Cornersville @ Richland

dawgswin

11 minutes ago, Doc931 said:

whewww son talking about an upset! I didn't even think this one would happen. Looks like they already missing the ole Randolph man. You mean the kid thats better than Thominson #9 from city..the "Mr.Football" guy couldn't take over and win the game? Could be a long year for the French Bulldawgs with that Hazel Green man steering the ship 

They wouldn’t have even scored without him. They ran a 10 minute drive to start the second half he got the ball 10 times in a row, after that drive everyone was GASSED!!   

Conditioning was the difference. Franklin  was a beast early on. I think he ran it once or twice in the 4th and I heard the comment from a guy beside me “ he’s done “.. and he was. Not a knock on the kid at all but someone didn’t have them prepared physically . 6 plays in a row late in the game Corn had players helped off for cramps or injuries.. That’s gotta be on the coaching staff.. And you can’t fix it In a week .,  

13 minutes ago, utpoolman said:

Conditioning was the difference. Franklin  was a beast early on. I think he ran it once or twice in the 4th and I heard the comment from a guy beside me “ he’s done “.. and he was. Not a knock on the kid at all but someone didn’t have them prepared physically . 6 plays in a row late in the game Corn had players helped off for cramps or injuries.. That’s gotta be on the coaching staff.. And you can’t fix it In a week .,  

Could not agree more

It's good to see that after a few years of aberration, Cornersville has returned to their rightful place as the Vanderbilt of Marshall Co. 

See folks, when the natural order of things is restored, the sun shines brighter, the birds sing louder, The other various critters enjoy their day more, and the air has a crisper, more clean scent.  

Thanks "Dawgs"

1 hour ago, Rocketboy21 said:

Well son let daddy teach you a few things. The lower the competition means the easier it is to execute. (Pretty obvious). Also the team that’s in better shape will usually win also

Thank you for the prognosis there Dr. Obvious, how about you tell me something that I did not know.  It's all good, it is the first game of the season.  And I'm certainly not your son!  The last I checked, the better you execute, doesn't matter is the competition is lower or higher, the better you have at being successful.  Any "practice" against other teams always helps.  But you have a great day! 

48 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

It's good to see that after a few years of aberration, Cornersville has returned to their rightful place as the Vanderbilt of Marshall Co. 

See folks, when the natural order of things is restored, the sun shines brighter, the birds sing louder, The other various critters enjoy their day more, and the air has a crisper, more clean scent.  

Thanks "Dawgs"

Wow, already in mid-season ####hole mode before even playing a single game. Nice! I'm sure the Cornersville folk would love for you to get back to them whenever your Rockets make it to the state championship, or even to the semifinals for that matter. 

Hopefully coach can get them right. There is only one way to go and that is up! I don’t care how sore they are they should be running sprints until the game next Friday. I don’t think play calling was much of a issue last night or the defense but they was out of shape BAD. 

4 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

Hopefully coach can get them right. There is only one way to go and that is up! I don’t care how sore they are they should be running sprints until the game next Friday. I don’t think play calling was much of a issue last night or the defense but they was out of shape BAD. 

If there isn’t vast improvement as the season goes this should be a one and done hire.