Meigs Vs Bledsoe

BigFoot423

1 hour ago, Tigerbomb said:

Hold on a minute there Bledsoe .  Let’s don’t let 1 win over a struggling team make up for a program that’s been dominating the area and going to State! Those state championship runs did actually happen! Some of these kids on the team currently did play in those games! You won a ballgame over a struggling team. Huge differences. Slow your roll and call off the celebration.
Do not kill the fatted calf just yet. 

Good game last night but that’s all it was. 1 game.

If you think the atmosphere was good last night you should have seen the last 3-4 years. Like a big college atmosphere.  Fitzgerald and company will get them boys in Meigs on track this year. 

Congrats to Meigs on those back to back championship games. Those were silver balls, correct? If you ain’t first your last Ricky Bobby. No excuses needed for “pipeline” school like meigs who draws kids from other counties and not just Bledsoe. Down years for Meigs with Fitzgerald as head coach are like down years for nick saban. They don’t happen. Maybe the pipeline is getting a little dry. Good luck the rest of your season and maybe you’ll be good enough to add another silver ball by the end of the season. Good riddance. 

2 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

Hold on a minute there Bledsoe .  Let’s don’t let 1 win over a struggling team make up for a program that’s been dominating the area and going to State! Those state championship runs did actually happen! Some of these kids on the team currently did play in those games! You won a ballgame over a struggling team. Huge differences. Slow your roll and call off the celebration.

If you think the atmosphere was good last night you should have seen the last 3-4 years. Like a big college atmosphere.  Fitzgerald and company will get them boys in Meigs on track this year. 

“You beat us, but we won this and that 4 years ago” Get over yourself. That’s probably about the time you became a meigs fan, or had a boy get recruited over there lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

Congrats on your 2nd place finishes from over 2 years ago. I would live in the past as well because your current team might not even make the playoffs. Maybe the young and inexperienced excuse can get you through the rest of the season. Good thing Fitz scheduled all those cupcake games though, maybe the boys can gain some confidence after starting the season with a losing record. Good luck this season y’all will need it 

6 hours ago, BigFoot423 said:

Very good points. And to not Carroll was only used in defense as needed and when we played in big games. 
swafford was playing safety but it gave him a breather sometimes. When your playing corner running up and down the field having to keep the edge and make tackles all night and carry the offensive load the way we are calling the plays it’s tough. Feel for the kid. 

I think we run power offense running game at this point with our roster and we get armour and Ricker set up 1on1 and we have a boat load of success throwing to them 

Speaking of swafford I saw him playing on TV Friday. He caused and recovered a fumble on the same play late in their loss to Kansas. Didn’t realize he was at Tennessee Tech now. 

Edited by crow
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, scout6 said:

“You beat us, but we won this and that 4 years ago” Get over yourself. That’s probably about the time you became a meigs fan, or had a boy get recruited over there lol 

Just a fyi. I been a fan longer than you probably been alive. Congratulations. Hope you all make it 1st or maybe even 2nd round deep AGAIN this year.
Thats what you call success 

24 minutes ago, UTfan1461 said:

Congrats on your 2nd place finishes from over 2 years ago. I would live in the past as well because your current team might not even make the playoffs. Maybe the young and inexperienced excuse can get you through the rest of the season. Good thing Fitz scheduled all those cupcake games though, maybe the boys can gain some confidence after starting the season with a losing record. Good luck this season y’all will need it 

Oh yea. Let’s not look back to last week to a loss to a 1A school.  Congratulations on the win.

Just fyi. You don’t schedule district games. That’s automatic. That’s also what puts you in or out of the playoffs. not non district games. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbomb said:

Oh yea. Let’s not look back to last week to a loss to a 1A school.  Congratulations on the win.

Just fyi. You don’t schedule district games. That’s automatic. That’s also what puts you in or out of the playoffs. not non district games. 

Let’s not look to last nights loss to a team that lost to a 1A team last week. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerbomb said:

What’s that got to do with anything. It’s the expectations of the program is what I’m speaking about. Good luck next week. 

You were referring to Bledsoe season ending in the 1st or 2nd round and calling it a success. Meigs was this way before Fitz. I understand expectations for a program but don’t always walk around thumping your chest to things in years past because that is exactly what it is. The past. 

13 minutes ago, Tigerbomb said:

Well obviously smart guy I’m talking about your games against Copper Basin, McMinn Central, and Signal Mountain. Since you like talking about the past so much let’s look back to 24 hours ago when Bledsoe went to your field and beat you. Just worry about squeaking into the playoffs this year. Maybe you can pull out film from 3 years ago to make you feel better