Karns vs Oak Ridge...Thursday Night Rivalry

3 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

And that should put Clinton in the #6 spot and an early anticipation to basketball season. 

FUNNY!. It is good you can have a sense of humor about this. It stinks when you team is down.

How will the Dragons look in both boys and girls basketball? Watch out for the Lady Wildcats they are loaded with hard working and talented ladies. One is Tee Higgins' niece. I love the name Tee. You would think my dogs would be named after him but their names are Daisy and Dexter. God forbid something happens to them because I will be crushed. My wife and I spoil our dogs rotten but they bring us so much love and joy they deserve all the healthy treats we give them. We are going to get a cat soon ( My idea ). I'm looking at names like Tee Cat, Sweet Tee, Wiley, or something my wife wants. She rules the family anyway. I just take up space. LOL

33 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Tough year for the Wildcats, but they're still Oak Ridge and very capable. It's going to take another couple years for the new coach to rebuild them to Oak Ridge standards. He inherited a mess - be patient. 

I appreciate you have your own opinion and I do not mean o attack you.

Coach Cummings was giving a cupboard full of talented players. A Booster program which is probably the best program in the state. The Boosters are wonderful. It is not unheard of members staying involved long after their kid has graduated high school. I have been able to buy Oak Ridge merch online for the last 20 years because the Booster Club has members who go out of their way for me. 

I believe in Coach Cummings and think he will do a great job. However, it will take Coach Cummings working hard to equal the success Coach Gaddis attained. 

One thing I want to make clear is Coach Gaddis was very nice to me in recent years. I will never forget that. Basically, I will follow Coach Cummings to heck but I will never say anything negative about the Oak Ridge program past or present.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

FUNNY!. It is good you can have a sense of humor about this. It stinks when you team is down.

How will the Dragons look in both boys and girls basketball? Watch out for the Lady Wildcats they are loaded with hard working and talented ladies. One is Tee Higgins' niece. I love the name Tee. You would think my dogs would be named after him but their names are Daisy and Dexter. God forbid something happens to them because I will be crushed. My wife and I spoil our dogs rotten but they bring us so much love and joy they deserve all the healthy treats we give them. We are going to get a cat soon ( My idea ). I'm looking at names like Tee Cat, Sweet Tee, Wiley, or something my wife wants. She rules the family anyway. I just take up space. LOL

I hope you can snag a Wildcat, Willie. It will keep you on your toes.

5 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I appreciate you have your own opinion and I do not mean o attack you.

Coach Cummings was giving a cupboard full of talented players. A Booster program which is probably the best program in the state. The Boosters are wonderful. It is not unheard of members staying involved long after their kid has graduated high school. I have been able to buy Oak Ridge merch online for the last 20 years because the Booster Club has members who go out of their way for me. 

I believe in Coach Cummings and think he will do a great job. However, it will take Coach Cummings working hard to equal the success Coach Gaddis attained. 

One thing I want to make clear is Coach Gaddis was very nice to me in recent years. I will never forget that. Basically, I will follow Coach Cummings to heck but I will never say anything negative about the Oak Ridge program past or present.

Willie, no offense brother, but you are misinformed on the state of the Booster Club. And I applaud those that are currently involved and those from the past that have given their time and effort to make it run.  This ain't your daddy's Booster Club.  The meetings are on a Wed each month and you can count the attendees with 2 hands.  We do have a few people that donate generously to the athletic program when called upon on occasion, but that is not the booster club.   

Coach Cummings was left with some talented skill players, but beyond that, this was a rebuild of a 3-8 team.  And people don't want to hear this, but it's also a rebuild of the entire youth league program and middle school programs. And I know this is blasphemy around to all the glory days men still living here, but the only way to grow this program back to being a legit contender year in and year out, is to combine the two middles and call them the Oak Ridge Middle School Wildcats.  8 coaches instead of 3 per team,  55-60 players, more community support, competition to start, depth,  weight training in 6-8 etc. etc. Nobody would beat the ORMS Wildcats. We will most likely be in 6A football soon. Be proactive.  Then, the frosh will come in with a basic understanding of the offensive and defensive concepts run at the hs, and they would already have some team chemistry and success together coming in as ninth graders

Yes, Gaddis won a state championship 41 years ago, and put us in contention many times,  but other than that what success are you referring too?  His goal was to win state championships just like the rest of us.  I know and respect Coach Gaddis, and he does truly love this place, and I appreciate all the time and effort and hard work he has put in to the program.   

And I will follow suit  with you, and try not to be negative, but as a fan that has missed less than a handful of games in 50 yrs, if something needs to be addressed than it must be addressed, and that is not always being negative.  Go Cats! We are still scrapping.  You should drive up for a game sometime.  I will treat you and the wife to Large Edwards. 

