Can anyone explain TSSAA’s logic?

Rockytopmojo7

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I have tried to explain this to the guy, but he  cannot separate the facts from his feelings.

That's why I'm out...after explaining to someone who doesn't know how something actually works, you get "yeah, but", then you just have to give up...especially with three or four people trying to explain, and "yeah, but".

"My" team played for the regional championship against a team nine miles from our campus...we drove over 60 miles and they drove over 70 to play. Nobody thought it was the smartest thing ever, but most folks knew beforehand how it works. Nobody griped.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

You don’t get it at all.  It’s not easy as just changing a venue.

If everyone in the same district wins in the first round of regions then they can change it to a new venue like region 1 A did this year at Daniel Boone. (Has to be agreed with all teams still left).  If someone wins in the other district it does not change because everyone has agreed a year prior  

You don’t get it. I never said it needed to be changed this year. I asked for a logical explanation as to why they didn’t allow it. Also, changing a location is simple, because they due it if all four teams from same district win the first round OR if both teams from same district are in the finals. Why can’t use the same logic in region semis? That is what I want to know! Logic seems to exist in the other rounds. If it takes a year to fix it, then fix it. More money will be made and it’s definitely better for kids.

34 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That's why I'm out...after explaining to someone who doesn't know how something actually works, you get "yeah, but", then you just have to give up...especially with three or four people trying to explain, and "yeah, but".

"My" team played for the regional championship against a team nine miles from our campus...we drove over 60 miles and they drove over 70 to play. Nobody thought it was the smartest thing ever, but most folks knew beforehand how it works. Nobody griped.

I never griped. I asked for an explanation. I also never said “yeah, but”. I also never asked to be attacked. My question is valid. Why? Why can they move locations if all teams from the same district win in the first round OR if both teams are in the finals??? Why is the semis so different?

I get it. They meet a year before and decide things. I never demanded it be changed this year. Honestly, what you are not answering is the WHY behind their decision. You have yet to proved reasoning.

1 minute ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

You don’t get it. I never said it needed to be changed this year. I asked for a logical explanation as to why they didn’t allow it. Also, changing a location is simple, because they due it if all four teams from same district win the first round OR if both teams from same district are in the finals. Why can’t use the same logic in region semis? That is what I want to know! Logic seems to exist in the other rounds. If it takes a year to fix it, then fix it. More money will be made and it’s definitely better for kids.

Who didn't allow what?  The TSSAA doesn't give a crap if the region decides to change the location of the region tournament after the first round if one district wins all first round games as long as the venue holds a minimum amount of people per classifications.  All remaining teams ALL have to agree to change the venue also.  

If you're pissed off that all of one district didn't win all first round games and you have 3 teams from one district and 1 team form the other then why the heck would they change  it when it was agreed a year in advance and each district hosts every other year.

2 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I have tried to explain this to the guy, but he  cannot separate the facts from his feelings.

I asked for an explanation. Telling me someone made a decision a year ago isn’t explaining the logic behind the decision. Try again. This time communicate like two adults having a civil conversation. 

2 minutes ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

I asked for an explanation. Telling me someone made a decision a year ago isn’t explaining the logic behind the decision. Try again. This time communicate like two adults having a civil conversation. 

They can move it and it has been explained multiple times that All remaining schools have to agree and nothing to do with the TSSAA other than Venue Size. 

It happened in 1a for region 1.  They were suppose to play at Walter State but ended up playing it at Daniel Boone because all remaining district 1 teams agreed to play there (NG at first didn't agree to move it to a Carter County School since 3 out of the 4 teams left were from Carter County) but would agree to Daniel Boone since its right up 81 for them.

Edited by Swipes

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

Who didn't allow what?  The TSSAA doesn't give a crap if the region decides to change the location of the region tournament after the first round if one district wins all first round games as long as the venue holds a minimum amount of people per classifications.  All remaining teams ALL have to agree to change the venue also.  

