Recruiting....

Sportsismyaddiction

I have a serious question that I would love to have a debate about. This is a sensitive topic and I want to first put out there, that this is not about any particular Coach or school. I just know that this situation has or could arise in any sport at any school.

Do Coaches or should Coaches hide or dispose of college letters or information about players in their program? 

7 hours ago, Sportsismyaddiction said:

I have a serious question that I would love to have a debate about. This is a sensitive topic and I want to first put out there, that this is not about any particular Coach or school. I just know that this situation has or could arise in any sport at any school.

Do Coaches or should Coaches hide or dispose of college letters or information about players in their program? 

Just like coaching the team some coaches do a great job of getting kids looked at and signed and others are terrible.  This is usually a case of the head coach having a great relationship with the college recruiters and being willing to work with the recruiters.  There are some high school coaches that have the attitude that if a college coach calls them about a players they will speak with them but they are not going to go out of their way to promote a player.  That philosophy is great for the 5* kids but for the kid that is a low 3* or lower it doesn’t work.  My thoughts are that more high school players should really focus on grades and shoot for a high academic school.  If the Power 5 schools conference then they have a decision to make. 

No debate to it. I have zero respect for anyone in that position if they don't promote their kid. The ideal coach works to secure offers for every player who has a shot to get one, but the guy (or lady) who ignores interest should be fired on the spot. These kids get one shot, and to be able to extend their playing career for a little while means a lot...not to mention the financial and educational aspects. Life changing decisions concerning other people should never be taken any more lightly than coach would if it were his own kid.

• Like 5