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Willie, no offense brother, but you are misinformed on the state of the Booster Club. This ain't your daddy's Booster Club.  The meetings are on a Wed each month and you can count the attendees with 2 hands.  We do have a few people that donate generously to the athletic program when called upon on occasion, but that is not the booster club.   

Coach Cummings was left with some talented skill players, but beyond that this was a rebuild of a 3-8 team.  And people don't want to hear this, but it's also a rebuild of the entire youth league program and middle school programs. And I know this is blasphemy around to all the glory days men still living here, but the only way to grow this program back to a legit contender year in and year out is to combine the two middles and call them the Oak Ridge Middle School Wildcats.  8 coaches instead of 3 per team,  55-60 players, more community support, competition to start, depth,  weight training in 6-8 etc. etc. Nobody would beat the ORMS Wildcats.  Then, they would come in with a basic understanding of the offensive and defensive concepts run at the hs. and they would already have some team chemistry coming in as ninth graders

Yes Gaddis won a state championship 41 years ago,  but other than that what success are you referring too?  His goal was to win state championships just like the rest of us.  I know and respect Coach Gaddis, and he does truly love this place, and I appreciate all the time and effort and hard work he has given to the program.  

And I will follow suit  with you, and try not to be negative, but as a fan that has missed less than a handful of games in 50 yrs, if something needs to be addressed than it must be addressed, and that is not always being negative.  Go Cats, you should drive up for a game sometime.  I will treat you and the wife to Large Edwards.

This is possibly the best post I have read on here. Never thought of having JMS and RMS combine for football.  Awesome idea and I would love to help in any way but my input would be limited because I am just a fan. I do have some online skills that might be of use.

Again, your post was awesome.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Im not really sure. I don't know who all will be on the team or if we got any transfers from other schools, but I'd be surprised if we are as good as we were last year. Most of those guys graduated. I'm sure we'll have some younger guys step up and we should be alright.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Im not really sure. I don't know who all will be on the team or if we got any transfers from other schools, but I'd be surprised if we are as good as we were last year. Most of those guys graduated. I'm sure we'll have some younger guys step up and we should be alright.

I'm interested to know as well since D-B plays Clinton at Tennessee High in a Hall of Champions game their second game.

Just now, catswild said:

It is   GAME DAY   !!!

GOOD JOB Catwild! I was starting to think people who post it is "GAME DAY " had left Coach T. I haven't seen CardinalGrey for a while. I didn't even see him at our 40th ORHS Reunion last month.

I don't normally post this but tonight's game is so important I want to say...

GAME DAY! For The Ridge! RWR! Come on OR and WIN THIS GAME BABY. 

14 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Willie, no offense brother, but you are misinformed on the state of the Booster Club. And I applaud those that are currently involved and those from the past that have given their time and effort to make it run.  This ain't your daddy's Booster Club.  The meetings are on a Wed each month and you can count the attendees with 2 hands.  We do have a few people that donate generously to the athletic program when called upon on occasion, but that is not the booster club.   

Coach Cummings was left with some talented skill players, but beyond that, this was a rebuild of a 3-8 team.  And people don't want to hear this, but it's also a rebuild of the entire youth league program and middle school programs. And I know this is blasphemy around to all the glory days men still living here, but the only way to grow this program back to being a legit contender year in and year out, is to combine the two middles and call them the Oak Ridge Middle School Wildcats.  8 coaches instead of 3 per team,  55-60 players, more community support, competition to start, depth,  weight training in 6-8 etc. etc. Nobody would beat the ORMS Wildcats. We will most likely be in 6A football soon. Be proactive.  Then, the frosh will come in with a basic understanding of the offensive and defensive concepts run at the hs, and they would already have some team chemistry and success together coming in as ninth graders

Yes, Gaddis won a state championship 41 years ago, and put us in contention many times,  but other than that what success are you referring too?  His goal was to win state championships just like the rest of us.  I know and respect Coach Gaddis, and he does truly love this place, and I appreciate all the time and effort and hard work he has put in to the program.   

And I will follow suit  with you, and try not to be negative, but as a fan that has missed less than a handful of games in 50 yrs, if something needs to be addressed than it must be addressed, and that is not always being negative.  Go Cats! We are still scrapping.  You should drive up for a game sometime.  I will treat you and the wife to Large Edwards. 

Thanks for posting the facts, validating what I posted. You echoed the sentiments I'd heard about the condition of the program. Some people get sensitive and don't want to accept the truth, but burying their head in the sand won't make the program better.