Chattanooga area - top teams for 2021-2022?

FootballFan51

It’s too early for me to put together a top 10 for Chattanooga area girls teams (in TN of course). Here are a few (many of who would have been in last year’s final top 10) but you all please help me out. 

Bradley Central - despite graduating 4 pretty good seniors & a transfer to Louisiana (and a 6’2” post to a knee injury) they will be really good again. A senior & a top back up from last year just signed with Carson Newman. 2 All-State caliber junior starters returning. I don’t think there is a close second in the area. 

Meigs County - graduated a really good senior group from last year, but always strong & well coached. Any ideals on how they will do? 

Baylor - graduated the best player in Chattanooga last year to the ACC & some good role players. Some really good returning players. May be 2nd best team in the area this year. They play Bradley early, so will be interesting game.

Cleveland - lost 6 seniors last year from last years teams, including a few playing in college. Lots of talent, but young. Well coached. Maybe #3 in the area this year by end of season? 

Whitwell - well coached & good talent. Coaches daughter will be playing somewhere in college if she wants to. 

McMinn Central - always well coached & take basketball very seriously. Good group of returning players. Are they better than Meigs Co this year?

Silverdale - lost 5 seniors, including 3 playing at next level.     Will have to get good production from a decent group of returning players & also from a number of freshman & sophomores?

Signal Mountain - graduated 2 really good seniors. One at TN Tech. What do they have back? 

Brainerd  - some good talent. How should they be?

Tyner - also some talent. How should they be? 

Tell me who I am missing & what you may know more about these teams.  Thanks! 

Edited by FootballFan51

11 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

It’s too early for me to put together a top 10 for Chattanooga area girls teams (in TN of course). Here are a few (many of who would have been in last year’s final top 10) but you all please help me out. 

Bradley Central - despite graduating 4 pretty good seniors & a transfer to Louisiana (and a 6’2” post to a knee injury) they will be really good again. A senior & a top back up from last year just signed with Carson Newman. 2 All-State caliber junior starters returning. I don’t think there is a close second in the area. 

Meigs County - graduated a really good senior group from last year, but always strong & well coached. Any ideals on how they will do? 

Baylor - graduated the best player in Chattanooga last year to the ACC & some good role players. Some really good returning players. May be 2nd best team in the area this year. They play Bradley early, so will be interesting game.

Cleveland - lost 6 seniors last year from last years teams, including a few playing in college. Lots of talent, but young. Well coached. Maybe #3 in the area this year by end of season? 

Whitwell - well coached & good talent. Coaches daughter will be playing somewhere in college if she wants to. 

McMinn Central - always well coached & take basketball very seriously. Good group of returning players. Are they better than Meigs Co this year?

Silverdale - lost 5 seniors, including 3 playing at next level.     Will have to get good production from a decent group of returning players & also from a number of freshman & sophomores?

Signal Mountain - graduated 2 really good seniors. One at TN Tech. What do they have back? 

Brainerd  - some good talent. How should they be?

Tyner - also some talent. How should they be? 

Tell me who I am missing & what you may know more about these teams.  Thanks! 

McMinn Central will probably have the best team in the Chattanooga area. Meigs will take a step back after losing some good players the last couple years. Bradley will be pretty good but not what they have been in the past.

10 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

McMinn Central will probably have the best team in the Chattanooga area. Meigs will take a step back after losing some good players the last couple years. Bradley will be pretty good but not what they have been in the past.

Good input. Thanks! I think I saw where McMinn Central plays Bradley this year, so would be some good games to go to. 

On 11/15/2021 at 10:01 AM, Dadof2 said:

I haven't seen Central play yet this year, but they'll definitely be one of the best teams in this area if they have some solid post play with depth at that position.  Their guards and wings are experienced and very good.  And they have some great freshman who will see some playing time.       Meigs is in a rebuilding year for sure, but they have some pretty good young talent that should improve as the season goes along.  Not too sure of the new coach just yet.

Meigs is definitely in a rebuilding year, they’ve lost some good players the last couple years. If you think about it they’ve played 8 players the last four years. The have two seniors that haven’t played a full varsity game combined, they have two juniors one played a few minutes here a there, they have several sophomores and a few freshman, but at this point they are all way behind where they should be. They have a lot of work to do on just fundamentals. So the jury is out on good young talent. The new coach has her work cut out for her.

Edited by Dadof2

Here is the article on the Bradley v McMinn Central game Monday night. Sounds like Bradley was up by 20 midway in the 2nd quarter & the closest it was after that was 12 points at halftime. There is a rematch in Etowah later in the season. 
https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/preps/story/2021/nov/22/bearettes-cruise-past-mcminn-central/558413/

Bradley is definitely number 1.  Won't be touched.  

Cleveland is number 2 in the area from what I have seen in the paper.

McMinn Central is number 3 after they got destroyed by Bradley.  

McMinn County is better Meigs, Baylor, and Rhea.

Tellico is a really solid ball club.

Walker Valley hasn't really played anyone to be able to tell where they sit, but 5-0 is a good start.

Baylor

Silverdale

Polk

Meigs

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dadof23 said:

Bradley is definitely number 1.  Won't be touched.  

Cleveland is number 2 in the area from what I have seen in the paper.

McMinn Central is number 3 after they got destroyed by Bradley.  

McMinn County is better Meigs, Baylor, and Rhea.

Tellico is a really solid ball club.

Walker Valley hasn't really played anyone to be able to tell where they sit, but 5-0 is a good start.

Baylor

Silverdale

Polk

Meigs

I think that’s a fair assessment. I think 2 through 6 could beat each other on any given night.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

Here is the article on the Bradley v McMinn Central game Monday night. Sounds like Bradley was up by 20 midway in the 2nd quarter & the closest it was after that was 12 points at halftime. There is a rematch in Etowah later in the season. 
https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/preps/story/2021/nov/22/bearettes-cruise-past-mcminn-central/558413/

Remember what I said earlier in this thread..... "I haven't seen Central play yet this year, but they'll definitely be one of the best teams in this area if they have some solid post play with depth at that position."  In my opinion, from watching them last season and knowing what they had coming back this season, I felt that would be their weakest link on an otherwise pretty good team.  I knew Bradley would have the size and skill to control the boards, plus the talent and depth to neutralize Masingale - meaning that McMinn Central would have to shoot lights out from outside to stay relatively close.  On the return game in Etowah, the Chargerettes do seem to play better in the Round House in big ghames, but I still don't think they can beat Bradley. 

• Upvote 1