Red Boiling Springs Girls coach arrested for Meth

ReignofPurple

20 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Never say never. Westmoreland is an afterthought in Sumner and no one in any power that school system cares about basketball much less girls basketball. Good luck in Murfreesboro. 

E J Perry would NEVER EVER EVER go to a Macon county school!  He is the best girls coach that Westmoreland has had since the legendary Bobby Hopkins.  The only one that could ever even get CLOSE!  

2 hours ago, Old50 said:

E J Perry would NEVER EVER EVER go to a Macon county school!  He is the best girls coach that Westmoreland has had since the legendary Bobby Hopkins.  The only one that could ever even get CLOSE!  

I did not know he was a hometown boy until yesterday, now I wonder if I am related to him. Westmoreland is a much worse job than Macon. Sumner Co. School system doesn’t support Basketball at all and Macon produces better talent. Coaches need talent to win, playing defense and hold the ball 4 corners can only take you so far and making a comeback late in games is practically impossible. 

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

I did not know he was a hometown boy until yesterday, now I wonder if I am related to him. Westmoreland is a much worse job than Macon. Sumner Co. School system doesn’t support Basketball at all and Macon produces better talent. Coaches need talent to win, playing defense and hold the ball 4 corners can only take you so far and making a comeback late in games is practically impossible. 

Well with only 2 high schools in the county the selection of players should be better.  Macon is a “hot seat” right now.  Some good athletes have come from there but I don’t there’s a great abundance of them.  Not so sure about the “better talent”.  More support for athletics? Maybe.  Better talent.  Not so much..

31 minutes ago, Old50 said:

Well with only 2 high schools in the county the selection of players should be better.  Macon is a “hot seat” right now.  Some good athletes have come from there but I don’t there’s a great abundance of them.  Not so sure about the “better talent”.  More support for athletics? Maybe.  Better talent.  Not so much..

In Girls Basketball I would take the all time Macon County (2 schools) team vs the all time Sumner County (8 schools) team any day of the week. 

3 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

In Girls Basketball I would take the all time Macon County (2 schools) team vs the all time Sumner County (8 schools) team any day of the week. 

I’m not just talking Girl’s basketball.  My comment was on “ better talent”.  Overall Sumner County has produced better talent just due to the numbers.  I know Macon has had some very good girls teams over last several years but that generally goes back to specific families of athletes.  Only athlete that was no doubt better than most Sumner county athletes was Nera White and she was a once in a lifetime athlete.  

2 hours ago, Old50 said:

I’m not just talking Girl’s basketball.  My comment was on “ better talent”.  Overall Sumner County has produced better talent just due to the numbers.  I know Macon has had some very good girls teams over last several years but that generally goes back to specific families of athletes.  Only athlete that was no doubt better than most Sumner county athletes was Nera White and she was a once in a lifetime athlete.  

I was specifically referring to girls basketball. Macon has historically produced much better girls players.