thekeg55

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest southofmobile

missedit

i understand that you could be a little blind to how the calls tonight were one-sided. but if you step back and look at the game from a non-biased standpoint, all of the calls were going LA's way. i know you think that im just some angry fan from cookeville and that we always make excuses, and i know that it is easy to blame the refs for a loss, but i have seen alot of games in my lifetime and without a doubt the officiating tonight was the worst i have ever seen.

hey I have a great idea just get registered and become and offical you guys talk so bad about those guys help get them better and join. But wait if you do that you can't blame it on the refs and you guys would have to come up with something else. Maybe you guys should just start today crying about Friday night who ever you play will win because they will out ref you.

I have always wondered how Livingston was so good in basketball, they have every official in the state of Tennessee pulling for them. Thanks to everyone on this site that has settled that issue, I am going to encourage everyone not to schedule Livingston because there is no way we can win when there is bad officiating.

You people are ridiculous, no game in the history of basketball has been lost strictly because of officiating. Referees are human and the last time I checked we all make mistakes, the players make mistakes as well so lay off the officials. Do you actually think that the officials gointo the game thinking that they are going to give a game to one team or the other. From what I saw in the girls game last night Cookeville was ahead most of the game so I don't think the refs were helping too much.

It's a shame that people complain about everything. Congratulations to both teams on a well played game. That is what basketball is all about, two teams playing hard and having fun. The basketball game was great to watch, regardless of the officiating.

[Edited by eagleleader1 on 12-4-02 4:17P]

Guest missedit

Kind of funny that I heard from an "inside" person of the CHS basketball team that the game was called very even. Matter of fact, LA had 2 more fouls than CHS did. Why would any ref care which team won? They aren't in the refing business to help a team out, they are in it because they enjoy doing it. If you think you could do any better then I'm sure the doors would be open to you. Bring your whistle on Friday, Southofmobile.

Guest eaglemgr

eagleleader1 i would have to agree with you on the following:

You people are ridiculous, no game in the history of basketball has been lost strictly because of officiating. Referees are human and the last time I checked we all make mistakes, the players make mistakes as well so lay off the officials. Do you actually think that the officials gointo the game thinking that they are going to give a game to one team or the other. From what I saw in the girls game last night Cookeville was ahead most of the game so I don't think the refs were helping too much.

In the girls game i know of one call that went cookeville's way. The ball was lose and both teams was going for it but neither team had possession of it and Coach Odom called a time out and the refs gave it to her when neither team had the ball. You can not do that you have to have possession of the ball before you can call a time out. Therefore, that call did not go Livingston way, it went Cookeville way.