2023-2025 Initial Classification Released

haweanbula

46 minutes ago, Eaglefan19 said:

They would send AC north if anyone … Northview and Seymour will not be separated being in same county and would stay in region 2

Northview is easier to get to for the Region 1 folks, Seymour is easily accessible from Knoxville or Region 2.  Jackson North Side and Jackson South Side are in two separate regions, so the same county idea goes out the window.  Sequoyah is a wild card for Region 1 and 2.  Sequoyah High School is about 25-30 minutes closer to Knoxville than Chattanooga.  Dyer County should fall into Region 7.  They are currently in Region 8-5a.  Millington Central and Lakeland Prep will add to Region 8.  Does Wooddale play up again?  Region 5 looks to be a 7 team region, which would be Nashville schools + Marshall County.  White County adds to Region 4, the Cookeville area region.  Region 3 loses East Hamilton and Chattanooga Central, but gains Signal Mountain.  

I'm predicting 26 teams in Regions 1-4, and 23 teams in Regions 5-8.  Of course, that is with no one moving up.  3 Regions with 7 teams (1,2,5), 3 Regions with 6 teams (3,4,8), and Regions 6 & 7 with 5 teams each.  This is strictly based of geography.

Edited by TNClassified

24 minutes ago, TNClassified said:

Northview is easier to get to for the Region 1 folks, Seymour is easily accessible from Knoxville or Region 2. 

That's what I was thinking. Region 1 would have to travel all the way into knoxville then get on I-75 north and travel 15 to 20 mins north to Anderson Co. Northview is close to Interstate 40 just a few miles

10 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

That's what I was thinking. Region 1 would have to travel all the way into knoxville then get on I-75 north and travel 15 to 20 mins north to Anderson Co. Northview is close to Interstate 40 just a few miles

They will not separate Seymour and Northview being in same school system… either they both go to region 1 or both stay in region 2… 

Edited by Eaglefan19

19 minutes ago, Eaglefan19 said:

They will not separate Seymour and Northview being in same school system… either they both go to region 1 or both stay in region 2… 

Jackson North Side and Jackson South Side are in the SAME city and the SAME school system, both in 4a.  And they are in separate regions.  Not sure that the TSSAA is very concerned with that.  But maybe they favor the different type of demographics in East Tennessee compared to West Tennessee.

Northview to Seymour- 21 minutes, 13.3 miles.  Very curvy 2 lane road for most of the drive.  The part near Northview can be very congested with tourism traffic.

North Side to South Side- 19 minutes, 9.2 miles.  One road with a roundabout (traffic circle) near the center of the route.  City traffic.

Hmmm... 

You may be correct, but your logic isn't adding up.

Edited by TNClassified

5 minutes ago, TNClassified said:

Jackson North Side and Jackson South Side are in the SAME city and the SAME school system, both in 4a.  And they are in separate regions.  Not sure that the TSSAA is very concerned with that.  But maybe they favor the different type of demographics in East Tennessee compared to West Tennessee.

Northview to Seymour- 21 minutes, 13.3 miles.  Very curvy 2 lane road for most of the drive.  The part near Northview can be very congested with tourism traffic.

North Side to South Side- 19 minutes, 9.2 miles.  One road with a roundabout (traffic circle) near the center of the route.  City traffic.

Hmmm... 

You may be correct, but your logic isn't adding up.

Understand your analogy but I’m just hearing they both will be in same region. Could be wrong but we will see. 

11 minutes ago, Eaglefan19 said:

Understand your analogy but I’m just hearing they both will be in same region. Could be wrong but we will see. 

So you are just hearing that in the Sevier County community?  I understand.  The toughest part of it all is that nobody knows what the folks at 3333 Lebanon Pike, Hermitage, TN 37076 are truly going to come up with.  

6 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

My thought also. But, If 8 teams is too much for Region 2, Northview would be the next team to move northeast to Region 1.

You could be right… The question becomes does Alcoa get out of their comfort zone and try to win it in 4A and move up. Rankin never would do it. I think Alcoa is definitely talented enough to not miss a beat but it will be tougher than 3A overall. Right now all they have is 3 tough games entire year and 2 of them rally don’t county in Maryville and West both non region. Games… the other May not be tough but I’m counting it tough which is state championship game.  People are saying they will and they won’t… so who really knows.  We all will know regions soon enough. 

Until they move up to 4A Alcoa will be known just as the Goldberg of TSSAA High School Football, Beating up on nobodies and being stale ad beating nobodies in the playoffs, they have done all they can do at the 3A Level but are scared of the 4A Level, thats why Rankin moved down to Division II, though by moving up to 4A and winning Gold Balls there would add to Alcoa's legacy and put some respect on their name because Alcoa in 3A is Boring

24 minutes ago, chrisburr said:

Until they move up to 4A Alcoa will be known just as the Goldberg of TSSAA High School Football, Beating up on nobodies and being stale ad beating nobodies in the playoffs, they have done all they can do at the 3A Level but are scared of the 4A Level, thats why Rankin moved down to Division II, though by moving up to 4A and winning Gold Balls there would add to Alcoa's legacy and put some respect on their name because Alcoa in 3A is Boring

...and you know what you are knowN for here on CoachT???............

NNu7z5.gif.c232eb9859f093fa90d1cd84594fedb4.gif

• Upvote 1