Forrest @ Cornersville

dawgswin

On 8/27/2022 at 1:31 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Franklin 10 carries 129 yards. The long one was 85 yards.
So other than 1 play, 9 carries 44 yards. MR FOOTBALL!! 

Waddell cited a player who needed more touches: Riley Qualls, so I'm not sure he knows he has a "Mr. Football"  

I'm sure the Forrest coaches went into the game thinking they had to stop Franklin. I'm also sure they didn't expect the Cornersville OC to help them. Mr. Franklin is as good as advertised. Forrest has a solid defense and was keying on #33 and he still averaged 13 yards a touch. A big back like that gets stronger as the game wears on and 150lb defensive players get tired of hitting 240 late in a game. 10 touches is coaching malpractice unless there's a good reason we do not know. The QB had 12 carries and 9 passes and that got them 16 total yards.  #2 averaged 12 yard per touch. He got 3 touches. 

3 hours ago, Rocketboy21 said:

I think he is. It definitely starts with him no doubt. Week one he ran the hall almost every play. Not sure why he didn’t run it this week. Saving him I guess. 33 and 2 are probably their go to guys or offense. There’s not much of a passing game there as you could tell. 

You're right. There's nothing to save him for. If CHS wins this game it's the highlight of the season for the town. Job security for the coach. That game means more than any region or playoff game. This team is playing Eagleville and Wayne Co for the 3 or 4 or even 5 spot in region and a 1st round mercy rule on the road against Dresden or McKenzie at best. They may face running clocks against Fayetteville, Clay County, and possibly Moore County. 5 wins is the ceiling for this team after Friday's loss. 

On 8/27/2022 at 7:00 AM, GeneralForrest said:

You are an absolute clown.  You posted this 45 min after the game was over.  

In his defense he may have posted it live and it took 45 minutes to get a signal. The TV broadcast was lagging way behind with  just audio at times. 

On 8/27/2022 at 10:29 AM, GeneralForrest said:

RECAP:

Workmanlike, mostly easy victory for Forrest.

This Rocket team has been compared to the 2016 team. In time it might be compared to the 2019 team. Last night for a few series, it looked like they might be the 2017 team, which was characterized by jumping in front of opponents then collapsing late; 

Last year Cornersville won the game with a stifling defense and a conservative ball control offense.. This year we flipped the script and CHS only had 33 offensive plays (we ran 31 last year). If this team had McClendon and Burchell healthy a 2019 comparison is possible. Without them 2015 or 2016 is more likely provided the injured main players we have gutting it out can stay on the field all season.  We definitely had offensive regression when they scored and the pressure built. It took great individual plays from #6, #5, #1, and #22 to get back control of the game. 

On 8/27/2022 at 10:30 AM, GeneralForrest said:

Last thing, 9th grader Eli Bell is phenomenal. 

In the most Forrest post ever, you're praising a kid as phenomenal who has 4 carries through 2 games. The kid has three TDs in his first two games as a freshman. He has speed, vision and is a highlight in the open field and we have him setting the edge on defense taking on pulling guards and H backs. In #9's absence,  he is the most explosive player on the team. He's 140 pounds and we're running him up the middle against 10 man boxes and playing him on the defensive line. No effort to get him the ball in space or line him out wide and stretch the defense.  What other team does stuff like this?

4 hours ago, Salem said:

I'm sure the Forrest coaches went into the game thinking they had to stop Franklin. I'm also sure they didn't expect the Cornersville OC to help them. Mr. Franklin is as good as advertised. Forrest has a solid defense and was keying on #33 and he still averaged 13 yards a touch. A big back like that gets stronger as the game wears on and 150lb defensive players get tired of hitting 240 late in a game. 10 touches is coaching malpractice unless there's a good reason we do not know. The QB had 12 carries and 9 passes and that got them 16 total yards.  #2 averaged 12 yard per touch. He got 3 touches. 

You're right. There's nothing to save him for. If CHS wins this game it's the highlight of the season for the town. Job security for the coach. That game means more than any region or playoff game. This team is playing Eagleville and Wayne Co for the 3 or 4 or even 5 spot in region and a 1st round mercy rule on the road against Dresden or McKenzie at best. They may face running clocks against Fayetteville, Clay County, and possibly Moore County. 5 wins is the ceiling for this team after Friday's loss. 

In his defense he may have posted it live and it took 45 minutes to get a signal. The TV broadcast was lagging way behind with  just audio at times. 

Last year Cornersville won the game with a stifling defense and a conservative ball control offense.. This year we flipped the script and CHS only had 33 offensive plays (we ran 31 last year). If this team had McClendon and Burchell healthy a 2019 comparison is possible. Without them 2015 or 2016 is more likely provided the injured main players we have gutting it out can stay on the field all season.  We definitely had offensive regression when they scored and the pressure built. It took great individual plays from #6, #5, #1, and #22 to get back control of the game. 

In the most Forrest post ever, you're praising a kid as phenomenal who has 4 carries through 2 games. The kid has three TDs in his first two games as a freshman. He has speed, vision and is a highlight in the open field and we have him setting the edge on defense taking on pulling guards and H backs. In #9's absence,  he is the most explosive player on the team. He's 140 pounds and we're running him up the middle against 10 man boxes and playing him on the defensive line. No effort to get him the ball in space or line him out wide and stretch the defense.  What other team does stuff like this?

Couldn’t agree more with you!! I mean you hand both of your work horses the ball 12 times total the whole game. Heck Forrest radio announcers was comparing Franklin to Donta Hightower. I don’t think he is that caliber of player but if someone is comparing you to him , you need the ball more than 10 times. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, GeneralForrest said:

I listened to the radio broadcast.  2 rednecks with fuzzy reception debating if holding is "10 yards from the spot of the foul."

The coach, Waddell. Unimpressive. Acted like his kids were ever in the game.  Talked like they were just a hair short. Franklin ran an 85 yard Td and got the ball exactly NINE other times the entire game. Assuming 50 plays (it's usually more but due to the lack of passing the entire game only lasted 2 hours...I'll be conservative), then Mr Football got the ball exactly 20% of Cornersville's plays, in which he was their only scorer. Pretty mind boggling.

I think Waddell knew he was losing this game. He wants Franklin to be good for the actual region games, and basically conceded this game to Forrest, maybe even before opening kickoff 

Dang!

13 hours ago, DawgRadio said:

Dang!

General is an equal opportunity offender.

On 8/28/2022 at 5:25 PM, GeneralForrest said:

every single time he touches the ball something insane happens. i didnt see him in middle school but he must've been all world. 

Him and Hill have very good chemistry and completed a lot of passes.  There were 5 guys on that MS team who were highlights every time they touched it. It's a talented group.