York vs. Gibbs

Tnfootball56

22 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I know a whole bunch of people from Jamestown. Young and old. I've never heard anything but good things about Derwin Wright. When you talk to the parents of these kids, they have the upmost respect for him. And the players love him,

York will be better next year and will make some noise in late November. 

You make it to Monterey last night?

32 minutes ago, crow said:

Well I was actually fishing a little myself. Maybe he didn’t come back because they were going to be good, maybe, just maybe they’re good because he came back. Honestly they were talented enough last year to do what they’re doing this year. 

Agreed. They had the same kids last year and were not well coached. I was not at Monterey

8 hours ago, Thebalduglyduck said:

He’s not a real coach. He abandons his team every time they are down with talent…

If that’s the case he should have came back last year.  That’s was the fastest York team I had seen in years even with the injuries and losing one kid for the year.  But they ran a different offense and defense every week and they got their breaks beat off every week.  No wait they got a covid win and Wartburg 

Edited by YAIDAD

1 hour ago, YAIDAD said:

If that’s the case he should have came back last year.  That’s was the fastest York team I had seen in years even with the injuries and losing one kid for the year.  But they ran a different offense and defense every week and they got their breaks beat off every week.  No wait they got a covid win and Wartburg 

Yeah, I’ve mentioned to @orngnblk a couple of time you can see the difference last year to this one. Especially in the line play. They’re fairly talented at skill but make no mistake, that line is what makes them go on both sides. Big enough and very athletic line that’s obviously well coached with skill positions to take advantage of it. Good ball club. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

Well I was actually fishing a little myself. Maybe he didn’t come back because they were going to be good, maybe, just maybe they’re good because he came back. Honestly they were talented enough last year to do what they’re doing this year. 

He coached from around 97 to 2008 and took a break after his younger son graduated that year to spend time with his daughter while she was younger is what he told. 2009 team went 10-4 and went the farthest in the the modern highschool playoffs that they had been so automatically that would’ve been idiotic to say from the dumb duck.

Before coming back for 2017 seasons I’m pretty sure he offered help as an assistant coach don’t know what happened with that but he went 9-3 in 2017-2018 then went 3-8 in 2019.

The team he has this year went 3-8 last year now with the lesser talent it had and  has already put them at a .500 season.

This just goes to show you coaching can make or break teams

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tench said:

He coached from around 97 to 2008 and took a break after his younger son graduated that year to spend time with his daughter while she was younger is what he told. 2009 team went 10-4 and went the farthest in the the modern highschool playoffs that they had been so automatically that would’ve been idiotic to say from the dumb duck.

Before coming back for 2017 seasons I’m pretty sure he offered help as an assistant coach don’t know what happened with that but he went 9-3 in 2017-2018 then went 3-8 in 2019.

The team he has this year went 3-8 last year now with the lesser talent it had and  has already put them at a .500 season.

This just goes to show you coaching can make or break teams

100%. We lost a couple of key positions coaches and it shows. Like I’ve said, I fully expected York to easily win the region last season. We’ve played all our region opponents now, York is my pick. 

4 hours ago, crow said:

Yeah, I’ve mentioned to @orngnblk a couple of time you can see the difference last year to this one. Especially in the line play. They’re fairly talented at skill but make no mistake, that line is what makes them go on both sides. Big enough and very athletic line that’s obviously well coached with skill positions to take advantage of it. Good ball club. 

Yes you did and I rely on your synopsis' yearly!