Fayetteville (city) at Watertown

biggest

6 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Hopefully he’ll figure it out! I was impressed with his toughness running the ball though.

Very tough kid. Always has been since his community league days in Watertown. Great kid as well. Maybe first game jitters I shouldn’t be so harsh. Most of my comments last night was on emotion. Should have just waited. The kid can improve. 

1 minute ago, JasonMyers said:

Very tough kid. Always has been since his community league days in Watertown. Great kid as well. Maybe first game jitters I shouldn’t be so harsh. Most of my comments last night was on emotion. Should have just waited. The kid can improve. 

Understandable.

Just going on what I was told because I was at another game.   Seems like Hackett had his defense ready to play. Int,forced fumbles and a safety. Can’t really ask for more. Offense will be the issue all year. And I agree #44 Clemmons needs to go back to the OL and DL. Kid has been a lineman his whole life and they move him his senior year to LB and running back, wing ect

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

Plus buck sweep but go ahead and enlighten everyone on what you would do differently. 

I honestly dont know if H20 has the pieces to run anything else . With your expierence do they have enough on offense to keep teams from stacking the box. I am assuming the change in offense came from not having the personel to run the spread . I dont think H20 will face a team this year  with the athletes like they did last night but they will face a few teams that is better up front.

11 minutes ago, Katdaddy said:

I honestly dont know if H20 has the pieces to run anything else . With your expierence do they have enough on offense to keep teams from stacking the box. I am assuming the change in offense came from not having the personel to run the spread . I dont think H20 will face a team this year  with the athletes like they did last night but they will face a few teams that is better up front.

I don't think they will either, but if you have been reading on here that East Rob team is the high school equivalent of the Cowboy teams that won those super bowls in the 90s. 

Edited by kingofthenorth

6 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

I don't think they will either, but if you have been reading on here that East Rob team is the high school equivalent of the Cowboy teams that won those super bowls in the 90s. 

I think Watertown will win the region unless East Robertson’s offense and Westmoreland’s defense show up to play the Purple Tigers in Cross Plains. 

5 hours ago, Katdaddy said:

That's what true coaches do , Develop your players . if you can't do that  then  that's a problem. it all comes with the territory 

Edited by ReallyREAL
misspelling

Ok! I'm coming in to say a couple things about  our qb! Had a chance to watch some of the game from last night.   Did he short arm a couple throws? Yes. But he's a first year qb that didn't practice in the spring! One fumble he kinda got spun around and popped pretty good (that happens). One int our wr got crossed up which imo should been called a PI which crowded the area.  That defense was very good across the board.  The last int if thrown just a little higher over lb it's complete (we had a wing/te fall down at the line or that lb probably isn't there).  He missed on a read (kinda looked like he wanted to  pull it but rb took it)when  he should of kept it (maybe scores)& he instantly realized it.  That  comes with  experience...  some teams are just better than you I believe Watertown will be ok & kk will be fine at qb

Edited by biggest
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, biggest said:

Ok! I'm coming in to say a couple things about  our qb! Had a chance to watch some of the game from last night.   Did he short arm a couple throws? Yes. But he's a first year qb that didn't practice in the spring! One fumble he kinda got spun around and popped pretty good (that happens). One int our wr got crossed up which imo should been called a PI which crowded the area.  That defense was very good across the board.  The last int if thrown just a little higher over lb it's complete (we had a wing/te fall down at the line or that lb probably isn't there).  He missed on a read when  he should of kept it (maybe scores)& he instantly realized it.  That  comes with  experience...  some teams are just better than you I believe Watertown will be ok & kk will be fine at qb

Agreed. His ceiling is very high if he can just get the little things down. I still see us as the region favorites