3. Huntingdon         6-1              135       4

4. Riverside          6-1                 113       5

5. Fairley (1)        7-0                 106       6

6. East Robertson     6-1           74        7

7. Westview           5-2               73        9

8. Freedom Prep       6-1           50        8

9. Union City         6-1                48        3

10. Lewis County       6-1           34        10

Others receiving votes: Westmoreland 9. Mt. Pleasant 4. Richland 2. Meigs County 2.

• Thanks 1

Just hoping we can keep our streak alive this season. Holding all our regional opponents to 0 points so far with 2 remaining of the schedule. This group of guys at westmoreland have been together since peewee ball and really have all stuck it out. Last season was full of games and situations we could’ve give up early on and quit on the season but kept every game close accept for the 20-0 smith co game. Had a lot of COVID issues the first half of the season especially last year. Got so bad our head coach had to miss the Watertown game last season. A game that saw us lose to the at Watertown 6-0 with 2 field goals scored and 1 of our TDs called back!

Edited by Mr. Postman1

On 10/4/2022 at 11:41 AM, Southtowner said:

Behold Thy Pole

Class 2A

School                 Record          Points    Prv

1. Hampton (12)       6-0             173       1

2. Tyner Academy (5)  7-0          167       2

3. Huntingdon         6-1              135       4

4. Riverside          6-1                 113       5

5. Fairley (1)        7-0                 106       6

6. East Robertson     6-1           74        7

7. Westview           5-2               73        9

8. Freedom Prep       6-1           50        8

9. Union City         6-1                48        3

10. Lewis County       6-1           34        10

Others receiving votes: Westmoreland 9. Mt. Pleasant 4. Richland 2. Meigs County 2.

If Hohenwald is tenth, both Richland and Mt. Pleasant should be ranked higher especially Mt Pleasant. Though both boast only one loss on the year, both do claim playing a 5A school. The difference is the 5A school Hohenwald played has only won a handful of games over the past decade and most of those wins were against basketball school Lawrenceburg. At least Mt Pleasant’s 5A school (that beat them) has had some success. To top that off, they also beat undefeated Richland so, they do have somewhat of a more difficult schedule.

As for Richland, their only loss was to a decent to good Mt Pleasant team. Though it wasn’t against Fayetteville, still, better than Hohenwald. 

Everyone knows it will be Mt Pleasant versus Riverside in Rd three. So, why are they not ranked but yet Hohenwald is? Hohenwald never plays anyone.

However, just so it’s known, Page is still ranked and ranked high!

5 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

If Hohenwald is tenth, both Richland and Mt. Pleasant should be ranked higher especially Mt Pleasant. Though both boast only one loss on the year, both do claim playing a 5A school. The difference is the 5A school Hohenwald played has only won a handful of games over the past decade and most of those wins were against basketball school Lawrenceburg. At least Mt Pleasant’s 5A school (that beat them) has had some success. To top that off, they also beat undefeated Richland so, they do have somewhat of a more difficult schedule.

As for Richland, their only loss was to a decent to good Mt Pleasant team. Though it wasn’t against Fayetteville, still, better than Hohenwald. 

Everyone knows it will be Mt Pleasant versus Riverside in Rd three. So, why are they not ranked but yet Hohenwald is? Hohenwald never plays anyone.

However, just so it’s known, Page is still ranked and ranked high!

This is the nicest post I have ever seen you make about Lewis County lol

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

The AP has spoken.

I guess they must have forgotten what happened last year, which was the same as all the years before. So, I also guess it’s my duty to remind them and, remind them of why they were not in the poll after week two last year.

Hohenwald typically plays one good opponent a year. That means they usually only play one team with a winning record and they typically lose that game. Without looking it up, it seems it used to be Chapel Hill or Columbia Academy. There may have been a fledgling team that ended the season with a winning record some years that Hohenwald beat but not always. Notice how Hohenwald got moved out of the region with Chapel Hill when Chapel Hill was knocking them out of the region championship. Now, with a different coach, I don’t know if they will be pulled out of the region with Riverside but I know in the past, they would have. I’m still surprised they weren’t put in the same region as Richland. Lucky for them, they weren’t.

What you will see with Hohenwald is that their out of region lineup will consist of (oh) 0-50 Spring Hill or some small team such as winless 1A Collinwood or Waynesboro but only if Hohenwald knows they are down. The surprise is the placement of Fayetteville for last year and this year because you never, and I mean NEVER see Hohenwald schedule supposedly equitable out of region teams such as Mt Pleasant or Chapel Hill. But, you will see them go all the way to NW Tennessee and schedule girls basketball school like Obion County. However, they will not schedule Union City Lol.

So, the rankings for Hohenwald is always a misnomer. Except for Fayetteville the past two years, you would see a ranked Hohenwald because of their extremely weak schedule of being undefeated until Chapel Hill or Columbia Academy or Riverside mostly at the end of the regular season. This is due to being in a weak region and scheduling just terrible out of region games. Hence inflated rankings and in most cases, paper championships.

Because of enrollment, in the past because the coach had two good buddies on the T$$AA, you would see Hohenwald roll out of the region with Riverside and back in with Chapel Hill.

Just so the AP voters understand what they are voting on.

To add: Hohenwald has only played one team all year long with a winning record; and, got blown out by them! Other than Fayetteville, the only other team that they will have faced during the season with a winning record at seasons end is the Riverside school, and maybe the Scotts Hill school. Everyone knows Riverside will come out with the easy win.

Who wants to bet Fayetteville is off the schedule next year?

Look for a 9-3 season record with an early second round exit again this year!

20 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

To add: Hohenwald has only played one team all year long with a winning record; and, got blown out by them! Other than Fayetteville, the only other team that they will have faced during the season with a winning record at seasons end is the Riverside school, and maybe the Scotts Hill school. Everyone knows Riverside will come out with the easy win.

Who wants to bet Fayetteville is off the schedule next year?

Look for a 9-3 season record with an early second round exit again this year!

I'm hoping Derek stays put at Lewis County for a while.  I think he can make them a legit AP top 10 team for you.  Or maybe not. You seem to take issue regardless of where they are ranked.

You have done more to put Hohenwald on the map more so than the AP.

You do understand that the AP are humans?  And that humans tend to think differently from others at times?

So humans have them ranked 10th this week. And for some reason that sticks in your craw.

Anyways, Lewis County is ranked in other ratings.  Computer ratings that is.  One has them 12th & another has them 10th. I think that is what I remember. 

So, let me say this.  Being ranked 10th , 11th or 12th  is a very long ways from the top of a classification.  Especially in the smaller 2 classes.