New Classification impact on 1A in West TN

WestTNHoopsFan

4 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

How does the new classifications impact 1A Boys basketball in West TN?

Depending on how districts turn out could matter, but overall, I don't think it changes much. Swapping Union City for Trenton is only major change. Union City is probably going to be more consistent year and year out, but that's still going to be the perennial team to beat, along with Middleton.

17 hours ago, GHSSupporter said:

Depending on how districts turn out could matter, but overall, I don't think it changes much. Swapping Union City for Trenton is only major change. Union City is probably going to be more consistent year and year out, but that's still going to be the perennial team to beat, along with Middleton.

Peabody moves up and Union City Down?

37 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Peabody moves up and Union City Down?

Yes, and JCM moved up as well. I think that was the only changes in West Tennessee. Here recently it's been MAHS and MASE representing Memphis, with MAHS closing that potentially makes it a little easier in sub state, but I'm sure somebody down there will step up and take their place.

5 hours ago, GHSSupporter said:

Yes, and JCM moved up as well. I think that was the only changes in West Tennessee. Here recently it's been MAHS and MASE representing Memphis, with MAHS closing that potentially makes it a little easier in sub state, but I'm sure somebody down there will step up and take their place.

i think JCM  actually is 3A right now. 

• 3 months later...

Memphis Hillcrest high school has a great team in 2AA this year  will be in 1A next with 85% of their scoring back in Jerrod Mackey 6’5 and Jordan. Allen 5’11 Guard and Xavier Herron 6’0 guard and 6’5 Sophmore Forward laparizz Dyson 4 out of 5 startes will be back for them next year 

On 1/27/2023 at 10:02 AM, Coach81 said:

Jordan Allen 

jerrod Mackey 2AA Mr basketball nominee