H20 @ Westmoreland (Thursday)

biggest

4 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Macon co is much better than I even thought they were. The 2 borders can fly and they were taught how to play the game at the rockpile! If they can stay healthy with #70 on the Dline they are a very good team along with the awesome play calling by their coach Shoulders. He has a grasp of play calling in the wing T that makes them very hard to beat. They also are very well coached at the line position. A couple mistakes beat us in that game but their speed will make you pay. 

Brother I’m not saying they are you are not a good team… you both are always solid.

Im simply saying that typically playing Macon Co close is not a measuring stick to see if you are going to be one of the best 2A teams in the state.

Could I be wrong about them… definitely. We’ll  have a better feel about them tonight after Dekalb.

Edited by H2Oman

2 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Brother I’m not saying they are you are not a good team… you both are always solid.

Im simply saying that typically playing Macon Co close is not a measuring stick to see if you are going to be one of the best 2A teams in the state.

Could I be wrong about them… definitely. We’ll  have a better feel about them tonight after Dekalb.

They beat Dekalb last night 

22 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I agree that 12 is tough hard nose kid and we’re lucky to have him, but I disagree on his passing ability.

The kid is just simply not going to beat you or necessarily help you with his arm. He just simply doesn’t have the mechanics to be an efficient passer.

He’s a heck of a runner and we are lucky to have him, but feel he would probably be suited better as a RB, but is being used as a QB out of pure necessity.

You can’t spread a team out and throw it if you don’t have the horse to do it.

Hard throw the ball and work on the passing game when you don’t have a Qb coach or work on it in practice or condescending the field down to half of the field and not using the whole field. Watertown has athletes. They’re just not being used right. That’s gonna be the excuse right?  So I guess what people are saying is that the success Watertown has had in the past had nothing to do with coaching and it was all athletes?????? Come on now. The end story is  they offensive system sucks the kids hate it and Cody Evans is not the answer at OC.  Was told at halftime he totally blamed the kids smh. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerdaddyfresh said:

Hard throw the ball and work on the passing game when you don’t have a Qb coach or work on it in practice or condescending the field down to half of the field and not using the whole field. Watertown has athletes. They’re just not being used right. That’s gonna be the excuse right?  So I guess what people are saying is that the success Watertown has had in the past had nothing to do with coaching and it was all athletes?????? Come on now. The end story is  they offensive system sucks the kids hate it and Cody Evans is not the answer at OC.  Was told at halftime he totally blamed the kids smh. 

Never said they don’t have athletes or that I like the offensive scheme. Also, you can have all the athletes in the world, but if you don’t have someone that can get it to them they’re not going to help you.

As for the coaching part I would assume that Gavin is okaying this offensive scheme and he has been the one that called the offense since he’s been there, so he must be in agreeable to what Cody is calling.

I’m not a coach and don’t claim to be, but I will say these coaches have proven me wrong several times throughout the years when I began to doubt them. ( last year in particular)

Im like you I hope they figure it out, but I’m 100% certain that if Gavin thought he had the horses to spread it out and be successful he would do it.

He’s a spread coach and was one of the first ones to adapt it in our area years ago.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

They beat dekalb 21-12 last night! I feel they are legit after I saw us against Watertown

3 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Never said they don’t have athletes or that I like the offensive scheme. Also, you can have all the athletes in the world, but if you don’t have someone that can get it to them they’re not going to help you.

As for the coaching part I would assume that Gavin is okaying this offensive scheme and he has been the one that called the offense since he’s been there, so he must be in agreeable to what Cody is calling.

I’m not a coach and don’t claim to be, but I will say these coaches have proven me wrong several times throughout the years when I began to doubt them. ( last year in particular)

Im like you I hope they figure it out, but I’m 100% certain that if Gavin thought he had the horses to spread it out and be successful he would do it.

He’s a spread coach and was one of the first ones to adapt it in our area years ago.

We all got a little spoiled the last few years! We don't have a Cousino,carter, boogie,price or Q on this roster or anything close coming anytime  soon. I don't think our line is that great.  We have alot of issues, but while I may fuss some the kids still played hard and didn't give up that's about all you can ask for.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, biggest said:

We all got a little spoiled the last few years! We don't have a Cousino,carter, boogie,price or Q on this roster or anything close coming anytime  soon. I don't think our line is that great.  We have alot of issues, but while I may fuss some the kids still played hard and didn't give up that's about all you can ask for.  

100% accurate!