G-P at Hancock County

KevB1990

What would you say if I told you that Rocky only scored three points and Hancock still won?

He did and they did. They'll get better down the stretch, but G-P is a really young team and I thought HC would beat them pretty bad especially 'Over Home'.

If Edwards isn't there for them, it would be a longggggg season for the G-P Highlanders.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 12-5-02 8:08P]

It looks like they're still adjusting to the switch between Tony Seal's system and Charles Johnson's...as far as the other stuff, you probably should direct that to swish1, Campbelle or someone else nearer to the program.

Posted by rolltideroll:

How does Hancock's new coach seem to be fitting into the job? Does he have the kids attention and respect- or does it seem like a short term deal?

What do the majority of you that have seen them play feel is the problem. Is there a problem? I havent seen Hancock this year so I couldnt say myself. Do the kids respond to Coach Johnson, do they respect him? Are the kids playing there best, is the coach making the right calls. Maybe they haven't gotten a good feel for his style. Only time will tell what kind of team Hancock has. I hope Hancock does well, but I will always question whether they made the right coaching decision. Coach Johnson prove me wrong, and good luck.

Wow! That is quite a turnaround...C-N is supposed to be really stout...I guess the 'Tex Hex' was in effect.

In Johnson's defense on the lack of scoring from Rocky, G-P did play Box and 1 on him all night and he got in foul trouble. To make sure that he was healthy, I asked the score keeper so I wouldn't leave feeling like I thought he wasn't playing at full strength.

I noticed that he seems frustrated...even in the Rutledge game when he played fairly well, but seemed to miss shots that he's normally automatic on. Plus, he doesn't have someone else to take the heat off of him inside. Lyons is a nice player, but he's not Mike Matthews.

How'd Brad do in the C-N game? I remember he had a goose egg in the first match-up. And what's with him shaving the dome? I can't imagine Brad Seal with no hair.

P.S. You're still the best shooter that ever came out of Sneedville bro! Like I said when we were in school...'The Surgeon.'

Posted by OMAN:

Hey Kev, I skipped the game and went to the LMU-Carson - Newman game . I know this doesn't sound right but LMU killed them . LMU won by 31, they (LMU) lost two weeks ago at C-N by 20 or more. A fifty point turnaround, amazing what two weeks of screaming can do.I wish something like that would happen at Hancock. It's extremely hard for me to watch Hancock run an offense that doesn't focus on getting the ball to one of the best scoring post players in east Tennessee. He can and has been able to be not only a good scorer but also a dominating force in the paint. I would like to hear why he's not getting the ball where he needs to get it. Hancock may become the brunt of many jokes if not for a change in direction. Kevin, I have always been bad loser and that, I guess, will never change. Playing hard, playing smart and playing defense = WINS. I'm just not seeing it. Love ya,mean it. Now I fill better.

Kev, Coach Campbelle told me that LMU shot 70%(fg) or better in the second half and better than 60% for the game. Coach Clayton looked like he'd stepped in front of a buzz saw. Concerning Brad, He has been battling a virus and a foot problem. I've also been told that the love bug may have entered his system for the first time (Brad, nip it in the bud and you'll be better off). He had 5 3's in a game last weekend but they lost in O.T. Not much more to report.

Anything but the love bug...we've been concerned with Singleton and the love bug.

(If Daniel happens to read this: Buddy, the girls can wait...there'll be plenty when you step on a college campus.)

You almost have to feel sorry for Coach Clayton...almost.

Posted by OMAN:

Kev, Coach Campbelle told me that LMU shot 70%(fg) or better in the second half and better than 60% for the game. Coach Clayton looked like he'd stepped in front of a buzz saw. Concerning Brad, He has been battling a virus and a foot problem. I've also been told that the love bug may have entered his system for the first time (Brad, nip it in the bud and you'll be better off). He had 5 3's in a game last weekend but they lost in O.T. Not much more to report.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 12-6-02 9:20A]

I played basketball at Hancock County High School, and I have never seen "street ball" win championships. Coach Seal worried about getting one player to college, like Mike Matthews, and letting "hometown boys", like Brad Seal, down. Brad Seal has shown me that he was a LOT better than Mike Matthews.

Coach Johnson seems to have this "street ball" down as his style too. Yes, he has won and will win a few games, but I don't think that will get them through the State Championship.

God bless if our "so experienced" Assistant Coach has to fill in the head coaching position, he looks at the player's family, not at their abilities. ;)