Oakland vs Blackman

Pops17

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Sure it met my expectations.   Thanks!  Really just looking for some opposition to banter back and forth with.   All in fun.  

I think both the Oakland and Blackman fans have been looking forward to this matchup all season. It will be a good barometer for Blackman to see where they really are among the elite of TN football.   At the same time Blackman can certainly win the game unlike most everyone else Oakland plays.  Don't think they will but this one can go either way.   

Should be a great game in a great atmosphere! Hoping the Blaze make it happen, but it's gonna be a hill to climb.

2 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Sure it met my expectations.   Thanks!  Really just looking for some opposition to banter back and forth with.   All in fun.  

I think both the Oakland and Blackman fans have been looking forward to this matchup all season. It will be a good barometer for Blackman to see where they really are among the elite of TN football.   At the same time Blackman can certainly win the game unlike most everyone else Oakland plays.  Don't think they will but this one can go either way.   

So here is some interesting things ...for Blaze fans of course .... Blaze defense is giving up an average of 14 fewer points per game than last year,    ( still way too many , but really heading the right direction)  They also are averaging 1 touchdown 7 pts per game better as well.  Oakland is going to be a very tough test,  but 1 thing the Blaze can and should keep in their head is the offense they had last year was not nearly as good as the one they are playing with this year and but they still managed 36 pts on one of the top ranked defenses in the state, and it was without Jack Risener,  Yes, some of those points might have been in garbage time, however that should tell you that you scored on some of those same folks who will be starting this year.  ALL told between last year and this year Blaze are seeing a  21 point swing ... Yes, by those numbers it still puts Oakland up by a score of 49 to 43....(6pts).... I am hopeful we get a couple key stops and make this a dogfight for Oakland . Who knows maybe we get our best game of the season out the Blaze boys. 

Edited by Blaze45
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

So here is some interesting things ...for Blaze fans of course .... Blaze defense is giving up an average of 14 fewer points per game than last year,    ( still way too many , but really heading the right direction)  They also are averaging 1 touchdown 7 pts per game better as well.  Oakland is going to be a very tough test,  but 1 thing the Blaze can and should keep in their head is the offense they had last year was not nearly as good as the one they are playing with this year and but they still managed 36 pts on one of the top ranked defenses in the state, and it was without Jack Risener,  Yes, some of those points might have been in garbage time, however that should tell you that you scored on some of those same folks who will be starting this year.  ALL told between last year and this year Blaze are seeing a  21 point swing ... Yes, by those numbers it still puts Oakland up by a score of 49 to 43....(6pts).... I am hopeful we get a couple key stops and make this a dogfight for Oakland . Who knows maybe we get our best game of the season out the Blaze boys. 

I think many people want a good game including myself,.. however the realist in me tells me this won’t be close. 

Just now, Blaze45 said:

I have a hunch it might be a better game than some think,,, just a feeling. I "could" be wrong,,, but still supporting my Blaze 

How close are your ties? Lol I give you props for being a positive fan… but a hunch tells me knowing certain individuals might keep you forced into that way of thinking sometimes…

57 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

How close are your ties? Lol I give you props for being a positive fan… but a hunch tells me knowing certain individuals might keep you forced into that way of thinking sometimes…

My ties are to the top row 50 yard line for the last 16 years. I have seen I-TRAIN/ Dee Mathers/ Cole Notgrass/ Strickland/ Davidson / Jennings/ Armstrong/ Teague; Knox and 1000 others pass through this program. I started supporting the following the Blaze the year after an 0-10 season under Bobby Wells ....Yes I am optimistic (Cautiously-but still optimistic) If I were to ask myself if I would consider the coaches over the years to be friends I would have to answer yes and I continue to support them and what they are doing with the young folks in Tenn no matter what school or where they are... Likewise, I have had the opp to talk to Tygard a couple times. He is a good coach with great ideals and the kids love and respect him. I think he is a class act and is going to get this program back in shape.... Think about it... If he had the defense playing at the same level as the offense, they would be a very scary team to play, ,,, I'll eat humble pie when I have to... until then... Go Blaze!

