Scott-Clay

17 minutes ago, Bball5413 said:

Chippy yes!! Everything else totally false!!! 

Well we’re getting different reports. I have talked to 2 different people that were there and both said game security “police” instructed them to exit a different way due to “crowd concerns” by the game administrators. Also I know the officials met with the Scott AD and the clay AD at halftime. I also know there were a combined 9 personal fouls in the first half with 7 on Scott. I have not heard anything more about any ejections yet so that could well be incorrect. I rewatched the entire first half and can’t really pinpoint any single spark that started the nonsense other than maybe the fact Scott just wasn’t responding well to the beating. I’ll watch the second half later and if there is any ejection it should be obvious. As far as mouthing,unless you’re on the field who knows who said what to who. Regardless can’t respond the way they did. Just not a good look. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, crow said:

Well we’re getting different reports. I have talked to 2 different people that were there and both said game security “police” instructed them to exit a different way due to “crowd concerns” by the game administrators. Also I know the officials met with the Scott AD and the clay AD at halftime. I also know there were a combined 9 personal fouls in the first half with 7 on Scott. I have not heard anything more about any ejections yet so that could well be incorrect. I rewatched the entire first half and can’t really pinpoint any single spark that started the nonsense other than maybe the fact Scott just wasn’t responding well to the beating. I’ll watch the second half later and if there is any ejection it should be obvious. As far as mouthing,unless you’re on the field who knows who said what to who. Regardless can’t respond the way they did. Just not a good look. 

Only one ejection in the game I believe, and it was on Scott. There was a play with a late hit to Clay's running back that drew a personal foul, then another kid hit the Clay running back again, which prompted the ejection. 

1 hour ago, OldTownRoad said:

Only one ejection in the game I believe, and it was on Scott. There was a play with a late hit to Clay's running back that drew a personal foul, then another kid hit the Clay running back again, which prompted the ejection. 

Yeah I since found out it was a late game Scott ejection. I guess not all I was told was incorrect after all. 

2 hours ago, crow said:

Yeah I since found out it was a late game Scott ejection. I guess not all I was told was incorrect after all. 

Scott #2 was ejected for fighting away from the play. The play was late in the game. At halftime there was a conversation with both AD’s about crowd heckling players and they made fencehangers move back. Game got chippy in the 2nd qtr after score got out of hand. Not a good look for either team but it happens, particularly when one school is suffering a horrible season. Penalty wise it was a pretty well called game just ridiculous that so many personal fouls had to be called. 

2 hours ago, crow said:

As far as having to use different exits that would be almost impossible as there is only really one gate for fans to go out. But in truth I couldn’t tell if anything was said as I just walked out and tried to stay out of peoples way. But I didn’t see or hear anything. Some folks on cellphones talking to people telling they were leaving and the score.

45 minutes ago, Jimmycroc said:

As far as having to use different exits that would be almost impossible as there is only really one gate for fans to go out. But in truth I couldn’t tell if anything was said as I just walked out and tried to stay out of peoples way. But I didn’t see or hear anything. Some folks on cellphones talking to people telling they were leaving and the score.

Appreciate the info. I hate it went down that way. I’m from Scott and honestly it looked like they just weren’t taking the thrashing well. Oh course can’t speak to what may have been or not been said or done that the camera did see but given the number of PF’s called in Scott vs clay it seems maybe we didn’t show much maturity there. It does happen. Just gotta move on. It gets worse for Scott as the season goes unfortunately with Fulton, GP and Anderson county ahead. 

4 hours ago, crow said:

Also maybe it wasn’t a different gate. The wording I was given was “had us leave a different way than we came in” so maybe just a different route or something. At any rate it’s now next week. 

There is only one way in and out at the field for fans!! The way you pay to get in is the way you go out!! Good luck it you next week. 

26 minutes ago, Bball5413 said:

There is only one way in and out at the field for fans!! The way you pay to get in is the way you go out!! Good luck it you next week. 

I loosely follow Scott now, I’m more involved with Oneida (obviously given my profile pic right?). Good luck to Y’all to, I’ve watched the game and you’ve got a good crew over there. You’ll be a tough draw for anyone in November. Appreciate your input on the situation.