Meigs Vs Bledsoe

BigFoot423

These kids from Pikeville have been told for YEARS that there was no future for them here. Been talked to for YEARS to move over to meigs and be on “good teams” and play “big boy football”. I watched a heck of a game last night by both teams. Lots of mistakes were made by both teams, and you could argue that either team could have won. It was a great atmosphere over in Decatur for sure. Feel like a monkey got lifted off some of those kids backs though with the win. I think meigs will be just fine moving forward. Go Blue!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigFoot423 said:

I’ll agree to almost every aspect to this post outside of using power backs to get to the edge. The one play that went to the house wasn’t even a play designed for the outside the kid made a nice move and the field was basically wide open. 
we dominated in the power running game. ESP out of the i formation 

#13 was running as physical as you can. But we stopped running it and went into the shotgun and started throwing and running QB more which showed to be the opposite of what was working 

we literally had a drive going running the ball and made it to the 12 yard line and got out of the formation and went shotgun and didn’t put any points on the board 

we have a kicker didn’t try to kick the extra point, we were within his range when we had possession with 3 min left we throw it up again and it’s a int. 

We are def inexperienced, I am not going to be sitting here listening to the young part we play 1 freshman and 1 sophmore the others are juniors and seniors. 
we’ll return all but about 4 next year. 

if you are a through and through meigs fan and have watched this coaching staff before we had swafford we ran the football and absolutely wouldn’t continue to throw the ball with the amount of interceptions we are throwing. 
It’s really concerning at this point how we continue to throw the ball and go away from the run that is the opposite of what this staff has done since they been here. 

I agree to what you said about the power I. I wasn’t really clear on what I was meaning. I think the power backs are good to pound 3-4 yards up the middle. I was mostly meaning speed backs to help meadows cause with the read option and the fake power QB runs. Especially if the play calling is gonna stay the same as it is. Opponents can spread out the defense and stop the qb outside and still be comfortable enough to be able to stop the power backs. This offense could be much better with play calling that can set the kids up to succeed. 

18 minutes ago, RoarinTiger said:

I agree to what you said about the power I. I wasn’t really clear on what I was meaning. I think the power backs are good to pound 3-4 yards up the middle. I was mostly meaning speed backs to help meadows cause with the read option and the fake power QB runs. Especially if the play calling is gonna stay the same as it is. Opponents can spread out the defense and stop the qb outside and still be comfortable enough to be able to stop the power backs. This offense could be much better with play calling that can set the kids up to succeed. 

I can agree to what you stated on that. Watching the game last night we ran the shotgun and gave a fake to the weak side of the Field. The QB kept it ever single time. Unfortunately for some reason our staff didn’t want to run anything to take pressure off of Meadows. They just keep getting him pounded. He’s a tough arse kid. But looking at the load he is being forced into carry after a two year lay off, you got to give him breathing room. Great athlete but built different than the previous running QBs and I’m not sure we are a team to throw it 15+ times a game. We didn’t do it last year with huck so idk what changed when we have less experience 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigFoot423 said:

I can agree to what you stated on that. Watching the game last night we ran the shotgun and gave a fake to the weak side of the Field. The QB kept it ever single time. Unfortunately for some reason our staff didn’t want to run anything to take pressure off of Meadows. They just keep getting him pounded. He’s a tough arse kid. But looking at the load he is being forced into carry after a two year lay off, you got to give him breathing room. Great athlete but built different than the previous running QBs and I’m not sure we are a team to throw it 15+ times a game. We didn’t do it last year with huck so idk what changed when we have less experience 

Couldn’t agree more on the work load and pressure part. Nothing against meadows cause he’s done well with the job but coaches gonna have to help him a little with play calling to win big games. You also stated about him being built different. This may affect him playing both ways and still running it 20+ games. The past two qbs in swafford being 6’ 205 and carroll being 5’9 190 may have the coaches thinking they can run him just the same which could produce some more L’s. Hopefully coaches come together and figure out the offense as well as fine tuning the D for upcoming games.

8 minutes ago, RoarinTiger said:

Couldn’t agree more on the work load and pressure part. Nothing against meadows cause he’s done well with the job but coaches gonna have to help him a little with play calling to win big games. You also stated about him being built different. This may affect him playing both ways and still running it 20+ games. The past two qbs in swafford being 6’ 205 and carroll being 5’9 190 may have the coaches thinking they can run him just the same which could produce some more L’s. Hopefully coaches come together and figure out the offense as well as fine tuning the D for upcoming games.

Very good points. And to not Carroll was only used in defense as needed and when we played in big games. 
swafford was playing safety but it gave him a breather sometimes. When your playing corner running up and down the field having to keep the edge and make tackles all night and carry the offensive load the way we are calling the plays it’s tough. Feel for the kid. 

I think we run power offense running game at this point with our roster and we get armour and Ricker set up 1on1 and we have a boat load of success throwing to them 

3 hours ago, scout6 said:

These kids from Pikeville have been told for YEARS that there was no future for them here. Been talked to for YEARS to move over to meigs and be on “good teams” and play “big boy football”. I watched a heck of a game last night by both teams. Lots of mistakes were made by both teams, and you could argue that either team could have won. It was a great atmosphere over in Decatur for sure. Feel like a monkey got lifted off some of those kids backs though with the win. I think meigs will be just fine moving forward. Go Blue!

I would have thought the talented young men from Pikeville would have been coerced to play for Rhea County, instead of Meigs? If the parents have to move there's far more employment opportunities in Dayton versus Decatur.
Yes, it was a great atmosphere last night in Decatur for football. To me, there's nothing like two small school teams battling it out and the prideful fans of both communities coming out to watch them battle. By the way, Bledsoe County looked very well represented in the visitors' bleachers last night.
Yes, Meigs will be fine. Their fans got a little spoiled over the last 5 years and they virtually expect the team to go undefeated every season. After Meigs losing 18 very successful and talented Seniors off last season's team, I knew the growing pains would be there this season with the young, inexperienced ones.

18 hours ago, Yeti said:

No excuses here. We lost.

Same here. Meigs is slow out of the block this year. But a great program will battle back and and push forward till they find success. We didn’t play in back to back State championship games and forget how to play football.  Bledsoe caught us at a good time. Maybe we will meet later on and see what happens . Congratulations 

Sounded like a hard fought game. Congrats to BC and @Bledsoebtheboys.  I think you guys will put up a fight against Tyner if you all are at full strength by the time the game comes around. I think we will finish last in the region this year. Meigs sounds like a scrappy young team. Fitzgerald is a good coach, I think he will have you guys rolling towards the end of the season. 

6 hours ago, scout6 said:

Hold on a minute there Bledsoe .  Let’s don’t let 1 win over a struggling team make up for a program that’s been dominating the area and going to State! Those state championship runs did actually happen! Some of these kids on the team currently did play in those games! You won a ballgame over a struggling team. Huge differences. Slow your roll and call off the celebration.
Do not kill the fatted calf just yet. 

Good game last night but that’s all it was. 1 game.

If you think the atmosphere was good last night you should have seen the last 3-4 years. Like a big college atmosphere.  Fitzgerald and company will get them boys in Meigs on track this year. 

I said Meigs was down this year and a few people wondered why. This game shows that. Not to take anything away from Bledsoe. Them Marion, Polk and still Meigs all have a shot at that 2nd spot. Should be interesting rest of year with some close games. I admit I didn’t see this one cloning though. I’m just keeping it real

• Upvote 1