Heritage hires former UT Coach Joe Osovet

10 hours ago, CoachOz said:

Fellas awesome website and I love the passion! Nothing like football in the South.  I like the the guy who is going to hook us up if I'm a Heritage in 18 months or if we win 3 games. I screen shot that and will save it. Seriously I love the banter, great site it's all fun!  Hopefully get to meet some of you guys at a game!

Best Coach Oz

PS. We SOLD 4 spots already!

Go Mountaineer's

I would hate to be the person proud of moving the spots for those that need to be closer to the stadium (handicap). that's a dang shame.

and while you're here, maybe we should address a few things:

it's mountaineers.

's shows possession, it's not plural form.

by now, you're probably starting to realize a few things being out at HHS. just like a lot of us have said, you can put a pretty bow on things, you can change a helmet, get new uniforms, clean up the press box, bring back the booster club and so forth, but that doesn't change the actual root of the problems out there. as you've mentioned before, you're just coaching football, it's not the label that matters, but, Coach, high school football is definitely not college. 

many of us are cheering for this school and these boys, many of us want them to win, be in the best situation they can be in. however, according to many of your interviews, you've been told quite a few things that you're hanging on to as the issues at heritage. might be worth it to you to reach out to some faculty, coaches, and others who have specifically left this school. I urge you to look beyond the gossip and the good ol' boys. 

so here's what we'll do. we'll screenshot your post as well. in fact, we can revisit this specifically once you've had a chance to actually step on the field. 

Edited by ftbllfan23
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ftbllfan23 said:

I would hate to be the person proud of moving the spots for those that need to be closer to the stadium (handicap). that's a dang shame.

and while you're here, maybe we should address a few things:

it's mountaineers.

's shows possession, it's not plural form.

by now, you're probably starting to realize a few things being out at HHS. just like a lot of us have said, you can put a pretty bow on things, you can change a helmet, get new uniforms, clean up the press box, bring back the booster club and so forth, but that doesn't change the actual root of the problems out there. as you've mentioned before, you're just coaching football, it's not the label that matters, but, Coach, high school football is definitely not college. 

many of us are cheering for this school and these boys, many of us want them to win, be in the best situation they can be in. however, according to many of your interviews, you've been told quite a few things that you're hanging on to as the issues at heritage. might be worth it to you to reach out to some faculty, coaches, and others who have specifically left this school. I urge you to look beyond the gossip and the good ol' boys. 

so here's what we'll do. we'll screenshot your post as well. in fact, we can revisit this specifically once you've had a chance to actually step on the field. 

I remember walking around the campus as they were building Heritage High School watching the footers being poured. I was also at the very first Heritage Football game in 1977 against McMinn County when they beat McMinn County in overtime 28-27 and the following week they beat Knox Central 39-7. Everyone was excited from the county just knowing they were going to beat Maryville the following week at Maryville in one of the biggest crowds there ever were around here to see a football game. It turned out a 14-0 win for Maryville in a one sided defensive ballgame. Maryville failed to score a couple of times but I don't think Heritage even crossed the fifty yard line that night. That Heritage team was 7-3 in their first year. I've seen every Heritage team play at least one or two ballgames since the very beginning in 1977 and know a couple of players from most of everyone of those teams. I've seen everything and heard even more in the 45 year existence of that football program. Who's fault and who was to blame for it getting this way would take a month to tell on here. All I know is the last 33 years has been totally awful and why I was excited to see Heritage go this direction. I may eat crow here but I've seen enough failure out there they had no choice like it or not or eventually watch this program fold. If this program ever does start winning again I can promise one thing for sure the fans will come out of the woodwork because I've seen it before.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I remember walking around the campus as they were building Heritage High School watching the footers being poured. I was also at the very first Heritage Football game in 1977 against McMinn County when they beat McMinn County in overtime 28-27 and the following week they beat Knox Central 39-7. Everyone was excited from the county just knowing they were going to beat Maryville the following week at Maryville in one of the biggest crowds there ever were around here to see a football game. It turned out a 14-0 win for Maryville in a one sided defensive ballgame. Maryville failed to score a couple of times but I don't think Heritage even crossed the fifty yard line that night. That Heritage team was 7-3 in their first year. I've seen every Heritage team play at least one or two ballgames since the very beginning in 1977 and know a couple of players from most of everyone of those teams. I've seen everything and heard even more in the 45 year existence of that football program. Who's fault and who was to blame for it getting this way would take a month to tell on here. All I know is the last 33 years has been totally awful and why I was excited to see Heritage go this direction. I may eat crow here but I've seen enough failure out there they had no choice like it or not or eventually watch this program fold. If this program ever does start winning again I can promise one thing for sure the fans will come out of the woodwork because I've seen it before.

i though heritage played first game in 79 ???  i dont remember playing heritage in 77!!!

