Karns vs Oak Ridge...Thursday Night Rivalry

Look out Wildcats. Not only is # 8 Bishop out to put the mighty Cardinal and Grey to shame. The Beavers now feature a former Wildcat at QB, who is used to playing on Blankenship Field. He will not be shaken by the Oak Ridge Traditions like the 72 Steps from the locker room to the field. Karns has never beaten OR in OR but this might be their time.

Now, here is my prediction...Oak Ridge FINALLY does something up to their ability. Final, OR 39   Karns 28.

Good luck OR! RWR! FOR THE RIDGE!

Series history:

2021 Karns wins 42-35
2020 Oak Ridge wins 56-14
2019 Oak Ridge wins 60-13
2018 Oak Ridge wins 48-7
2017 Oak Ridge wins 49-3
2016 Oak Ridge wins 56-6
2015 Oak Ridge wins 56-14
2014 Oak Ridge wins 62-7
2013 Oak Ridge wins 56-28
2012 Oak Ridge wins 42-0
2011 Oak Ridge wins 35-14
2010 Oak Ridge wins 24-0
2009 Oak Ridge wins 45-14
2000 Oak Ridge wins 69-22
1999 Oak Ridge wins 49-20
1998 Oak Ridge wins 45-20
1997 Oak Ridge wins 23-7
1996 Oak Ridge wins 49-0
1995 Oak Ridge wins 27-14
1992 Oak Ridge wins 62-0
1991 Oak Ridge wins 54-3
1990 Oak Ridge wins 48-8
1989 Oak Ridge wins 18-0
1988 Oak Ridge wins 24-0
1987 Oak Ridge wins 19-7
1986 Oak Ridge wins 14-7
1985 Karns wins 12-7
1984 Oak Ridge wins 42-6
1983 Oak Ridge wins 7-2
1980 Oak Ridge wins 60-6
1979 Oak Ridge wins 36-14
1978 Oak Ridge wins 14-6
1977 Oak Ridge wins 27-6
1976 Oak Ridge wins 41-7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Is this correct...OR locks up 2nd place if they beat Karns?

I’ve done my Homework. If you win you will be in second by yourself. However you have to beat Campbell Co. If CC beats you all, you will both be 3-2 in region, but they will have the head to head win. Here is the Kicker. If Karns beats Clinton they will be 3-2 as well. They will have beaten CC in their head to head, which makes it a 3 way tie at 3 wins and 2 losses each. I believe it goes to best record next and I will let the experts take over.

Edited by noonesfool

13 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I’ve done my Homework. If you win you will be in second by yourself. However you have to beat Campbell Co. If CC beats you all, you will both be 3-2 in region, but they will have the head to head win. Here is the Kicker. If Karns beats Clinton they will be 3-2 as well. They will have beaten CC in their head to head, which makes it a 3 way tie at 3 wins and 2 losses each. I believe it goes to best record next and I will let the experts take over.

In that 3-way tie scenario, overall wins would put Karns at #2. Then it would revert back to head-to-head, which would put CC at #3 and OR at #4.

8 hours ago, bounder said:

Just take care of business and it will all work out. Time to stop penalties and turnovers. Play Oak Ridge football and Get Er Done!

WILDCAT PRIDE

As always, you are right Bounder.  I hope they shut down Bishop like he has never been shut down before. I think Bishop will get his unbelievable stats but OR will slow Hayden down, OR defense will outplay the Beaver D.

Wildcats 39    Beaver, Wally, Eddie, Mrs and Mr Cleaver   28.