H20 @ Westmoreland (Thursday)

biggest

9 minutes ago, Salem said:

Last year the Watertown posters were cheering the TC guys up after their loss and talking them off the ledge. This year TC is eating popcorn watching the circular firing squad. Can't wait to check in tomorrow morning after the ER game. 

Unpopular opinion will be tougher  than some think  

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

Last year the Watertown posters were cheering the TC guys up after their loss and talking them off the ledge. This year TC is eating popcorn watching the circular firing squad. Can't wait to check in tomorrow morning after the ER game. 

Apples and oranges. Watertown didn't lose to Trousdale. 

4 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

You mean this Watertown? 

Championships
State Playoff Championships
None
State Mythical Championships

District Championships
  1971, 1976, 1979, 1985, 2018, 2019, 2020

Team Records
 Overall Record  427-331-13
 Winning Pct.  56%
 State Playoff Titles  0
 State Mythical Titles 

Watertown's best chance at a championship came a few years ago and was probably thwarted by not leaving a certain player at QB. The combination of Gentry closing the gate on Hwy 70, and the move to 3A in a few years, will probably make for some lean years at Watertown. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Speeding2Live said:

Watertown's best chance at a championship came a few years ago and was probably thwarted by not leaving a certain player at QB. The combination of Gentry closing the gate on Hwy 70, and the move to 3A in a few years, will probably make for some lean years at Watertown. 

yeah.. nah Gentry can't  close  70  .... and   they still haven't beat  my patriots yet :lol:   but if you say so my guy   giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47eu875kpwb9msi70gh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gladihater said:

yeah.. nah Gentry can't  close  70  .... and   they still haven't beat  my patriots yet :lol:   but if you say so my guy   giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47eu875kpwb9msi70gh

I don't think Lebanon is in the same conversation with Oakland. Lebanon certainly has better teams than they have had in the past and they are going to benefit in the win column from a weak region, but not sure they are at the Maryland/Oakland level yet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Could be… H2O is just not very good at the moment. Hoping they figure it out quickly!

Good luck the rest of the way!

I try to make sense of things, but H20man, you and biggest seem to be the only posters on a consistent basis that know what they are talking about.  So, lets trim the fat.  Is the talent just down this year?  Coaching issues?  Inexperience across the board?  Just trying to make some sense of all this is all. I have been around long enough to have my opinion.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, H2Oislife said:

Put Self back at QB and KK as a receiver. The coaches don’t allow KK to throw so maybe if we put a coaches kid back there again we will add a 4th play to the offense. Or perhaps try KK’a little brother. The kid opens up and can throw the ball as well.
The coaching is terrible.

Help me understand this post please.  Are you bad mouthing the players here you are referencing or the coaches?  Just trying to make sense is all.  

Just now, MakingSense2u said:

I try to make sense of things, but H20man, you and biggest seem to be the only posters on a consistent basis that know what they are talking about.  So, lets trim the fat.  Is the talent just down this year?  Coaching issues?  Inexperience across the board?  Just trying to make some sense of all this is all. I have been around long enough to have my opinion.  

IMHO opinion they don’t have the pieces to do what they want offensively and are trying to be something they’re not.

They seem to be trying to run an offense similar to what Meigs did for many years without the pieces to get it done. ( line play)

They can’t or at least I think they can’t spread the field due to (what I’ve seen so far) not having a pass friendly QB, so to me their between a rock and a hard place.

Now I don’t how athletic they are simply due to them not being able to spread the ball around.

I don’t know these kids personally and only see them on game days. 

I can’t say coaching because these guys are the same ones that got us to 4 or 5 quarterfinals, but are having a hard time adjusting to not having the horses ( my perception) to do what they normally like to do.

I will say this… the QB seems to be the best athlete on the field, but is really playing a position that he probably isn’t best suited for.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

I think overall talent is down, yes there's some talented kids still around. Imo with talent being down some kids are maybe playing out of the position best suited for them for betterment of the team!  This is the same staff we all praised last year.  The offense system changed, but is that because we have a new OC or is that what the staff is limited to? I think that's the?

• Upvote 1

Just now, H2Oman said:

IMHO opinion they don’t have the pieces to do what they want offensively and are trying to be something they’re not.

They seem to be trying to run an offense similar to what Meigs did for many years without the pieces to get it done. ( line play)

They can’t or at least I think they can’t spread the field due to (what I’ve seen so far) not having a pass friendly QB, so to me their between a rock and a hard place.

Now I don’t how athletic they are simply due to them not being able to spread the ball around.

I don’t know these kids personally and only see them on game days. 

I can’t say coaching because these guys are the same ones that got us to 4 or 5 quarterfinals, but are having a hard time adjusting to not having the horses ( my perception) to do what they normally like to do.

I will say this… the QB seems to be the best athlete on the field, but is really playing a position that he probably isn’t best suited for.

As expected very well put sir.  

Just now, biggest said:

I think overall talent is down, yes there's some talented kids still around. Imo with talent being down some kids are maybe playing out of the position best suited for them for betterment of the team!  This is the same staff we all praised last year.  The offense system changed, but is that because we have a new OC or is that what the staff is limited to? I think that's the?

It appears to me, the talent is obvisiously down.  So, a little scrambling to get players in the right position if at all possible.  The overall lack of talent across the board, with inexperience to boot, new offensive scheme, makes for an uphill battle for any coaching staff.  Just trying to make sense of it all.    

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

It appears to me, the talent is obvisiously down.  So, a little scrambling to get players in the right position if at all possible.  The overall lack of talent across the board, with inexperience to boot, new offensive scheme, makes for an uphill battle for any coaching staff.  Just trying to make sense of it all.    

Yes sir, there's still alot to play for this season.  This is the first reg season region loss in 5 or 6 years so it kinda stings. With Dekalb and upperman coming up its likely to get worse before it gets better. 

Edited by biggest