Westmoreland at White House

BDP2003

On 10/17/2022 at 10:55 PM, vandyfan1 said:

I’m hearing more about ER in this thread than the actual two teams playing. ER must have really put it on Westmoreland. I like westy hope they win but I think the run game of whitehouse will be hard for them to stop. I also think WH defense is better than some are giving credit.

Good luck Westy I rooting for you!

ER was 14-7 over westmoreland with 10 minutes to go in the 4th. 4th down and 6 and threw a wheel route to get the first down that kinda broke our back. Westmoreland fumbled 4 times. Westmoreland was too nervous it seemed. ER is about the same as Westmoreland. We played terrible and ER won. The score was really exaggerated as to how the game went. ER went for it on 4th down how many times? We didn’t blitzed much to stop the run on 4th I don’t think. We also lost our starting defensive tackle in the first half and he was also our offensive guard. I just hope we don’t come out flat this week but it will be left up to our coaches and players as to how seriously they want to take the rest of the season. 

Edited by Mr. Postman1
  • Like 1

All the seniors better realize you have a few games to fix all your mistakes and that’s it! Line doesn’t stay with their blocks. Senior backs fumbling the ball in crucial times. Also it amazes me why Nick gray wasn’t in the ballgame to start the second half at fullback since he was the only player to score in the game? All this should be questions coaches and players look at themselves and ask what they can do to change? It’s sudden death now I just hope the seniors get that in their head and play their best the rest of the way. Also I think we didn’t try a pass until we got behind 2 scores all the way to the 4th quarter and then threw every play. The ER game had enough blame to go around to everyone I think if your willing to man up and admit it

Edited by Mr. Postman1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

All the seniors better realize you have a few games to fix all your mistakes and that’s it! Line doesn’t stay with their blocks. Senior backs fumbling the ball in crucial times. Also it amazes me why Nick gray wasn’t in the ballgame to start the second half at fullback since he was the only player to score in the game? All this should be questions coaches and players look at themselves and ask what they can do to change? It’s sudden death now I just hope the seniors get that in their head and play their best the rest of the way. Also I think we didn’t try a pass until we got behind 2 scores all the way to the 4th quarter and then threw every play. The ER game had enough blame to go around to everyone I think if your willing to man up and admit it

I'll be honest I think the pressure was too much for our boys... They come out flat, and didn't have the energy or intensity that they have had all year (4 fumbles didn't help either lol)... almost like they were scared if I'm being honest... After talking to some of the guys a big problem was people were being selfish when they haven't been all year, one of the seniors exact words were "we have played as a team all year and then all of a sudden we got selfish and half of us started trying to be coach instead of doing our job and playing". He didn't name any names but you could tell something was off. Either way its over, learn from it and mov e forward! Ready to see the boys get back on track tomorrow! 

On 10/20/2022 at 7:49 AM, Mr. Postman1 said:

ER was 14-7 over westmoreland with 10 minutes to go in the 4th. 4th down and 6 and threw a wheel route to get the first down that kinda broke our back. Westmoreland fumbled 4 times. Westmoreland was too nervous it seemed. ER is about the same as Westmoreland. We played terrible and ER won. The score was really exaggerated as to how the game went. ER went for it on 4th down how many times? We didn’t blitzed much to stop the run on 4th I don’t think. We also lost our starting defensive tackle in the first half and he was also our offensive guard. I just hope we don’t come out flat this week but it will be left up to our coaches and players as to how seriously they want to take the rest of the season. 

Sounds like a bunch of excuses lol.  Hoping  White House can get a W tonight and clean up the mental mistakes.   

40 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

Go BDP.  Patiently waiting for Postman’s excuses 

I doubt he has any.  Poor performance  by Eagles. Undisciplined and unfocused with too many penalties. Gave up a punt block and safety that cost them the  game. Whats the story though on the call reversal on the on side kick recovery by Westmoreland with 1:30 left ?  Haven't see that before. Not an excuse it's a question? 

40 minutes ago, Doug said:

I doubt he has any.  Poor performance  by Eagles. Undisciplined and unfocused with too many penalties. Gave up a punt block and safety that cost them the  game. Whats the story though on the call reversal on the on side kick recovery by Westmoreland with 1:30 left ?  Haven't see that before. Not an excuse it's a question? 

I was watching from Facebook so I have no clue.  

Just now, copacanobra said:

I was watching from Facebook so I have no clue.  

Refs signaled Westmoreland ball, then huddled and changed the call.  Never seen that before.  Regardless, we didn't play well enough to win. But that call is gonna be discussed  more than our lackluster performance.  

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Refs signaled Westmoreland ball, then huddled and changed the call.  Never seen that before.  Regardless, we didn't play well enough to win. But that call is gonna be discussed  more than our lackluster performance.  

I really was expecting more out of westmoreland if I’m being honest.  And that’s not me talking trash, I just feel like y’all are usually a really physical team, but it didn’t seem all there tonight.  Might’ve looked different in person.