Station Camp vs White County

middletn

On 8/30/2022 at 3:28 PM, middletn said:

Should be an interesting region match up this Friday night. Both teams coming in at 2-0 and both are going to want to run the football. White County has the state rushing leader Dowell in the back field and Station Camp seems to have a three headed monster running the ball in Ellis, Dickens, and Abner. Who y'all got?

So lets hear your take on this game?

On 9/3/2022 at 11:53 AM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

There’s a reason he’s not a major D1 guy. He’s a good high school running back, but recruits don’t just “miss out” on running backs with numbers like that. 

They always miss out on big time talent in Sparta.  I think the biggest reason is bias from the media, Sparta is not close to any of the major markets like Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga or Memphis, we have always had great players get shunned for all state, all region and so forth because the media controls that crap just like in college and pro sports.  I don't jump to the NFL conclusion just yet but he is going to make someone a heck of a college football player.  I have definitely seen less talented players in power 5 conferences.  Just like on the streaming broadcast last week they were talking about the Bogus kid from SC had power 5 offers?  Malaki made him look average, he makes everyone look average he plays against.  He is about 5'10" and 175-180 pounds and strong as a bull and he has the natural body lean and the natural ability to stick his foot in the ground and cut on a dime without slowing down.  if you haven't seen him live you're in for a treat.  He is humble and a great kid and every team has kids talk smack to him and all he does is rack up yards and touchdowns.  Your middle linebacker has been heckling him for weeks on social media.  That is not a smart idea lol, talk is talk, having to face him is something else entirely.  Win or loose they wont ever forget his name, that I guarantee.

1 hour ago, Warrior0318 said:

They always miss out on big time talent in Sparta.  I think the biggest reason is bias from the media, Sparta is not close to any of the major markets like Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga or Memphis, we have always had great players get shunned for all state, all region and so forth because the media controls that crap just like in college and pro sports.  I don't jump to the NFL conclusion just yet but he is going to make someone a heck of a college football player.  I have definitely seen less talented players in power 5 conferences.  Just like on the streaming broadcast last week they were talking about the Bogus kid from SC had power 5 offers?  Malaki made him look average, he makes everyone look average he plays against.  He is about 5'10" and 175-180 pounds and strong as a bull and he has the natural body lean and the natural ability to stick his foot in the ground and cut on a dime without slowing down.  if you haven't seen him live you're in for a treat.  He is humble and a great kid and every team has kids talk smack to him and all he does is rack up yards and touchdowns.  Your middle linebacker has been heckling him for weeks on social media.  That is not a smart idea lol, talk is talk, having to face him is something else entirely.  Win or loose they wont ever forget his name, that I guarantee.

If he has been heckling, that is not smart at all, leave that to me lol MJ got torched by him last year… our defense is still a bit of an unknown but I believe overall we will be much improved. What does that mean for White Co. idk yet… I do believe MJ has a team capable of handily beating WC. Like I’ve said in many threads before…. Our offensive play calling and schemes are the only thing getting in our way. Also I’m not sold on our defense just yet. They have to show me they can deal with a guy like Malaki. 

*MJ played without their starting QB and starting D1 commit Lb last week so that makes me nervous. Hopefully they’ll be healthy.

Just now, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

If he has been heckling, that is not smart at all, leave that to me lol MJ got torched by him last year… our defense is still a bit of an unknown but I believe overall we will be much improved. What does that mean for White Co. idk yet… I do believe MJ has a team capable of handily beating WC. Like I’ve said in many threads before…. Our offensive play calling and schemes are the only thing getting in our way. Also I’m not sold on our defense just yet. They have to show me they can deal with a guy like Malaki. 

*MJ played without their starting QB and starting D1 commit Lb last week so that makes me nervous. Hopefully they’ll be healthy.

And to touch on your point about “markets” I understand the frustration but it is what it is. It’s White Co… not Memphis, or Nashville. It’s just tougher, at that point its on the coaches, parents and kid himself to recruit and get his name out and get to as many camps as possible.

28 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

And to touch on your point about “markets” I understand the frustration but it is what it is. It’s White Co… not Memphis, or Nashville. It’s just tougher, at that point its on the coaches, parents and kid himself to recruit and get his name out and get to as many camps as possible.

He is a great talent and an even better kid.  I think he is def D1 talent but we will see.  Right now I am just enjoying watching him.  I am just ready to beat Cookeville then worry about MJ.  I am not kidding about Warren not being an easy out, they have some players than can give you trouble.  They have one small back, cant remember his number but last name is Pleasant that can flat out fly.  If he gets in the open field no one is catching him.  They also have an above average QB, he can run it and throw it very well.   Don't sleep on these dudes, they are tough if you let them hang around.  They run the wing-t very well and the mis-direction is very tough to deal with.  they are also very well coached and it shows.  I felt like we were 2-3 touchdowns better than them but we were very happy to get out of there with a win lol.  

6 minutes ago, Warrior0318 said:

He is a great talent and an even better kid.  I think he is def D1 talent but we will see.  Right now I am just enjoying watching him.  I am just ready to beat Cookeville then worry about MJ.  I am not kidding about Warren not being an easy out, they have some players than can give you trouble.  They have one small back, cant remember his number but last name is Pleasant that can flat out fly.  If he gets in the open field no one is catching him.  They also have an above average QB, he can run it and throw it very well.   Don't sleep on these dudes, they are tough if you let them hang around.  They run the wing-t very well and the mis-direction is very tough to deal with.  they are also very well coached and it shows.  I felt like we were 2-3 touchdowns better than them but we were very happy to get out of there with a win lol.  

They played us close last year I’m not overlooking them at all. However if MJ wants to start getting back in the mix of being top 10 or getting respect…. Which some idiots on here will never admit….. then they need to manhandle teams like Warren Co…… a 21-14 victory against a team like that is a failure. Im sorry but it just is when your expectations are high. I’ll continue being a major critic of this coaching staff until they can prove to utilize the talent they have to the maximum.