Elizabethton @ Greeneville- The Rivalry Continues!

CaliLB

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

When Davey puts that jacket on we all know it's trouble for Greeneville. Let's just put it this way, if he wears the Jacket Greeneville knows there in a dog fight. But noons something you have not noticed, me either, yet if he takes the jacket of at any point in the a game against Greeneville that's when Neil Diamond sings sweet caroline. We will get to see that this year,... finally.

Mav, does he wear it every game, in the heat or just the big games?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, noonesfool said:

We are!

To answer your question from the other thread, Yes from what I've been told,the Greeneville home side was changed years ago.My first game in Burley Stadium was with one of Greeneville's greatest teams.We lost one game in four straight championship years. No,not my Greene Devils but the Peewee Cardinals,ha. We beat a team from Cleveland Tn 42-14 ,I think was the score.I do remember everything before the old track was takin out and the building built in front of the gym .That gym was where my classmate Floyd Gillispie went around the great Derrick Hord and done a monster two hand slam.TH was loaded and Derrick was the best player in the state,a little bit more then the Devil's could handle in the end ,if I remember correctly.

Edited by BatmanDB

7 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

To answer your question from the other thread, Yes from what I've been told,the Greeneville home side was changed years ago.My first game in Burley Stadium was with one of Greeneville's greatest teams.We lost one game in four straight championship years. No,not my Greene Devils but the Peewee Cardinals,ha. We beat a team from Cleveland Tn 42-14 ,I think was the score.I do remember everything before the old track was takin out and the building built in front of the gym .That gym was where my classmate Floyd Gillispie went around the great Derrick Hord and done a monster two hand slam.TH was loaded and Derrick was the best player in the state,a little bit more then the Devil's could handle in the end ,if I remember correctly.

I remember that game, 78-79 season. In the stands pulling for the Devils. Side Note: I taught Derek Psychology his Sophomore year at TH. Smart, great guy and any other superlative you want, Matter of fact I taught 4 of the the five starters and couple of the back ups. My first two years out of college I was at TH, coaching football, wrestling and track. Derek was also a D1 track prospect. He was second in the state no classification his first 3 years of HS and state champ his senior year with a 170 something foot throw.

18 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I like to keep the boards going especially when I have something to preach or brag about. Haha But I may have something to Brag about this year. 1 game at a time. But at least thus far I can brag about. 

He is just trying to get under our skin we will see playoff time. Nobody has it better and he is just afraid to admit it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, olecotton said:

He is just trying to get under our skin we will see playoff time. Nobody has it better and he is just afraid to admit it. 

On a positive note if y'all do win a gold ball this year y'all already have a spot for it. Right where the 2021, 2020, 2019,2018, and 2017 gold balls were supposed to be :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3