Tennessee Girls Pound-for-Pound Rankings

TNUSAWrestling

Thanks for the feedback! I believe the (very) informal ground rules we set for ranking those competing for out-of-state schools was that they can stay in TN rankings for one year after a move, but then get moved out.  Lots of different possible ways one could go for handling such cases. I believe this is Avery's second season at Wyoming Seminary? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Why should we rank kids in the P4P rankings for the state of Tennessee that don't compete in Tennessee? No offense to Cooper who was in the boys P4P or Avery who are both very very accomplished but they made the decision to move to Sem and Blair which are out of state schools obviously but neither of these two kids compete in Tennessee so I think we should focus on the ones that do when compiling rankings. But that's just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, HCWCCoachV said:

Why should we rank kids in the P4P rankings for the state of Tennessee that don't compete in Tennessee? No offense to Cooper who was in the boys P4P or Avery who are both very very accomplished but they made the decision to move to Sem and Blair which are out of state schools obviously but neither of these two kids compete in Tennessee so I think we should focus on the ones that do when compiling rankings. But that's just my opinion. 

Yes, focus on those that actually wrestle in TN. If you want to rank a P4P for TN wrestling with freestyle/greco that should include them, but a P4P here should be those who wrestle for and actually IN TN for their TN programs and a TN state title. I do not blame them for taking better opportunities, however they do not wrestle in TN, even if USA wrestling counts them as such, they don't wrestle for a TN state title.  

• Upvote 2