Upperman @ Watertown

biggest

4 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

Against ER I observed 23 dressed.  2-3 in street clothes.  Since then I have heard of 3 leaving the team and a couple more hurt. I was being maybe a little misleading at 15.  But wouldn’t think much over 20

TC gonna always reach for that excuse.

Always something that negates bad leadership, bad program, and bad choices.  It's never actually their fault.

48 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Dressed 21 last night against smith co.  

Serious question.....will they have enough to stick around and finish the season? This just doesn't make any sense to me at all as to why they do not have more players than this. What are the reasons they are not playing? I know they have more athletes than this in the school? 

1 hour ago, kingofthenorth said:

Serious question.....will they have enough to stick around and finish the season? This just doesn't make any sense to me at all as to why they do not have more players than this. What are the reasons they are not playing? I know they have more athletes than this in the school? 

Elephant in the room

I may be wrong but seems like I remember TC always fielding smaller numbers. If I remember correctly 2008 when they came up here for the semifinals they only dressed 30ish. I may be way off but I do remember seeing team pictures of them with very good teams and don’t think I’ve ever saw them break 40 but I’ll admit I don’t really keep up with them that closely. 

20 minutes ago, crow said:

I may be wrong but seems like I remember TC always fielding smaller numbers. If I remember correctly 2008 when they came up here for the semifinals they only dressed 30ish. I may be way off but I do remember seeing team pictures of them with very good teams and don’t think I’ve ever saw them break 40 but I’ll admit I don’t really keep up with them that closely. 

From what I have observed over the past few years, 30-40 player roster would be a fair guess for TC average 

4 hours ago, crow said:

Yes, they typically have a smaller roster than a lot of the schools they play even some with smaller enrollments. But the last few years they have had 40-45 on the team which is the largest they have probably ever had. So yes to dip down into the 20s is bad and not a good sign for the program in my opinion.  

On 9/24/2022 at 11:51 AM, H2Oman said:

I myself don’t think they forgot how to coach, but last night was a bad day at the office for Hackett. It happens!

They for sure wasn’t prepared last night!

Amen! If our defensive staff was actually half as good as they think they are, we'd be unbelievable. What a train wreck the other night. Glad all of middle tennessee got to see it on TV.

8 minutes ago, RoundLickRonnie said:

Amen! If our defensive staff was actually half as good as they think they are, we'd be unbelievable. What a train wreck the other night. Glad all of middle tennessee got to see it on TV.

Don’t get me wrong… I still believe he can coach, but that staff did not have their team ready to play Friday. I know they’ve had injuries, but you should not have lineup issues at week 5 when the other team isn’t running anything exotic and you’ve had all week to prepare.

Upperman was for sure the better team…. even if we would’ve been healthy. People having better athletes you can’t control.

Having your kids know where to lineup is 100% in your control!

I have no grand allusions of us being a good football team right now… don’t have the horses to do so, but I would like to see this team play with heart and good assignment football. These things are in their control and fall on the coaches shoulders to fix!

Will they get it right??? I hope and believe  they will!

27 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Yes, they typically have a smaller roster than a lot of the schools they play even some with smaller enrollments. But the last few years they have had 40-45 on the team which is the largest they have probably ever had. So yes to dip down into the 20s is bad and not a good sign for the program in my opinion.  

I agree, not a great sign for sure. Hopefully whatever the issues are they get worked out quickly. Everyone has ups and downs, no one is immune to it. 

41 minutes ago, RoundLickRonnie said:

I thought long and hard about if I needed chime in on this post.  Yep!  I will.  You are probably one of those parents or kin folk who has (or has had) a little Johnny on this H20 program, (maybe even you little Ronnie) who I will add, probably doesnt/didnt get to play as much or at all for Hackett and his horrible defensive staff as you and little Johnny thinks they should or should have.  Im a betting man so I feel comfortable thus far with my assessment.  Friday night, from what I observed in the first half, yep, the defense looked WAY WAY WAY out of sorts.  Question for you there High School football guru...Did that shock you?  Or lets level this out a little. Odds are pretty high that many people left that game with the thoughts of "shock."  So, do you believe people were shocked of the defensive performance?  Be careful how you answer, this is what I like to call a "trap question."  And go sir..