Macminn vs Bradley County

RichyRich

18 hours ago, bradley86 said:

I think this may be the biggest understatement all year. After McMinn didn’t score a TD vs Cleveland, I thought they must be down this year. Then they go & drill a quality Rhea County team. 
I think the Bears may open up the offense a little more in this non District game, so hopefully it will be close & the Bears can squeek by for a 3rd straight ‘rivalry’ win. Unfortunately, Bradley doesn’t look at this game as much as rivalry as McMinn does, so I expect McMinn players to want it a little more. I have to pick my Bears 27-24, but nothing would surprise me. 

According to older Bradley fans the McMinn game is the biggest. From about 1970 forward Cleveland became the biggest game because of being in the same county. Most Bradley Countians I know still consider the McMinn game more important than the Walker Valley game. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

One of the biggest upsets in this series was in 1961, when McMinn upset the #1 state-ranked Bears 20-6. Bradley had Steve Sloan at QB, and a wealth of other talented players. They were undefeated and had already beat several of the state's powerhouses when they lost to the undermanned - yet determined - Cheokees. 

May be an image of 1 person, outdoors and text that says 'ATHENS PRESS, ATHENS TENNESSEE MONDAY NOVEMBER 13, 1961 McMINN 20, BRADLEY 6 Bears Ask "Please Omit Flowers" As Tribe Ignores Bradley's No. Rating Robbins, Hicks, Reynolds Tack Bear Hides Wall CRASHES MeMinn clock ranked Bradley Reynolds who'

Awesome clipping you have there buc! Love my east Tennessee history/ sports history!

On 9/7/2022 at 3:29 PM, blitzinbuc said:

One of the biggest upsets in this series was in 1961, when McMinn upset the #1 state-ranked Bears 20-6. Bradley had Steve Sloan at QB, and a wealth of other talented players. They were undefeated and had already beat several of the state's powerhouses when they lost to the undermanned - yet determined - Cheokees. 

May be an image of 1 person, outdoors and text that says 'ATHENS PRESS, ATHENS TENNESSEE MONDAY NOVEMBER 13, 1961 McMINN 20, BRADLEY 6 Bears Ask "Please Omit Flowers" As Tribe Ignores Bradley's No. Rating Robbins, Hicks, Reynolds Tack Bear Hides Wall CRASHES MeMinn clock ranked Bradley Reynolds who'

Tacked their hides to the wall :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 4:16 PM, blitzinbuc said:

According to older Bradley fans the McMinn game is the biggest. From about 1970 forward Cleveland became the biggest game because of being in the same county. Most Bradley Countians I know still consider the McMinn game more important than the Walker Valley game. 

I was talking about the players at Bradley, not the senior citizens.