Macminn vs Bradley County

RichyRich

13 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

I don’t think Bradley is as good as they were expected to be, I think this should be a really good game.

Interesting trivia:  I think the McMinn - Bradley game is the oldest continuous played game in the state.

Bradley may not be as good as some expected, but they always find a way to win close games - which is the mark of a good, well-coached team.  McMinn is actually better than most expected them to be - which is also the mark of a well-coached team.

Which black & gold team will win in this longstanding rivalry? 

On 9/5/2022 at 10:48 AM, blitzinbuc said:

Interesting trivia:  I think the McMinn - Bradley game is the oldest continuous played game in the state.

Bradley may not be as good as some expected, but they always find a way to win close games - which is the mark of a good, well-coached team.  McMinn is actually better than most expected them to be - which is also the mark of a well-coached team.

Which black & gold team will win in this longstanding rivalry? 

Actually its the second oldest continuous played game in TN. South Pit and Marion Co. is first.

It will be the 99th game played between the two old rivals. Overall record is 41-54-3 in Bradleys favor.

5 hours ago, AmericanSniper said:

Actually its the second oldest continuous played game in TN. South Pit and Marion Co. is first.

It will be the 99th game played between the two old rivals. Overall record is 41-54-3 in Bradleys favor.

Well, except South Pitt & Marion County aren’t playing this year, so that series is not “continuous”. That’s why it’s worded that way. South Pitt & MarionCo have played more. 

On 9/4/2022 at 5:19 PM, RichyRich said:

I believe  kees  improved alot from week 2 to 3. 

I think this may be the biggest understatement all year. After McMinn didn’t score a TD vs Cleveland, I thought they must be down this year. Then they go & drill a quality Rhea County team. 
I think the Bears may open up the offense a little more in this non District game, so hopefully it will be close & the Bears can squeek by for a 3rd straight ‘rivalry’ win. Unfortunately, Bradley doesn’t look at this game as much as rivalry as McMinn does, so I expect McMinn players to want it a little more. I have to pick my Bears 27-24, but nothing would surprise me. 

So why is this rivslry game on a school night due to impending weather (probably won't evwn rain,  plus rain isnt bad weather). AND the cleveland walkervalley game did t get moved up,  why not? Tssaa makds stupid decisions sometimes. I hope itcomes a deluge thursdsy night,  teach them to quit moving games because of rain. 

17 hours ago, AmericanSniper said:

BCHS/MCHS is the 2nd longest series without interruption since when they 1st played. S.Pitt and Marion County streak ended two seasons ago. Midway and Rockwood are the longest currently since 1924.

Just now, baconbreath said:

BCHS/MCHS is the 2nd longest series without interruption since when they 1st played. S.Pitt and Marion County streak ended two seasons ago. Midway and Rockwood are the longest currently since 1924.

BCHS and MCHS first played in 1927. That was MCHS' first season. Prior to that a high school in Athens that played the Bears was part of the U.S. Grant College, known today as Tennessee Wesleyan University.

Just now, baconbreath said:

4 hours ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

So why is this rivslry game on a school night due to impending weather (probably won't evwn rain,  plus rain isnt bad weather). AND the cleveland walkervalley game did t get moved up,  why not? Tssaa makds stupid decisions sometimes. I hope itcomes a deluge thursdsy night,  teach them to quit moving games because of rain. 

The game was moved up due to impending thunderstorms with lightning. You can play in rain but not lightning.