Dresden @ South Fulton, 9/23

HevyReturns

The Red Devils would talk about this game forever if they would beat the Lions this Friday. They are the ones who kept Dresden out of the playoffs in 2018, the only time the Lions didn’t make it since 2010. Red Devils beat us 14-12 in dramatic fashion! We’re playing mid-season in Fulton, and on the last play of the game (I think it was anyways, at least our last chance & they ran out the remaining few seconds), their player made a textbook, open-field, one-on-one tackle as we were going for a 2pt conversion to tie the game. That smaller Red Devil stopped our bigger runner in his tracks, lowered the boom with a PERFECT  tackle, just those two over on that side in the final play we had.. and he won the game for them. Lions finished the 2018 season 5-5, they went 3-7, we both were 3-3 in Region that year, but as their coach said, they beat the right three teams to reach the playoffs. One of those was Dresden. And that blemish on our teams record/history for making consecutive playoffs will be forever there, thanks to South Fulton! Yes, that was then & this is now, but still.. such tales should motivate you, I’d think so anyways, right? Motivate them to WIN, that if they did it once, they can do it again. And Motivate Lions to NOOO! Never let it happen again! Never overlook anyone.. ever! Always stay focused in practice that week, and for each and every play in that one game, one down at a time giving it your all, plus a little more. Then for the next play.. repeat it again. Until the final whistle & horn blows! One play can make all the difference in the world, can’t it? So what kind of plays will happen this Friday? Dresden playing again at South Fulton? Will it be an upset for the decades, that will be remembered forever in the storied halls of football lore and legend? When the impossible happened? .. There’ve been movies made about such heroic feats, of the overwhelming underdog beating the heavily favored team. Yes indeed. That is possible.. anything always is possible, especially in sports! But methinks the probable reality will happen once again this coming Friday.. Lions offensive machine will score oodles of points, while Red Devils will be given a giant goose egg by Dresden’s Dominant Defense! My final score prediction? 77-0. Though I think, being the homer I am, it’s gonna be another ZERO our D hands out to them, they might score some points on our reserves in the second half. Probably not.. but still possible.  They’ve put up a bunch of points against everyone except Peabody, & in that injury-stopped game against Greenfield. (Praise God for answered prayers for that player, amen?). So I’ll throw that out there.. for conversation & possibilities, but in all honesty, it’s gonna be a bad night to be a Red Devil and a great night to be a Lion this coming Friday. And bestest result of all is an injury free game for everyone, & oozing sportsmanship & great attitudes by all. With my prediction, again, thrown out there.. 77-0. 

Edited by HevyReturns
Typos

22 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

The Red Devils would talk about this game forever if they would beat the Lions this Friday. They are the ones who kept Dresden out of the playoffs in 2018, the only time the Lions didn’t make it since 2010. Red Devils beat us 14-12 in dramatic fashion! We’re playing mid-season in Fulton, and on the last play of the game (I think it was anyways, at least our last chance & they ran out the remaining few seconds), their player made a textbook, open-field, one-on-one tackle as we were going for a 2pt conversion to tie the game. That smaller Red Devil stopped our bigger runner in his tracks, lowered the boom with a PERFECT  tackle, just those two over on that side in the final play we had.. and he won the game for them. Lions finished the 2018 season 5-5, they went 3-7, we both were 3-3 in Region that year, but as their coach said, they beat the right three teams to reach the playoffs. One of those was Dresden. And that blemish on our teams record/history for making consecutive playoffs will be forever there, thanks to South Fulton! Yes, that was then & this is now, but still.. such tales should motivate you, I’d think so anyways, right? Motivate them to WIN, that if they did it once, they can do it again. And Motivate Lions to NOOO! Never let it happen again! Never overlook anyone.. ever! Always stay focused in practice that week, and for each and every play in that one game, one down at a time giving it your all, plus a little more. Then for the next play.. repeat it again. Until the final whistle & horn blows! One play can make all the difference in the world, can’t it? So what kind of plays will happen this Friday? Dresden playing again at South Fulton? Will it be an upset for the decades, that will be remembered forever in the storied halls of football lore and legend? When the impossible happened? .. There’ve been movies made about such heroic feats, of the overwhelming underdog beating the heavily favored team. Yes indeed. That is possible.. anything always is possible, especially in sports! But methinks the probable reality will happen once again this coming Friday.. Lions offensive machine will score oodles of points, while Red Devils will be given a giant goose egg by Dresden’s Dominant Defense! My final score prediction? 77-0. Though I think, being the homer I am, it’s gonna be another ZERO our D hands out to them, they might score some points on our reserves in the second half. Probably not.. but still possible.  They’ve put up a bunch of points against everyone except Peabody, & in that injury-stopped game against Greenfield. (Praise God for answered prayers for that player, amen?). So I’ll throw that out there.. for conversation & possibilities, but in all honesty, it’s gonna be a bad night to be a Red Devil and a great night to be a Lion this coming Friday. And bestest result of all is an injury free game for everyone, & oozing sportsmanship & great attitudes by all. With my prediction, again, thrown out there.. 77-0. 

