Upperman @ Watertown

biggest

1 minute ago, MakingSense2u said:

Biggest, H20 needs to let this horrible DC go!  Get his butt on the train to Trousdale Co, heck anywhere but H20!  H20 needs to shrug off this Hackett leadership and let H20 get back to their winning ways before all this mess this man Hackett has started.  H20 needs new life in this program.  If Hackett is outst, H20 will rocket past everyone else in this Region.  Hackett must GO!  Come on Big Ronnie!  Get that petition written up!  

You sure like trying to put words in my mouth. Never said any of that. Our coaches are fine fellars. 

3 minutes ago, RoundLickRonnie said:

Good ole transplant trying to 'school' me on Watertown football. This guy right here is born and raised a purple tiger. This is my home and always will be. I know the meaning of wearing that purple jersey. Watertown football existed before any of our coaches were born and it will be there when they leave. No coach is above the program. I have respect for our coaching staff, but the circus friday night was just that. 

Also, little Ronnie didn't get his feeling hurt. You've made your mind up that he can't take 'hard' coaching for some reason, but that's far from the truth. His peewee coaches were much harder on him than what he gets now. There's been no complaints from him.  I'm just an observer that is saying what many in the community are already saying, but go ahead and shoot the messenger. 

Even though I'm out of the purple powerade, I'll be there to support Watertown football just like I have for the past 40+ years. 

Doesn't matter where a person is from.  Born, raised, or transplanted...the players where the same gear.  After researching this program, I cant see where anyone would want to hang there hat on "wearing the purple jersey" outside of many season past 7-8 years ago.  Now, like TC I could see where you might get offended at this years team, but please dont come at me that a medicore program history at best (again outside of 7-8 years ago) is something that that offends you.  It appears that H20 unfaithful just dont know how to grow with their program when they hit bumps in the road.  You are a great messenger for those who like to gripe and complain.  But the griping and complaining is exaclty the root cause of this programs issues.  If people would just hush and let the coaches coach and see how they can develop this experienced team, you and the rest of the Purple Power Nation Historical Society would probably be better off.  I know the team would be.  Or get those high powered Pee-Wee coaches to move up.  

8 minutes ago, RoundLickRonnie said:

Internet tough guy :roflol:

I said I take reservations. I see where little Ronnie gets it from, feelings are hurt pretty easily I see.   Be happy to sit down and talk over coffee.  Maybe you bring little Ronnie, if he is a sophomore or freshman, and I will bring my son.  Just because they could get to know each other.  Ill wear my High School Football jersey and you can wear yours. Toss back and forth the good old days back when we played.  I can share with you how it felt and my experiences during deep runs in the playoffs. (No Titles though)  So we do have that in common.  You can share how it felt watching the playoff games from the stands when you played.  Share with our boys the differences in how it feels to be medicore and successful.  It really sounds like a win-win for both sides here.  I will do my part to help you through all this.  There is a bright future for this H20 program.  

I can defend in person just as good, probably better. So I definitely dont need this message board.  One thing I do know is this staff from what I have observed over the past few years is that you along with all the H20 Unfaithful need to count your blessings.  I did some history research on this H20 team.  Since you apparently are the "all knowing" when it comes to high school football, especially H20 football with Little Ronnie,  what happen to H20 after Hackett arrived?  Got better?  Got worse?  You have skirted around answering my questions directly so lets see if I can hold your hand through these couple questions.   Dont need purple powerade to answer either.  

Can someone from H20 answer this question?  Geez its a simple question to answer!  I have it right here on paper.  Well on the screen, but still its right here in front of me.  I am looking to see if anyone from H20 town can answer this question.  I know none of the H20 unfaithful will attempt to, because its quite simple...It would contradict all their nay-saying efforts against this coaching staff!  Come on people...H20 needs to hear the truth! 

29 minutes ago, RoundLickRonnie said:

You sure like trying to put words in my mouth. Never said any of that. Our coaches are fine fellars. 

Then let them COACH!  Who cares that Upperman came in a put a smack down on H20 last Friday night for all of Tennessee to see!  Upperman has a good team, supplied by Cookeville mostly.  Hats off to the head coach for working those players over to his program. The defense looked almost as bad as the offense.  Who cares!  Let them freaking learn.  Or fire the proven DC.  Doesnt matter to me.  But some friendly advice, watch out for what you wish for.   

