Stratford Spartans?

WildWolf6

Stratford is dealing with one of the worst timings of resignations .  A week before dead period is rough. Any names of who might be interested in this job? Would a good metro assistant take this job right now? Cane Ride , PC, EN, HB have any assistants that deserve a shot?

38 minutes ago, WildWolf6 said:

Stratford is dealing with one of the worst timings of resignations .  A week before dead period is rough. Any names of who might be interested in this job? Would a good metro assistant take this job right now? Cane Ride , PC, EN, HB have any assistants that deserve a shot?

Your normally full of Knowledge wolf. Who did you take will be a good fit? The school is getting smaller with Casey still getting torn down. I think it would take someone from that side of town to give it that extra breath they need like EN did even though it’s in better shape. 

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Your normally full of Knowledge wolf. Who did you take will be a good fit? The school is getting smaller with Casey still getting torn down. I think it would take someone from that side of town to give it that extra breath they need like EN did even though it’s in better shape. 

You speak of Stratford getting smaller and I have noticed that Whites Creek now has less than 600 students.  How long will MNPS allow these schools that are dropping below an enrollment of 1000 students to remain open?  Regardless of the reasons, dropping enrollment numbers in many of the MNPS is just another reason that MNPS needs to be overhauled.  What is John “KING JOHN” Cooper doing to help MNPS?  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Usually I hear some things but I haven't heard anything. Who is the next wave of coaches? I don't think a PC or EN or CR top assistants will take it especially with all 3 programs set to have big years.

21 hours ago, cbg said:

You speak of Stratford getting smaller and I have noticed that Whites Creek now has less than 600 students.  How long will MNPS allow these schools that are dropping below an enrollment of 1000 students to remain open?  Regardless of the reasons, dropping enrollment numbers in many of the MNPS is just another reason that MNPS needs to be overhauled.  What is John “KING JOHN” Cooper doing to help MNPS?  

1.Projects being tore down and numbers reduced.

2.Charter Schools especially in east Nashville

3. High rent kids moving to the outskirts of Davidson county 

4. Kids moving out of county

5.Privates

6. I’m county kids going to out of county schools.

And the list could go on. I agree with you 100%

Stratford football hires Preston Scott as coach

By Cecil Joyce, Nashville Tennessean, 6 hrs ago

The Tennessean

Follow

Former Hunters Lane football coach Preston Scott has been named the new coach at Stratford. 

“I want to thank the administration team at Stratford High School for selecting me as the head coach,” Scott said in a school release Tuesday. “I know Stratford High School has a rich tradition, and I find it an honor and a privilege to lead this program. There is great support there, and I know that we are going to be successful in getting this program to great heights.” 

Scott was most recently an assistant at Stewarts Creek and he was coach at Hunters Lane in 2019-20, going 6-13 overall (including 3-6 in a COVID-19 season of 2020).

3 hours ago, EastNasty said:

Heard he left Hunters Lane because the principal wouldn’t let him hire who he wanted to hire. This might be a good hire. Stratford always have tough kids #EastSideBabys

East Nashville gets a lot of the kids that used to play at Stratford back in the day.  It’s not the same Stratford from the years of Richard Campbell and William Johnson.