I can’t read all of that but I figure Dresden take this one.

• Like 2

Even with a short night at Greenfield & a rough night at #1McKenzie, the Red Devils are averaging 30+ a game. West Carroll is a good team and they took them to OT. I don't care who you are, a team averaging 30 points is not to be overlooked. I can't see this game as being close in any way unless DHS lets it be. But maybe SF is closer than most think???

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 12:10 AM, Waker said:

I can’t read all of that but I figure Dresden take this one.

Can’t read, eh? .. Bad eyesight? Bad teachers? Unwillingness? Mentally lazy? Dislike of the author?.. Can’t read, or won’t read? Either way that is truly, truly sad. I’ve been in positions during my working years were I did the hiring & firing, and it’s surprising how many people can not read but have a HS diploma. These graduates who can’t read are still often productive members of society & providers for their family. They are officially termed “functional illiterates”, and amongst them are some of the most brilliant, creative, & intelligent people I’ve ever met. Another surprisingly large group of people I’ve found during ministry work is deaf people. I regret never making the time to learn sign-language., Yes, there are all kinds of people, but those who are readers are leaders, and learners are earners.. studies show (per Grant Cardone) the top 1% of the wealthy read on average 1 book per month, and the top 1% of this upper 1% reads 1 book per week. So I conclude, those who can’t read can be helped & this situation overcome, but those who won’t read is aka being willfully ignorant, which is a dread, destructive, & distressing choice to make.  Then there are a few still who can speed read.. it’s real, anyone can learn it, it does live up to its hype & claims, but like golf, you have to keep at it. But if you do get rusty, it’s just a matter of practicing again until you’re  back in the groove. << Said all that for the select few who chose to make the time to read.. my kind of people! 

Edited by HevyReturns
typos

20 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Dresden JV plays UC tonight (Mon the 19th) in UC @ 6pm, & our Mid. School plays Gleason there at 6:30 on Thur.22. These youth leagues & programs are key to successful HS programs! 

The JV game was originally set for play at Dresden, which is where the NFHSNetwork was ready to go. Last moment they changed to UC, but the stream recorded at Dresden, which was peewee flag football it looked liked! AWESOME! idk how the Lions & Tornados did against each other. Hope it was injury free! 

It was a smothering hot night! Lions scored 3 times missed one of their 2 pointers. UC scored twice with 1 or maybe 2 conversions. The last one, nobody cheered like they stopped it, nobody cheered like that made it, the refs never gave a signal that I saw. Sooooooo, roughly 22 to 14/16. Both teams looked good, UC had the size advantage. Lions had the scrappy advantage. There are definitely some kids out there pushing the starters for their job. Like it should be.