CONSOLIDATE LINCOLN COUNTY SCHOOLS

Rocketboy21

Just now, Rocketboy21 said:

Obviously it’s not. It all started with him. Bama coaches are corrupt 

I'm probably going to get hammered for this opinion but I actually told my wife last night (She's originally from Missouri.) that it was a shame that Lincoln Co was split from Fayetteville City. I live in another county and can recall the powerhouse Lincoln Co was in the 90s. With all that being said, there may be a very good reason for the split. I don't claim to be in the know. I wasn't sure if Lincoln Co schools became overcrowded or what? I understand as times goes on though you have to be open to change. 

Just now, PercyPeabody said:

I'm probably going to get hammered for this opinion but I actually told my wife last night (She's originally from Missouri.) that it was a shame that Lincoln Co was split from Fayetteville City. I live in another county and can recall the powerhouse Lincoln Co was in the 90s. With all that being said, there may be a very good reason for the split. I don't claim to be in the know. I wasn't sure if Lincoln Co schools became overcrowded or what? I understand as times goes on though you have to be open to change. 

I feel like the schools splitting benefited a lot of players. Lincoln county seems to play people based on who they are instead of the best players sometimes. Even the years they were still one school, lincoln county was still sucking with all the talent in the county. 

2 minutes ago, City223 said:

I feel like the schools splitting benefited a lot of players. Lincoln county seems to play people based on who they are instead of the best players sometimes. Even the years they were still one school, lincoln county was still sucking with all the talent in the county. 

If that was the case, you would hope to get a coach in there that just wants to win regardless of the child's last name but I know small town politics can play a role in many programs. 

1 minute ago, PercyPeabody said:

If that was the case, you would hope to get a coach in there that just wants to win regardless of the child's last name but I know small town politics can play a role in many programs. 

I would say that’s the biggest problem with lc football. Even with city having the best athletes in the county, lc still has athletes to compete 

11 minutes ago, City223 said:

I would say that’s the biggest problem with lc football. Even with city having the best athletes in the county, lc still has athletes to compete 

Well let me ask this since my family is considering moving there in the future. If you live anywhere in the city limits can you still go to LC? If you live outside the city limits can you attend Fayetteville City? For instance I was told if we moved to Bedford Co we could live in Shelbyville but my children could attend Cascade if we were willing to drive them there each day. Thanks in advance for any info. I guess I really need to call the school board at some point. 

Edited by PercyPeabody

6 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Well let me ask this since my family is considering moving there in the future. If you live anywhere in the city limits can you still go to LC? If you live outside the city limits can you attend Fayetteville City? For instance I was told if we moved to Bedford Co we could live in Shelbyville but my children could attend Cascade if we were willing to drive them there each day. Thanks in advance for any info. I guess I really need to call the school board at some point. 

Do you have a kid wanting to play sports?

9 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

3 out of the 4 kids are athletes in various sports 

If you move here you can go to fayetteville and it doesn’t matter where you live, but sports wise if you live in the county you would be ineligible for some of the season then after that you’re good to go. The only way to be eligible right away at city is to move in the city limits. I’m not sure what rules apply to lincoln county

6 minutes ago, City223 said:

If you move here you can go to fayetteville and it doesn’t matter where you live, but sports wise if you live in the county you would be ineligible for some of the season then after that you’re good to go. The only way to be eligible right away at city is to move in the city limits. I’m not sure what rules apply to lincoln county

I appreciate the info. I'll definitely confirm everything before moving. We just really liked the peacefulness of Park City.