4 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

I can defend in person just as good, probably better. So I definitely dont need this message board.  One thing I do know is this staff from what I have observed over the past few years is that you along with all the H20 Unfaithful need to count your blessings.  I did some history research on this H20 team.  Since you apparently are the "all knowing" when it comes to high school football, especially H20 football with Little Ronnie,  what happen to H20 after Hackett arrived?  Got better?  Got worse?  You have skirted around answering my questions directly so lets see if I can hold your hand through these couple questions.   Dont need purple powerade to answer either.  

Can someone from H20 answer this question?  Geez its a simple question to answer!  I have it right here on paper.  Well on the screen, but still its right here in front of me.  I am looking to see if anyone from H20 town can answer this question.  I know none of the H20 unfaithful will attempt to, because its quite simple...It would contradict all their nay-saying efforts against this coaching staff!  Come on people...H20 needs to hear the truth! 

Gavin had Watertown moving in the right direction,  but Hackett took the program to a different level with his defense! I didn't see much of Friday's game because I been down .  Trust me I've been around Watertown seen and played for some bad Watertown teams! 

Edited by biggest
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, biggest said:

Gavin had Watertown moving in the right direction,  but Hackett took the program to a different level with his defense! I didn't see much of Friday's game because I been down with covid.  Trust me I've been around Watertown seen and played for some bad Watertown teams! 

Im here as a transplant.  I had to check this out on paper.  Cant speak on anything about H20 football outside of the past few years when I bought land out this way to build.  I dont even associate daily in Watertown.  And I mean absolutely no disrespect toward the history of Watertown and its sports, not one bit.  But, if the H20 faithful and unfaithful were honest about their heritage in sports, not much room to complain about this coaching staff and what they have accomplished over the past several years.  And hats off to the rest of the coaching staffs associated at H20.  My son plays baseball too, not sure he will want to at the highschool level, but why not, if good enough to make the team why wouldnt you want to be a part of this program.  I have met the baseball coach, hate to see if he goes 500 anytime soon, no telling what will be said about him.  I will be the first to admit, I am human and I will not agree with everything the coaches do.  But I have watched these coaches for sometime now, I want my child to play for this staff.  I was worried that Webster might retire before my son gets up there, but I was rolling the dice that Hackett would stay and take over if that were to happen.  So, my chips are all in for this program.  "WEBSTER/HACKETT2024"  Ordering my shirts now!

8 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

Im here as a transplant.  I had to check this out on paper.  Cant speak on anything about H20 football outside of the past few years when I bought land out this way to build.  I dont even associate daily in Watertown.  And I mean absolutely no disrespect toward the history of Watertown and its sports, not one bit.  But, if the H20 faithful and unfaithful were honest about their heritage in sports, not much room to complain about this coaching staff and what they have accomplished over the past several years.  And hats off to the rest of the coaching staffs associated at H20.  My son plays baseball too, not sure he will want to at the highschool level, but why not, if good enough to make the team why wouldnt you want to be a part of this program.  I have met the baseball coach, hate to see if he goes 500 anytime soon, no telling what will be said about him.  I will be the first to admit, I am human and I will not agree with everything the coaches do.  But I have watched these coaches for sometime now, I want my child to play for this staff.  I was worried that Webster might retire before my son gets up there, but I was rolling the dice that Hackett would stay and take over if that were to happen.  So, my chips are all in for this program.  "WEBSTER/HACKETT2024"  Ordering my shirts now!

I have a kid on the team also I'm hopeful Webster/Hackett both stay

17 minutes ago, biggest said:

Gavin had Watertown moving in the right direction,  but Hackett took the program to a different level with his defense! I didn't see much of Friday's game because I been down with covid.  Trust me I've been around Watertown seen and played for some bad Watertown teams! 

I should have responded like this instead of a short novel sorry.  You sound like you know this H20 program as well as anyone.  And you along with most everyone including my unproven self, are a little frustrated.  We want our teams to win.  My question to you respectively, because I see your posts, you make sense (I like that alot) lol!!  Would you like H20 to go back to its "glory days" outside of lets say 10 years ago?  Where they might win a region title every 20-30 yrs?  Or is it worth the chance to back this staff 100% and push on?  See how it works out.   I would guess that Webster hired Hackett?