a couple years ago that had 6 college players on it and a couple Baylor and East Hamilton teams that’s played in BOP would give them a run for their money.

8 hours ago, Indian said:

Just below the state line, it’s crazy LFO didn’t win a game last year now undefeated. Beat Méigs handily in their tournament final.

They have several transfers. The Simmons sisters from Lookout Valley are great ball handlers & shooters. The younger one has a high ceiling. Not sure where the other girls came from. 

2 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

They have several transfers. The Simmons sisters from Lookout Valley are great ball handlers & shooters. The younger one has a high ceiling. Not sure where the other girls came from. 

I guess that explains why the paper said they didn’t win a game in 2020

On 12/16/2021 at 3:23 PM, Dadof2 said:

Bradley is the top dog 

McMinn Central and Cleveland is a toss up.

Meigs played really bad against Whitwell and Polk and lost but played really good against Tellico and McMinn Co and won. There young and inconsistent they should get better as the season goes. They are in the BOP in a couple weeks.

McMinn County has talent but they don’t play good team ball. It looks like me ball.

Tellico has a good team but I question the coaching some they had advantages against Meigs but didn’t capitalize on them.

Baylor don’t know much about them.

Silverdale don’t know much about them.

Whitwell has one really good player.

Polk is a average team with a pretty good PG but they will probably win their district because it’s really down this year.

Walker Valley lost to Ooltewah so I guess you would have to put them in front of WV.

How I'd rate them post-Christmas break:  1) Bradley still EASILY the top dog.  2) Cleveland - especially if they're healthy.  3) McMinn Central - post play may kill them starting with substate (depending on who they play).  4) McMinn Co. - definitely improving under Coach Tucker!  5-10) I don't know much about the rest of the teams except for Meigs so I'd pick Meigs 5th - though coaching decisions kills them at times.