Meigs Vs Bledsoe

BigFoot423

15 minutes ago, BigFoot423 said:

Fumbling issues? 

Don’t think fumbling is the issue in Meigs county that will happen here and there. The main issue that has been there is the coaching staff, the way they handle games is just sad. Having athletes like last year in #15, #2, #8 and #77 on offense saved some games for them. Along with them same kids plus #3 and #26 on defense. When you got kids that can play you get bailed out. Defense looked lousy against a good sweetwater team. Early line had no pressure and all game middle linebackers were backing off the line with first step back and that can’t happen. I think it’s starting to show how lucky boss man fitz was with talent. Coaching must improve all around to win games when it matters. Plain and simple. Excited to see this team grow though, as they are young and got some young playmakers. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoarinTiger said:

Don’t think fumbling is the issue in Meigs county that will happen here and there. The main issue that has been there is the coaching staff, the way they handle games is just sad. Having athletes like last year in #15, #2, #8 and #77 on offense saved some games for them. Along with them same kids plus #3 and #26 on defense. When you got kids that can play you get bailed out. Defense looked lousy against a good sweetwater team. Early line had no pressure and all game middle linebackers were backing off the line with first step back and that can’t happen. I think it’s starting to show how lucky boss man fitz was with talent. Coaching must improve all around to win games when it matters. Plain and simple. Excited to see this team grow though, as they are young and got some young playmakers. 

4 and 4 turnovers don’t happen here and there. And the middle linebackers are solid. If they stink we are in the wrong sport brother

I agree our play calling could improve. The Marion game last year was a positive example of good play calling  

I think when we hash out the youth mistakes this team will be able to contend for the region. It's still Tyners to lose though, but that doesn't mean we won't be competitive. 

I think the staff has done well with such a young bunch myself. Keep in mind next year we will field 90 % of the same team and how do you think we will do next year being a year older with the same staff, and returning around 20 starters. Call the exact same plays this year as next year and you will still see massive improvements next year just due to experience and returning talent alone. Personally think the Intensity we showed in the 4th quarter against Sweetwater and second half against Kings is where it's at. If we can bring that Intensity out of the kids at the start of the game we will have a chance to beat the Tyners, Polks. And Marion's of the region this year. We were down 21-0,  and at one point was up 24-21 against Kings. This team can play with anyone on the schedule when they are playing to their talent level. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Raider1234 said:

Yeti seems like you got some people jumping ship on you early, you guys have only lost one game and its coaching issues lol , its early .

Happens more often than not when you lose a game. We lost to a very good team. I looked at their schedule and I am curious who wins between them and Friendship Christian when the time comes.

We have definitely had good competition so hopefully it will help out some on our region stretch of games we have coming up.

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Happens more often than not when you lose a game. We lost to a very good team. I looked at their schedule and I am curious who wins between them and Friendship Christian when the time comes.

We have definitely had good competition so hopefully it will help out some on our region stretch of games we have coming up.

You all will be fine!Hang in there.Good luck this week.

16 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

4 and 4 turnovers don’t happen here and there. And the middle linebackers are solid. If they stink we are in the wrong sport brother

I agree our play calling could improve. The Marion game last year was a positive example of good play calling  

Again, this team is young and mistakes will happen. I have watched the best Qbs and Rbs no matter the age make mistakes. This team has a 1st yr qb and basically 1st year running backs (saying they haven’t rushed more than 75 times in a season). So forced passes and fumbles will happen when adversity and fatigue hits. Going back to the linebacker play, I wasn’t saying linebackers stink. I said they can’t be stepping back before coming downhill. No offense to you but anybody that plays or has played football knows that linebackers need to be the physical captains on D meeting Rbs in the hole not 3 yards downfield. I’ve seen glimpses of it but not against a good sweetwater team. I will say they did look better against TKA and they will improve throughout the year. Lets be honest the first couple of games are gonna be iffy with play on all parts of the field from Offense to defense to even special teams. Again this team is young and mistakes will happen but they will grow and produce better when chemistry builds, and they will have to produce a little better for a deep playoff run. I generally think that’s why past teams were so good chemistry plays a huge part in hs football. Also Play calling has been hit or miss but then the head coach has to step in when its missing on the field and when situations come up off the field ( with coaches, discipline, and communication with the team.) At the end of the day it is his job