Macon Co. heads to the Creekbank to take on the Jackets

Grunt

15 hours ago, Cam615 said:

so you want a bunch of freshmen to be put in a game and kneel on the ball? What else are you suppose to do, back in the day and I believe this was against RBS in the 90s, We punted on 1st down, which is more embarrassing getting punted to on 1st down or getting beat by freshmen. It's a no win situation sometimes, again if it was a JV RB nothing can be said about it. 

Once again where is the letter of apology to Monterey for the 91-0 game? How does it feel to be on the other end of a blowout? 

Clint Satterfield loved to rub it in  teams faces. 

Look there is no right way to run up the score and the running clock wasn’t a thing for a long time. As I said it’s classless to do it. But It’s not like Macon was passing either it was a simple run by a Sophomore RB that he broke for a Long TD run.

As far as I can tell this may be the Jackets worst home loss ever. Very few teams ever put that many up on them at the Creekbank much less in a shutout.

Edited by Khall555

18 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Creasy could coach up there with clint. Can’t say about Jim B because I didn’t see him coach but creasy was a very good coach

Absolutely.  Clint and Creasy are Top of the line coaches.  Trousdale has been lucky to have both.  Just saying Creasy had A LOT of talent at TC when he took over.  Basically walked into 2 State Championships waiting to happen.  But I will give him this, it's not easy beating Maryville and he seems to get it done A LOT.  He has won at 1A, 2A, and 6A I believe.  Jim B was the Grand Daddy of them all IMO.  

2 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Once again where is the letter of apology to Monterey for the 91-0 game? How does it feel to be on the other end of a blowout? 

Look there is no right way to run up the score and the running clock wasn’t a thing for a long time. As I said it’s classless to do it. But It’s not like Macon was passing either it was a simple run by a Sophomore RB that he broke for a Long TD run.

As far as I can tell this may be the Jackets worst home loss ever. Very few teams ever put that many up on them at the Creekbank much less in a shutout.

Not so fast there.  I remember the 91-0 game against Red Boiling Springs I think back in 2005.  After the first quarter, all Freshmen were in.  It would have been more disrespectful to punt on first down than it would have been to tell the Freshmen not to score.  Sometimes a team is just BAD.  I don't fault Macon for having a little fun with it.  If I took all the beatings they have from little brother over the years, I would take advantage of this rare occasion.  Just cold hard facts.  I'm from Trousdale and I didn't take offense to the 42-0.  My thought process was, if you can score 70, then do it!!!!  BUT remember, eventually the tide will shift again.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khall555 said:

So you basically ignored what I just stated, you can't tell freshmen to not play, and I take you trying to continuously rub this in on TC is a way of getting back at them for a whipping or two, sorry our freshmen were better than you as a senior... it happens

19 hours ago, JACKET316 said:

Don't make him mad, he will start bringing basketball stats to a football thread! It's funny he only shows up when MC is successful, never here when they suck at everything.. No disrespect to their cheerleading team, they're a cheerleading powerhouse! ;)   

Tell me where I am wrong here? I said in Hartsville Football is the only sport that the town cares about and all the boys are told it’s Football before any thing else and that is not that way in Macon. I was explaining that Macon is predominately a Basketball school and at one time one of the 2 elementary schools did not even have a football team (FYI the Borders brothers wouldn’t have played football in Jr High). That wasn’t a slight on Trousdale at all. I was pointing out that the two town are polar opposites and the record vs each other is similar in both sports to someone unfamiliar with the 2 schools. Explain how is that offensive or insulting to Trousdale? 

Also in case you didn’t know Macon had a Nationally ranked Girls Basketball team in 2020 (Covid canceled season) and won a State Championship in 2021 not bad for a Cheerleading school.

21 hours ago, DansbyGilmore said:

Not so fast there.  I remember the 91-0 game against Red Boiling Springs I think back in 2005.  After the first quarter, all Freshmen were in.  It would have been more disrespectful to punt on first down than it would have been to tell the Freshmen not to score.  Sometimes a team is just BAD.  I don't fault Macon for having a little fun with it.  If I took all the beatings they have from little brother over the years, I would take advantage of this rare occasion.  Just cold hard facts.  I'm from Trousdale and I didn't take offense to the 42-0.  My thought process was, if you can score 70, then do it!!!!  BUT remember, eventually the tide will shift again.  

It’s all good man let the kids have fun. Most of the time I watched  Trousdale intentionally run it up was on Private Schools with recruited players from Nashville. I remember a game vs CPA and the Nashville papers had already crowned them State Champions and Trousdale hung 50 on them in the playoffs. I have always cheered for them but some on here that want to whine about running up the score need to be reminded of some things in the past. RBS will tell you that it wasn’t insulting to lose like that. But some demand an apology from Macon for scoring 42 when quite honestly it should  have been worse. One bad call on a blocked punt and a stupid INT on 1st and goal. 

Edited by Khall555

27 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

It’s all good man let the kids have fun. Most of the time I watched  Trousdale intentionally run it up was on Private Schools with recruited players from Nashville. I remember a game vs CPA and the Nashville papers had already crowned them State Champions and Trousdale hung 50 on them in the playoffs. I have always cheered for them but some on here that want to whine about running up the score need to be reminded of some things in the past. RBS will tell you that it wasn’t insulting to lose like that. But some demand an apology from Macon for scoring 42 when quite honestly it should  have been worse. One bad call on a blocked punt and a stupid INT on 1st and goal. 

Just to clarify i'm not demanding an apology, and as some have mentioned, this opportunity doesn't happen often so take advantage of it, the problem I have and as a MC fan it should worry you that your coach was more concerned about 1 more TD than your best skill player's health. What happens if Borders gets hurt on that last TD carry with under a minute left? Again my point is simple if it was a JV freshmen, no one would care. 

33 minutes ago, Cam615 said:

Just to clarify i'm not demanding an apology, and as some have mentioned, this opportunity doesn't happen often so take advantage of it, the problem I have and as a MC fan it should worry you that your coach was more concerned about 1 more TD than your best skill player's health. What happens if Borders gets hurt on that last TD carry with under a minute left? Again my point is simple if it was a JV freshmen, no one would care. 

Agreed I stated as much. The only reason I can think of is Borders was close to 100/200 yards or some other milestone. 

2 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I am a firm believer in if you do not like what is happening, do something to stop it. In this case, if you do not want MC to put up 40+ then play some dang defense and stop them. These kids now days have gotten soft, and it all starts with soft parents/coaches. Congrats to MC and best of luck the rest of the season, but just remember when TC can they are going to run that score up as high as they can in the future.

• Like 1