Heritage hires former UT Coach Joe Osovet

This is my thoughts on the new hire. He wanted the job and is willing to work with a program that is just flat at the bottom of the lake and has been for most of the past 33 years. Will he be here a year from now I don't know but the guy is the most qualified coach of all the coaches that have been hired in the whole state of Tennessee this year period. I think that scares a lot of people that don't realize in order to pull this program off the bottom your going to have to get out of your comfort zone. I look at this hire as a God Send or this program could eventually come to a complete shut down. Look at both Alcoa and William Blount how great both of these programs are to have the two men they chose. This guy has been to the major leagues and the knowledge he has will be great for the coaches under him. If he wasn't your choice as a coach it don't matter, very few even applied so I say get behind this man and help support the team in any way possible and try and end this 33 year nightmare.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This is my thoughts on the new hire. He wanted the job and is willing to work with a program that is just flat at the bottom of the lake and has been for most of the past 33 years. Will he be here a year from now I don't know but the guy is the most qualified coach of all the coaches that have been hired in the whole state of Tennessee this year period. I think that scares a lot of people that don't realize in order to pull this program off the bottom your going to have to get out of your comfort zone. I look at this hire as a God Send or this program could eventually come to a complete shut down. Look at both Alcoa and William Blount how great both of these programs are to have the two men they chose. This guy has been to the major leagues and the knowledge he has will be great for the coaches under him. If he wasn't your choice as a coach it don't matter, very few even applied so I say get behind this man and help support the team in any way possible and try and end this 33 year nightmare.

For reasons unknown to all but a few people involved in the decision, this is the direction Heritage has decided to go. At this point the new coach needs everyone's support. Regardless of which team(s) in Blount County you are a fan of, I think most would agree the HS football community in the county would be stronger with a healthy program at Heritage. Let's hope this decision heads the program in that direction. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, camppack said:

For reasons unknown to all but a few people involved in the decision, this is the direction Heritage has decided to go. At this point the new coach needs everyone's support. Regardless of which team(s) in Blount County you are a fan of, I think most would agree the HS football community in the county would be stronger with a healthy program at Heritage. Let's hope this decision heads the program in that direction. 

Do you think it's possible that he was the best choice? He has a good reputation in the college ranks. I, and many others are surprised that he is available for Heritage to hire. Let's see how it works out. 

47 minutes ago, HTV said:

Just curious what will happen when the NCAA gets around to hearing UT's case and the assistants don't get a show cause penalty.  That's what's keeping many of the Pruitt assistants from getting other college jobs.  

wondering that as well. from what I've seen, there are other assistants from that staff that have taken on high school jobs currently until this case with Pruitt and UT 'blows over' 

sure hoping for the best out at heritage.

also, Hammontree is currently at Heritage as the strength and conditioning coach for all athletes, but word is that he isn't retiring from coaching, if offered a position elsewhere, he'd consider it. 

Edited by ftbllfan23

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Just curious what will happen when the NCAA gets around to hearing UT's case and the assistants don't get a show cause penalty.  That's what's keeping many of the Pruitt assistants from getting other college jobs.  

This will be worth watching. He did a lot of  Jr College recruiting at UT which is an area where you could easily see "McDonald's bags of cash" changing hands. 

9 minutes ago, camppack said:

This will be worth watching. He did a lot of  Jr College recruiting at UT which is an area where you could easily see "McDonald's bags of cash" changing hands. 

just saw his contract and salary with UT just ended Jan 31, 2022.

wonder if he'll be named in the case with UT/Pruitt. i say that because so many on twitter have jumped to immediately saying ''this coach does it right'' and they ''will miss him on the recruiting trail''

if you're such a big offensive mind and wanted by so many schools, why did UCF recently turn him  down, why are other colleges not jumping at the bit? including other area high schools? possibly they know something we don't? maybe there are accusations directly against him? 

i hope someone has done their due diligence and this doesn't backfire --- especially for the players sake.

19 minutes ago, ftbllfan23 said:

just saw his contract and salary with UT just ended Jan 31, 2022.

wonder if he'll be named in the case with UT/Pruitt. i say that because so many on twitter have jumped to immediately saying ''this coach does it right'' and they ''will miss him on the recruiting trail''

if you're such a big offensive mind and wanted by so many schools, why did UCF recently turn him  down, why are other colleges not jumping at the bit? including other area high schools? possibly they know something we don't? maybe there are accusations directly against him? 

i hope someone has done their due diligence and this doesn't backfire --- especially for the players sake.

There are so many red flags that should have been raised about this hire that you have to hope that there was lots of due diligence done before this decision was made. It might go well and I certainly hope it does but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't put my money on it.

22 minutes ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Rumor is they offered him a 6 figure salary to take the job. Guess the AD/County Commissioner called in some favors and “found” some money laying around. Or maybe the mayor gave him a contract to build another field house. 

That's probably the most absurd thing I've ever read on CoachT! 

• Upvote 1