Edited by Blaze45

4 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

My ties are to the top row 50 yard line for the last 16 years. I have seen I-TRAIN/ Dee Mathers/ Cole Notgrass/ Strickland/ Davidson / Jennings/ Armstrong/ Teague; Knox and 1000 others pass through this program. I started supporting the following the Blaze the year after an 0-10 season under Bobby Wells ....Yes I am optimistic (Cautiously-but still optimistic) If I were to ask myself if I would consider the coaches over the years to be friends I would have to answer yes and I continue to support them and what they are doing with the young folks in Tenn no matter what school or where they are... Likewise, I have had the opp to talk to Tygard a couple times. He is a good coach with great ideals and the kids love and respect him. I think he is a class act and is going to get this program back in shape.... Think about it... If he had the defense playing at the same level as the offense, they would be a very scary team to play, ,,, I'll eat humble pie when I have to... until then... Go Blaze!

Exactly! Dude hugs every week on here while trolling in other threads but doesn’t get it.

8 hours ago, arshad221 said:

Exactly! Dude hugs every week on here while trolling in other threads but doesn’t get it.

Lol dude is the biggest L on here… you always chime in like a cheerleader to other people’s comments “yeah you tell him” “exactly” “get him” no one is telling me anything lol I’m having a conversation that you’re incapable of having with that -11 IQ you possess.

14 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Thanks for the numbers and perspective.  I certainly wouldn't argue that Blackman has improved over last year.  And yes they did put 36 on Oakland last year in a 63-36 Oakland win and as you said some were likely trash end of the game points with what I would assume would be lots of underclassmen and non starters.  Halftime score was 35-14.  Starters vs starters.  3rd was Oakland 14-6.  That would have been a mix of Oakland starters and non starters first part of the 3rd and full backups by the end as well as I remember and past experience watching.  Blackman won the 4th Q 16-14.  100 % non starters for Oakland and not sure about Blackman.  

I reckon the long and short of it is this.  Blackman has improved over last year.  Folks really seem to like the HC over at Blackman.  Oakland, in my opinion, is not  the same  they were last year on either side of the ball.  However, I still think they are better than any team in the state of Tennessee and until they get beat by someone they will remain that way.  Oakland is next level.  And to me the reason for that is simply Kevin Creasy.  79-12 while at 1A Trousdale County with 3 state titles there and now 102-6 at 6A Oakland with 3 state titles here.  I don't know what he does.  I ain't that close to the program. I'm a Friday night home games volunteer that helps out so my interaction with him is very brief if at all most games.  But holy crap he is doing something very well.  Certainly hope it continues. Go Patriots.

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Thanks for the numbers and perspective.  I certainly wouldn't argue that Blackman has improved over last year.  And yes they did put 36 on Oakland last year in a 63-36 Oakland win and as you said some were likely trash end of the game points with what I would assume would be lots of underclassmen and non starters.  Halftime score was 35-14.  Starters vs starters.  3rd was Oakland 14-6.  That would have been a mix of Oakland starters and non starters first part of the 3rd and full backups by the end as well as I remember and past experience watching.  Blackman won the 4th Q 16-14.  100 % non starters for Oakland and not sure about Blackman.  

I reckon the long and short of it is this.  Blackman has improved over last year.  Folks really seem to like the HC over at Blackman.  Oakland, in my opinion, is not  the same  they were last year on either side of the ball.  However, I still think they are better than any team in the state of Tennessee and until they get beat by someone they will remain that way.  Oakland is next level.  And to me the reason for that is simply Kevin Creasy.  79-12 while at 1A Trousdale County with 3 state titles there and now 102-6 at 6A Oakland with 3 state titles here.  I don't know what he does.  I ain't that close to the program. I'm a Friday night home games volunteer that helps out so my interaction with him is very brief if at all most games.  But holy crap he is doing something very well.  Certainly hope it continues. Go Patriots.

The key to remember for me is that those 36 points came with no Jack Risener in the game ,,, and while that last qtr there were a lot of non starters no Page either as he was still at Ensworth . I am sure there were some folks missing on the Oakland side of the field, but most noticeably the two headed monster in the backfield is gone (thank goodness) . I hope it turns into an absolute great game... I think if Blackman can go toe to toe for a bulk of the game but will only help in building that program and developing for the post season run 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Lol dude is the biggest L on here… you always chime in like a cheerleader to other people’s comments “yeah you tell him” “exactly” “get him” no one is telling me anything lol I’m having a conversation that you’re incapable of having with that -11 IQ you possess.

I would argue that the point that I am far from the biggest loser on here... you believe what you want though...