H20 @ Westmoreland (Thursday)

biggest

Big Win for westy, they finally scored 20! Westmoreland's defense is so good at identifying the play and being ahead of the ball. The only way a team will score multiple times against them will be by getting the edge or throwing the ball. Watertown did not look very athletic last night, and as far as the play calling, it was pretty much the exact same as last week's game. They have to find themselves in a hurry, the way they looked last night ER and TC can play with them and possibly beat them. Westy still is not as sharp on the offensive side as they need to be (left points on the board) but that defense is bad news. Be sure to watch our 615Preps Scoreboard show Saturday morning at 9am for highlights from this game as well as an interview with Westmoreland QB Kamryn Eden and head coach Chad Perry!

Edited by Cam615
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Cam615 said:

Big Win for westy, they finally scored 20! Westmoreland's defense is so good at identifying the play and being ahead of the ball. The only way a team will score multiple times against them will be by getting the edge or throwing the ball. Watertown did not look very athletic last night, and as far as the play calling, it was pretty much the exact same as last week's game. They have to find themselves in a hurry, the way they looked last night ER and TC can play with them and possibly beat them. Westy still is not as sharp on the offensive side as they need to be (left points on the board) but that defense is bad news. Be sure to watch our 615Preps Scoreboard show Saturday morning at 9am for highlights from this game as well as an interview with Westmoreland QB Kamryn Eden and head coach Chad Perry!

We got bit by the lee Corso  I mean cam GameDay picks. Lol

8 hours ago, ReallyREAL said:

I strongly disagree

I disagree as well! In my opinion this is a coaching issue. #12 can throw the ball he looks good during pregame and practices he’s just not getting the passing plays called to throw it in games. Looks like they only do the same 3 plays that do not work because nothing changes and teams study that film. Hats off to #12 he’s one tough hard nosed kid that’s not afraid of contact that H20 is lucky to have. As a former coach #12 is a special player. It seems like they are running an offense not suited for these kids. I think the talent is here in the kids but it may be time for a coaching change or at least a change in the type of offense they are trying to run to have a shot at winning another game. 

2 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Watch out. The coaches are infallible and it’s all the players fault. 

I was listening to some of the H20 players talk last night after their team meeting in the locker room and the coaches blamed it completely on the players. Yes Watertown played terrible and got beat fair and square but it’s hard to play with momentum when you can’t even get a first down because of the trash play calling and the defense stayed on the field almost the entire game. 

33 minutes ago, Bob66 said:

I disagree as well! In my opinion this is a coaching issue. #12 can throw the ball he looks good during pregame and practices he’s just not getting the passing plays called to throw it in games. Looks like they only do the same 3 plays that do not work because nothing changes and teams study that film. Hats off to #12 he’s one tough hard nosed kid that’s not afraid of contact that H20 is lucky to have. As a former coach #12 is a special player. It seems like they are running an offense not suited for these kids. I think the talent is here in the kids but it may be time for a coaching change or at least a change in the type of offense they are trying to run to have a shot at winning another game. 

I agree that 12 is tough hard nose kid and we’re lucky to have him, but I disagree on his passing ability.

The kid is just simply not going to beat you or necessarily help you with his arm. He just simply doesn’t have the mechanics to be an efficient passer.

He’s a heck of a runner and we are lucky to have him, but feel he would probably be suited better as a RB, but is being used as a QB out of pure necessity.

You can’t spread a team out and throw it if you don’t have the horse to do it.

Edited by H2Oman
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Macon Co is still not a measuring stick for an elite 2A team and I’m sure no one said H2O is either.

Great win Westmoreland… good luck the rest of the way!

Macon co is much better than I even thought they were. The 2 borders can fly and they were taught how to play the game at the rockpile! If they can stay healthy with #70 on the Dline they are a very good team along with the awesome play calling by their coach Shoulders. He has a grasp of play calling in the wing T that makes them very hard to beat. They also are very well coached at the line position. A couple mistakes beat us in that game but their speed will make you pay.