Blackman vs. Stewarts Creek

Pops17

40 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Well lets put that in perspective... Riverdale, Gallatin were both undefeated when we played them so, I wouldn't exactly say they beat a bunch of loosing teams... That same argument could be used for Siegel and Rockvale... (who lost to Smyrna and and only beat Riverdale,  scraped past Lincoln County and Siegel  and Lavergne While Siegel beat a Lebanon team who and Green hill...

Thanks for proving my point. I'm not sure how good Siegel and Rockvale are either. We'll know by the end of the season, who's really good and who isn't.

Championship = Elite

Semi Finals = Great

Quarter Finals = Really Good

2nd Round = Good

1st Round = Average

Didn't make playoffs = Not good

7 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

Thanks for proving my point. I'm not sure how good Siegel and Rockvale are either. We'll know by the end of the season, who's really good and who isn't.

Championship = Elite

Semi Finals = Great

Quarter Finals = Really Good

2nd Round = Good

1st Round = Average

Didn't make playoffs = Not good

You know that opens the door unfortunately for the argument, that because RuCo is  loaded with "pretty good" teams it makes it very difficult. Many of the pretty good team that dont get past 1st round because they are playing regions that are not nearly as stacked. ... Not my argument but the one evreyone will point to 

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

Well lets put that in perspective... Riverdale, Gallatin were both undefeated when we played them so, I wouldn't exactly say they beat a bunch of loosing teams... That same argument could be used for Siegel and Rockvale... (who lost to Smyrna and and only beat Riverdale,  scraped past Lincoln County and Siegel  and Lavergne While Siegel beat a Lebanon team who and Green hill...

First let me say I like what Tygard has done and I think Blackman is improved.

Now, Blackman has not beat a good team yet. Riverdale appears to be slightly above average, Gallatin is not good, Summit and Stewart’s Creek are a combined 2-8. Riverdale is the only win that has a winning record at 3-2 with all three wins against bad teams.

Blackman may end up 8-2 or 7-3, but they have played bad teams to this point. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

First let me say I like what Tygard has done and I think Blackman is improved.

Now, Blackman has not beat a good team yet. Riverdale appears to be slightly above average, Gallatin is not good, Summit and Stewart’s Creek are a combined 2-8. Riverdale is the only win that has a winning record at 3-2 with all three wins against bad teams.

Blackman may end up 8-2 or 7-3, but they have played bad teams to this point. 

A lot of teams this year have faced bad teams just being honest. Not just Blackman 

5 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

Currently, the winning percentage of Blackman's opponents is 40%. Not really sure how good this Blackman team is yet.   They really need to develop a running back and strengthen the middle of the defense. 

4-1 is 4-1.. last year they would have found a way to lose last night.. this year they found a way to win. 

3 hours ago, arshad221 said:

A lot of teams this year have faced bad teams just being honest. Not just Blackman 

Man... crazy thing is before Blackman went 4 and 1 people thought  Blackmans defense would be terrible  and Riverdale was world beaters, most thought Summit was going to be good, not great, Gallatin was this dominant run the ball down your throat machine....and after last year Stewarts Creek was going to be formidable with 25 returning seniors.....Blackmans defense is much improved  and they should be 5 and 0 . Danged if you win Danged if you don't 

Edited by Blaze45
  • Upvote 1

Man... crazy thing is before Blackman went 4 and 1 people thought  Blackmans defense would be terrible  and Riverdale was world beaters, most thought Summit was going to be good, not great, Gallatin was this dominant run the ball down your throat machine....and after last year Stewarts Creek was going to be formidable with 25 returning seniors.....Blackmans defense is much improved  and they should be 5 and 0 . Danged if you win Danged if you don't 

Actually everyone is right about where I thought they would be in that group you just discussed. I did think Riverdale would be a little better than what they are.

Blackman will get/keep athletes because of what they’re doing. I really believe this is just the start of something good. 

27 minutes ago, eers said:

Actually everyone is right about where I thought they would be in that group you just discussed. I did think Riverdale would be a little better than what they are.

Blackman will get/keep athletes because of what they’re doing. I really believe this is just the start of something good. 

Appreciate the vote of confidence. I have been in Tygards corner since day one... but then again I can say that about Coach Wells. Shadowens, Watson and Hartsfield as well.....lol. I am biased for sure after two of my three boys played ball there.  Whats your thought on Rockvale...? This mornings headline read like they won the superbowl or are next in line to win state. Heck we play a tighter game than we should against a 6A Stewarts Creek and were overated... Rockvale beats LaVergne, Siegel and struggles to get by Lincoln County and You would think they deserve a ticker tape parade

Appreciate the vote of confidence. I have been in Tygards corner since day one... but then again I can say that about Coach Wells. Shadowens, Watson and Hartsfield as well.....lol. I am biased for sure after two of my three boys played ball there.  Whats your thought on Rockvale...? This mornings headline read like they won the superbowl or are next in line to win state. Heck we play a tighter game than we should against a 6A Stewarts Creek and were overated... Rockvale beats LaVergne, Siegel and struggles to get by Lincoln County and You would think they deserve a ticker tape parade

I think all the hype is because it was their first “signature” win, albeit over an average Riverdale team. I think they’re trending in the right direction, but is RuCo down overall? I don’t know. I personally think Blackman is the #2 team in the region.