DRAGONS @ WILDCATS

92Dragon

16 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Oh yeah, every coach says that, no doubt. BUT, when they claim they had the better team AFTER getting beat 38-6 a few years ago? Well, you’re not thinking in reality at that point. That’s what Clinton’s Coach tried to say a few years ago after the game on the radio that was 38-6 in OR’s favor. “The better team lost”. I mean, come on lol. That’s what ORC is referring to.

This is Coach Keith's 3rd year at Clinton. I don't believe he said that his first season....I thought it was last year when Clinton lead 7-0 at the half and ended up losing 22-7.  The score was 36-0 his first year. 

16 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

oridgecat, don't have a dog in the hunt, but really looking forward to this one. not here to disagree with your quote, just needed one to bring my thought forward. Every coach will come out and say his team is better, do you expect the opposite?  I don't know who wins this game, but folks need to pay attention to what the Clinton qb has done to this point. I know, it was against 2 teams that struggle, but 24 for 34 passing, 2 interceptions, 504 yds???  He's quick, moves around very well. He will be a problem for OR! It is going to be a battle, hope I can find some where to watch it.

He said that on the radio after the game 2 yrs ago after losing 38-6. Then last summer he said it again on a local tv show after losing 22-7.  So, 58-13 in the last two years.  I just can't imagine how "the better team" lost two straight at 58-13.  Sorry, man that just don't make sense to me.  

30 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

This is Coach Keith's 3rd year at Clinton. I don't believe he said that his first season....I thought it was last year when Clinton lead 7-0 at the half and ended up losing 22-7.  The score was 36-0 his first year. 

Yes, you’re right on the score. It was 36-0. That was the game where he said that on the radio after the game. Anyway, this year’s should be a lot closer! Hate that about Elijah, if what you heard is true? What are the chances of our 2 starting CB being out with the same injury? Crazy.

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yes, you’re right on the score. It was 36-0. That was the game where he said that on the radio after the game. Anyway, this year’s should be a lot closer! Hate that about Elijah, if what you heard is true? What are the chances of our 2 starting CB being out with the same injury? Crazy.

That is crazy! I've never heard of that happening before. 

4 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

That is crazy! I've never heard of that happening before. 

starting safety out as well.  Those 3 guys are all starters at receiver too.  We started the year with Cummings, Williams, Rogers and Heyward.  We still have Heyward.  But that's football. No football team "stays healthy", but dang!  Coach has to be thinking what next?  And their will be a next.  Keep your cup on OR fans.  

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

starting safety out as well.  Those 3 guys are all starters at receiver too.  We started the year with Cummings, Williams, Rogers and Heyward.  We still have Heyward.  But that's football. No football team "stays healthy", but dang!  Coach has to be thinking what next?  And their will be a next.  Keep your cup on OR fans.  

Was there a running back injured as well? I thought someone was injured in the Jamboree? A running back? 

We lost starting safety and a corner in the jamboree both long term, problem is both guys were starting receivers too.  So, who's counting but that's 4 starting positions lost in a 1qtr meaningless jamboree.  Ouch.  But still looking forward to a great game come Friday.  Like SS says all the time, it's alot more fun when Clinton is good.  It's gonna be a great atmosphere.  Can't wait. 

Edited by oridgecat

21 hours ago, oridgecat said:

92, you think Clinton is the better team based on what?  A win over sorry ole WB and AE (all their players are at Bearden, West and Fulton).  Just curious.  You're coach thought Clinton was the better team in each of the last 2 yrs.  I just don't get it.  

pretty sure you left OR off that list on accident.

9 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Never said that.  I said we have zero players from AE.  maybe read a little closer before you flame. 

haha none of the other schools you mentioned have kids from AE either. None of them have attended AE and transferred have they?  

Reckon your splitting frogs hairs with that one...