Huntland travels to Cornersville

City223

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, GODAWGS89 said:

The days of old Cornersville are dead. The physicality just ain’t there. I used to watch the the old teams practice and from 2017-2021 those guys were ruthless and full of so much passion for the game. I noticed the 2022 does not have that same passion or grit. This is not Randolph’s Cornersville anymore. This is unfortunately  the Cornersville of old.

CB10 I knew you were out there somewhere! If they don’t win this game they will start 0-4 it’s a bad time to be a corndog fan you should have just stayed in hiding!  

The only 1A program in our area that has not made the state title game in the last 30 years is Huntland. Cornersville, Fayetteville City, Moore County have all been to the state title game in the past 30 years. The only thing worse than having habitual mediocre seasons is a community that's been conditioned to believe & accept that their players / kids aren't good enough to win big......

1 minute ago, phil24 said:

The only 1A program in our area that has not made the state title game in the last 30 years is Huntland. Cornersville, Fayetteville City, Moore County have all been to the state title game in the past 30 years. The only thing worse than having habitual mediocre seasons is a community that's been conditioned to believe & accept that their players / kids aren't good enough to win big......

The sad thing is Huntland has had some good teams over that time span that could’ve made another run to at least the semifinals. The problem is their coach refuses to evolve the offense calling 60 running plays a game. When defenses know it’s a handoff, toss or sweep then it’s not too difficult to plan for.

3 hours ago, Wildcat94 said:

The sad thing is Huntland has had some good teams over that time span that could’ve made another run to at least the semifinals. The problem is their coach refuses to evolve the offense calling 60 running plays a game. When defenses know it’s a handoff, toss or sweep then it’s not too difficult to 

I don't believe it's play calling that's the root of the problem at huntland. The problem is program management & culture development. The HC has had 25 years to develop a brand, a signature of excellence, an iron fist of identity.

3 hours ago, phil24 said:

I don't believe it's play calling that's the root of the problem at huntland. The problem is program management & culture development. The HC has had 25 years to develop a brand, a signature of excellence, an iron fist of identity.

You’re absolutely right in that he’s had 25 years to do something yet not results. There’s been good teams but then usually the following season it’s a significant downgrade.

The entire point of a season being played is to determine a state champion and if a coach isn’t doing everything he can to put his team in the best position to do so then unfortunately he needs to go.