1 hour ago, Jetjock said:

i though heritage played first game in 79 ???  i dont remember playing heritage in 77!!!

It was at Maryville, David Reed scored both the touchdowns. Maryville had 300 yards offense and Heritage didn't crack 100 yards. There were these two mean boy's on the top row for Maryville that had a big cardboard sign that a casket was shipped in from Millers Funeral Home that was opened up with a birdie finger painted on it that said Ha Ha Ha Heritage Get the Point that was raised up every time Maryville got a first down , touchdown or stopped Heritage on any drive. The following Monday the sports editor wrote up a big story that said Maryville may have won the game but Heritage won the sportsmanship award over that big sign. if anyone was at that game they couldn't forget that.

Edited by BarneySox2007

33 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It was at Maryville, David Reed scored both the touchdowns. Maryville had 300 yards offense and Heritage didn't crack 100 yards. There were these two mean boy's on the top row for Maryville that had a big cardboard sign that a casket was shipped in from Millers Funeral Home that was opened up with a birdie finger painted on it that said Ha Ha Ha Heritage Get the Point that was raised up every time Maryville got a first down , touchdown or stopped Heritage on any drive. The following Monday the sports editor wrote up a big story that said Maryville may have won the game but Heritage won the sportsmanship award over that big sign. if anyone was at that game they couldn't forget that.

oh ok !!  guess my memory is fading ?!?!  now where did i park my ???:huh:

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I understand what you're saying, however, the here and now is the focus. there is too much of the good ol' boy system still current which is tying the hands of many. problem is that it isn't just at the school itself, it's above it as well. one coach cannot dismantle that. the environment is toxic. and you know just as well as I do, this coach/staff coming in was fed lies and promises just like many others.

if it turns around, good. if I'm wrong, good. because this team and those students matter and should be able to thrive in a setting that benefits all. but if it doesn't, well then it's not going to be a surprise to any of us. 

1 hour ago, ftbllfan23 said:

I understand what you're saying, however, the here and now is the focus. there is too much of the good ol' boy system still current which is tying the hands of many. problem is that it isn't just at the school itself, it's above it as well. one coach cannot dismantle that. the environment is toxic. and you know just as well as I do, this coach/staff coming in was fed lies and promises just like many others.

if it turns around, good. if I'm wrong, good. because this team and those students matter and should be able to thrive in a setting that benefits all. but if it doesn't, well then it's not going to be a surprise to any of us. 

I totally understand that. Starts at the top where you have a retired fireman running the county government. The county reminds me how Russia is ran where all the other positions around that beached looking whale are afraid to man up and tell him he is a joke and I'll be danged if he isn't running again. The stupid sheep of Blount County will run back out there and put his big fat tail right back in there then turn around and get on social media and complain about the schools and the traffic. 

• Like 1

looks like those parking spots are just flying off the market at HHS. so much so they had to sweeten the deal with season tickets and a football program, but wait...

THERE'S MORE!

you only get 2 season tickets per space, if you need 4, well then you'll have to pay 600 for your parking spot. :shock:

On 4/6/2022 at 10:34 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

1977 MHS  1977 (12-2) State Runner up

MHS 20 Kingston 2
MHS 28 Holston 2
MHS 14 Heritage 0
MHS 20 Alcoa 6
MHS 14 Rule 13
MHS 28 Crossville 0
MHS 35 Church Hill 6
MHS 21 Loudon 0
MHS 7 Powell 10
MHS 37 Harriman 0
MHS 42 Tazewell 0
MHS 28 Rogersville 10
MHS 7 Rockwood 0
MHS 6 Milan 20

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this guy was bringing in a quality staff from all over the country and I see on TSSAA they are having to advertise for an offensive line coach and to beat all you don't have to go through the Head coach but the new "O" coordinator. Don't see all the excitement in this staff that was promised.

13 minutes ago, rebeldevil said:

I thought this guy was bringing in a quality staff from all over the country and I see on TSSAA they are having to advertise for an offensive line coach and to beat all you don't have to go through the Head coach but the new "O" coordinator. Don't see all the excitement in this staff that was promised.

You mean hiring 3 middle school coaches from the struggling county middle schools isn’t hiring the best staff in the state?