Fayetteville (city) at Watertown

biggest

3 minutes ago, MC4FHS said:

No one on Tiger Hill is claiming anything about 4A or 6A.  

We’re fielding our 10th varsity team ever - all as 1A - and every Tiger from Coach Johnson down knows we have much to learn and develop.

Nor am I… just stating that I City has players who would thrive at any classification and I don’t think  H2O does right now.

PS: I’m sure LC would love to have some of those kids y’all have!

Edited by H2Oman

You’re probably right.

It’s noteworthy that from 1994-2011, when FHS opened, LCHS football HAD every high school player in the community.  

During those 18 seasons, LCHS was 9-20 in playoff games and made the 3rd round once, according to the TSSAA website.

I certainly concur that FHS is blessed with outstanding students, and many of them are very talented!

Win or lose, I think several folks are planning to drive to Watertown tomorrow afternoon.  

Never been there - got any recommendations for dinner?

3 minutes ago, MC4FHS said:

You’re probably right.

It’s noteworthy that from 1994-2011, when FHS opened, LCHS football HAD every high school player in the community.  

During those 18 seasons, LCHS was 9-20 in playoff games and made the 3rd round once, according to the TSSAA website.

I certainly concur that FHS is blessed with outstanding students, and many of them are very talented!

Win or lose, I think several folks are planning to drive to Watertown tomorrow afternoon.  

Never been there - got any recommendations for dinner?

We have 2 really great Mexican restaurants and the Depot Junction here in town. All three are really good.

Note: The state fair starts tonight in Lebanon, so be mindful of that traffic if your gps sends you that way.

53 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Lincoln County was a powerhouse 3A team ( highest classification there was) back in the day. 

If the school (City) wouldn’t of been built less than a mile down the road and could’ve  kept the players that transferred. They would be a contender in their 6A region year in year out.

Maybe not a powerhouse, but they would be a lot better than they are now.

City is a Great team who has and had several players who would be stars at a 6A program!

That may be the case but they aren’t comparable to a 6a team. I mean you want to talk about starters that could start at a 6a school any championship team would have those 

34 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

We have 2 really great Mexican restaurants and the Depot Junction here in town. All three are really good.

Note: The state fair starts tonight in Lebanon, so be mindful of that traffic if your gps sends you that way.

Thanks for the culinary and traffic tips!