If you're pissed off that all of one district didn't win all first round games and you have 3 teams from one district and 1 team form the other then why the heck would they change  it when it was agreed a year in advance and each district hosts every other year.

I’m not pissed. I asked for an explanation. They allow venue changes if all teams from same district win first round OR if both teams from same district meet in finals. Why can’t this happen in the semis if both teams playing are from same district? What was the rationale? The hosting school and TSSAA could profit way more by allowing these situations to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

I’m not pissed. I asked for an explanation. They allow venue changes if all teams from same district win first round OR if both teams from same district meet in finals. Why can’t this happen in the semis if both teams playing are from same district? What was the rationale? The hosting school and TSSAA could profit way more by allowing these situations to happen. 

Once again Who said this can't happen?  You need to talk to your Ad's and Coaches like stated before because they will have whatever answer you are looking for.  Are you wanting it to be were the higher seed gets to play at home if all semi-final teams are from the same district?  There are some regions that are like this.  It all goes back to what every Ad and Coaches decided not the TSSAA since each region can pick or choice how they run it as long as the venue size meets TSSAA requirements 

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

They can move it and it has been explained multiple times that All remaining schools have to agree and nothing to do with the TSSAA other than Venue Size. 

It happened in 1a for region 1.  They were suppose to play at Walter State but ended up playing it at Daniel Boone because all remaining district 1 teams agreed to play there (NG at first didn't agree to move it to a Carter County School since 3 out of the 4 teams left were from Carter County) but would agree to Daniel Boone since its right up 81 for them.

Maybe Region 4 will get their act together then and provide more flexibility in the future. Glad region 1 has it figured out. 

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Once again Who said this can't happen?  You need to talk to your Ad's and Coaches like stated before because they will have whatever answer you are looking for.  Are you wanting it to be were the higher seed gets to play at home if all semi-final teams are from the same district?  There are some regions that are like this.  It all goes back to what every Ad and Coaches decided not the TSSAA since each region can pick or choice how they run it as long as the venue size meets TSSAA requirements 

No, I’m not wanting higher seeds to play at home. A neutral floor would be great! I have spoken with ADs, coaches, parents, etc.  It was presented to be a TSSAA thing. Apparently not. I know for a fact that both McMinn and WV both wanted to play locally. I honestly believe this was an over site by the members. Maybe the all of the members of region 4 will come up with solutions for the future as it really is better for kids to get to play in front of their fans? 

Lots of pieces to this situation.  Region sites are submitted in advance to the TSSAA for approval.  Some are denied. They are supposed to be a "central" location but with the new classification, there are going to be some issues.  If the traveling district wins all 4 first round games in either boys or girls tournament, then the semi-finals and finals will move back to the traveling districts home area. I don't believe they will move the finals only.  That is in the control of the TSSAA.  Most districts have it in the by-laws, if the tourney is moved to move to the district tourney champions gym.  But, I can assure you it should have been discussed in advance.  These people who run these tournaments are actually pretty smart and invested.  Just because people don't know the specific details and you don't understand, doesn't make them stupid.  Just look at all of the people in the stands complaining about " three seconds, over the back, that's a foul, play my kid coach, shoot it, etc., etc.  

12 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

I never griped. I asked for an explanation. I also never said “yeah, but”. I also never asked to be attacked. My question is valid. Why? Why can they move locations if all teams from the same district win in the first round OR if both teams are in the finals??? Why is the semis so different?

I get it. They meet a year before and decide things. I never demanded it be changed this year. Honestly, what you are not answering is the WHY behind their decision. You have yet to proved reasoning.

Nobody attacked you, they (and myself) simply answered your question by explaining the process, the timeline, and the people responsible for the final decision. The "yeah, but" comment didn't mean you said the words, it meant that even though you had been given a thorough explanation, you still wouldn't accept the process and decision. Even in this post you come out with five statements, then back to the same question as the very first post.