Who will be the most improved team this year in Sumner county ?

runninblind

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

Blackman is loaded!!  They are very explosive and play fast, Gallatin will have a tough time keeping up with them.  On the other side, Blackman better be a lot better on defense or they will get ran over.  Gallatin’s ground game is no joke.  It will be a very interesting game for both teams.  

I think it will for sure be interesting .From what I have seen Blackman is very much improved on defense. It will be easier to tell what they have in a week or so when they play first real  preseason game. As someone mentioned the secondary for Gallatin is suspect and if teams have a good passing game, it might be a track meet and a matter of who can get a stop. Either way I am looking forward to hosting the Greenwave. and look forward to an exciting season. 

Edited by Blaze45
incomplete
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, MrFootball71 said:

Agree with most of this especially Gallatin dominating. They will pound Hendersonville and Beech. Look for them to go 9-1 maybe 10-0 in the regular season. Only questions are Mount Juliet and Lebanon. 

Only questions??  Blackman, Beech, Hendersonville… it’s a tough schedule.  If they go 9-1 or 10-0, they will have earned it no doubt but at this point that is speculation at best.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Only questions??  Blackman, Beech, Hendersonville… it’s a tough schedule.  If they go 9-1 or 10-0, they will have earned it no doubt but at this point that is speculation at best.  

I think we all wanna be 9-1 / 10-0  at the moment.... we get a game or two under our belts it becomes easier to see what we have. Unfortunately everyone looks like world beaters in 7V7

8 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I think it will for sure be interesting .From what I have seen Blackman is very much improved on defense. It will be easier to tell what they have in a week or so when they play first real  preseason game. As someone mentioned the secondary for Gallatin is suspect and if teams have a good passing game, it might be a track meet and a matter of who can get a stop. Either way I am looking forward to hosting the Greenwave. and look forward to an exciting season. 

How could anyone at this point say anything is suspect?  They haven’t even stepped on the field with a starting lineup.  Blackman, however, with all those receivers is gonna be at an advantage with about everyone they play against.  They play a tough system to have to defend for 48 mins.  Getting pressure from the guys up front may be the key to throwing them off.  Blackman is going to score but can you keep up with them is the thing.  

2 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I think we all wanna be 9-1 / 10-0  at the moment.... we get a game or two under our belts it becomes easier to see what we have. Unfortunately everyone looks like world beaters in 7V7

I guess they will find out this week about the 7v7 even though Gallatin will be a ground and pound team.  

Just now, GWAVE1 said:

I guess they will find out this week about the 7v7 even though Gallatin will be a ground and pound team.  

Greenwave will be solid.... whoever plays them has to have a solid linebacking core and has to keep the ball in front of them . I hope they have a great season as well..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cam615 said:

Had the chance to see a few of these teams in the spring. Gallatin was the most surprising, improved from last year, it will be interesting to see how they do. Portland utilizes its weapons well, hville will be better towards the back half of the season going into the playoffs. 

Starting backfield was on the sidelines for that contest as well.  Several of the starters were sidelined in fact.  But we will see…

Gallatin has not lived up to expectations here the last 2 years. People seem to be high on them going into preseason. Seems reasonable considering they always have the talent pool to compete and every few years or so they seem to have that breakout year. It very well could be this year. I don’t see MJ winning 4 years in a row lol

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Gallatin has not lived up to expectations here the last 2 years. People seem to be high on them going into preseason. Seems reasonable considering they always have the talent pool to compete and every few years or so they seem to have that breakout year. It very well could be this year. I don’t see MJ winning 4 years in a row lol

Opening up the season with MJ and Blackman back to back will be the test for Gallatin. Previous years they’ve had plenty of talent but always seem to shutdown after a bad loss. Last year it was SC and the year before it was MJ. Interested to see how they respond with two of the years biggest tests to start out the season. 

5 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

A lot of returning talent on this squad.  Last year they were really young.  New offense to get used to and they improved a lot throughout the year.  Got to find a few key pieces on defense.  But you never know.  

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

A lot of returning talent on this squad.  Last year they were really young.  New offense to get used to and they improved a lot throughout the year.  Got to find a few key pieces on defense.  But you never know.  

Should make for some very exciting games.