LA vs Thompson

theawesomebro

30 minutes ago, TTate said:

Not really..a couple maybe if you count Hank and the new safety…but to compare LA to McCallie, Baylor, IMG, etc is not an accurate comparison….most if not all of LAs “national” kids over the last few years have been families that moved to Nashville and chose Lipscomb…not moved to Nashville because of Lipscomb.  It doesn’t matter either way but those are the facts.

i'm not sure what you mean by "not really." it is a fact that the school has lots of people that were not there when we enrolled our first kid 7 years ago.  i'm not making an assertion about why they came.  I know some moved here to play at LA but you are right lots were already coming.  I don't care why they came, I think our community is better off for it, however they got here.  

either way, I did not take offense at his statement about being "national."

4 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

i'm not sure what you mean by "not really." it is a fact that the school has lots of people that were not there when we enrolled our first kid 7 years ago.  i'm not making an assertion about why they came.  I know some moved here to play at LA but you are right lots were already coming.  I don't care why they came, I think our community is better off for it, however they got here.  

either way, I did not take offense at his statement about being "national."

I would also add that most all of the names you have heard have been or were in the program for 3 years or more.  They also toured and evaluated other private schools.  As mentioned, many parents are moving here for work or away from COVID crazies and have to pick somewhere.  There are no dorms like the chatty privates.  There has only been one player with "stars" move in.  All others have worked beyond where they imagined they could be and are becoming the best version of themselves.  These kids are being coached up and trained up holistically.  It's not like Walter Nolen is moving in, like he did for Powell, as the number 2 player in the country.    With fully approved open enrollment rules, schools like Maryville and Oakland will continue to recruit and scoop up the best talent free of charge.  You might say they have an unfair advantage as private schools go through a formal clearinghouse to approve any amount of financial aid.

42 minutes ago, Navy21412 said:

People move here from all over and somehow it's always the private schools that get accused of stuff.  Chris Parsons moved to Ravenwood from Texas....one of the kids competing for the BHS starting QB job moved here from Ann Arbor, MI.  The good QB from Page last year moved here from New Mexico or somewhere like that?  The one whose brother is the Michigan QB....seems like private schools benefitting no more than anyone else on Nashville being a popular place to live.  Nothing wrong with any of the above, glad they are all here in Middle TN.

I think Parsons moved to Texas from here and moved back…could be wrong.  Regardless, Nashville is nationally recognized  as a fast growing city.  I can’t fathom 10-20 families uprooting themselves just to play football @ LA.  I’m trying to imagine how that conversation goes with my friends and family that I am selling everything and moving to Nashville, and putting my families future on my teenager’s athletic ability…

all great points for sure.  I have a friend who moved their whole family to texas so their son could play QB at allen high school.  I think he had a lot of injuries and it didn't pan out but I think they love it there.  

I agree about the big public schools having the actual advantage.  thompson's facilities way outclass LA and it's free.  go figure.

On 8/30/2022 at 5:00 AM, theawesomebro said:

I want to know who the media person was who voted CAK number 1 in D2AA over LA in the latest AP poll!  top 25 in the country but not number 1 in the division in your state.  

..Booger pickins probably is probably takin that CAK #1 pickin and given it to them church of christers Boogerself....but it aint cause theawesomebros mustangs are a threat to the national title.....after you get outta that top 10 or 15, those other 15 or 10 or just fill in the blanks with sumthin from anywhere

.....themawesomebro have any ID bout how many HS programs are in this country and how many of them programs aint on that national poll that gonna knock them mustangs outta that national poll on any given friday night....

.....Booger nose theawesomebro is a all in mustanger right now.....and rightfully so....mustangs real good.....

.....but as a rookie CoachT'er with less than 365 days under theawesomebro belt.....broisawesome cant be poundin that national poll stuff like they are really a top 25 ranker...aint gotta nuff coacht street cred for it to past muster

...jumpin on a winnin bandwagon and bein a new believer is a fun thing....but settle down the natty rankins worthiness

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Booger said:

..Booger pickins probably is probably takin that CAK #1 pickin and given it to them church of christers Boogerself....but it aint cause theawesomebros mustangs are a threat to the national title.....after you get outta that top 10 or 15, those other 15 or 10 or just fill in the blanks with sumthin from anywhere

.....themawesomebro have any ID bout how many HS programs are in this country and how many of them programs aint on that national poll that gonna knock them mustangs outta that national poll on any given friday night....

.....Booger nose theawesomebro is a all in mustanger right now.....and rightfully so....mustangs real good.....

.....but as a rookie CoachT'er with less than 365 days under theawesomebro belt.....broisawesome cant be poundin that national poll stuff like they are really a top 25 ranker...aint gotta nuff coacht street cred for it to past muster

...jumpin on a winnin bandwagon and bein a new believer is a fun thing....but settle down the natty rankins worthiness

Booger just sayin :thumb:

I gotcha.  I have no opinion on whether they belong in the top 25 or not because I dont know much about the national scene.  but they are there for now.  I do have an opinion about where they stand in the state, particularly in D2AA and it ain't behind CAK.  

new to coach T isn't new to HSFB or the mustangs.  i've been around high school football in TN since 87 and at LA for 7 years.

bro just sayin  : )